Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Archive] Of Ash And Fire - Original Thread

SirNerdsAlot5

I think I feel up to it...

------------------------------------------

Darius was just then sitting down on the operating table, the cool steel on his palms a grim reminder of what he was to be. A cold discarded corpse, even IF that. Then, barely a few minutes after the Crewman stopped screaming there was another.

This one started as a low moan, so low and loud Darius felt the vibrations in the table. Nakarn looked around, confusion and a small glimmer of fear on his face. The low moan increasing in pitch so slow and gradual you could hear it transition from octave to octave. The scream was so loud and high at this point that the infested were shivering, in fear or delight Darius didn't know.

Then the howl was joined by another. The first of many screaming infested, shrieking runners, howling chargers, moaning leapers and snorting ancients.

Nakarn looked around frantically at his units, the fear more evident on his face.

Then Nakarn started shivering too, trying to suppress the roar forcefully gathering up in his throat. Then the first dog turned on its master.

A charger turned and in one fluid motion, tried to attack Nakarn. Nakarn, however was prepared. The technocyte part of him knew it was a call for blood. A call for his blood. Nakarn took up a nearby medical scalpel, stabbing the charger in the face. Darius nearly laughed out of irony. Then, the rage of a fallen being entwined with the eagerness for death. All the infested began to fall into chaos, trying to kill Nakarn. Nakarn was too fast and ran out of the room.

Nakarn vaulted over the infested gathered out the door, where Darius saw him turn a corner.

Then Nakarn immediately ran the other way.

---

Akinos had followed the Shade around for a while, while they added things to the list, and dropped or hid all kind of assorted items around, from numbered cards, to broken gizmos, and at one point... a rubber moa. Akinos didn't want to know where in the Void could Shade have found a rubber moa (but he guessed it wasn't actually in the Void). He figured, that whoever it was that would have to fetch this things, and perform all of the other hundred or so tasks, they had to have like... killed the Lotus, or at least been close to that. Because this was going to be horrible. Laughably horrible.

Then he started hearing a faint noise. The walls were vibrating, if only slightly, and as they went forward he realized that it sounded suspiciously like someone was at the firing range with an ogris, and missing all over the place. Except they weren't anywhere near the firing range. They eventually arrived at a door in particular, where Shade stopped.

-Wait for it...-the sentinel said as Akinos was going to open the door-Also, step aside just slightly.

Akinos did as he said, fully expecting someone to fly out of there at that point. and indeed, just after he had moved aside, the Shade opened the door, and a man flew out. The one Shade had mentioned, probably. Cain. One clearly cheery Nova came out after him, with null stars floating all over the place.

-So, is Cain available?-Akinos asked, with a slight of irony-I had just a little request for him. It requires use of arms and legs, so if you are going to blow them to bits, please let me have him do this first. "If you break him, you will ruin the fun for the rest of us"-he added, quoting the Shade.

-It's for a scavenger hunt, actually-the Shade said, with a tone of veritable excitement-Lots of fun!

-A scavenger hunt! It does sound very fun-the Nova agreed, childishly-but Heus told me to stay with with him-she said, pointing at Cain... or what was left of Cain anyway.

-Take him with you, and no harm is done-Shade proposed-Tell him to help you search, and it will be more fun. And when you are done there's a lot of other games to play. Here, your lists-he said, dropping a pair of data pads.

One excited Nova Queen, or so Akinos believed, having recognized the Nova's particular "style", or, as some would say, "condition", dragged away Cain, with orders to find all of that stuff. Akinos didn't even know if all of what was in that list had been placed, let alone what was what, since while the stuff was in plain sight, the names in the list were riddles.

-What's the worst that could happen? Be honest-Akinos asked the Shade, suspecting something.

-If she gets too frustrated by the frustrating-by-design Hunt, this Clan will be the first to have a Greatgrandhall-Shade answered-But the worst for us could be a bad reaction on the part of the generally less aggressive Nova that's coming right behind us.

Indeed, another Nova had come out of a room behind them, a Djinn Sentinel at the trail. She didn't seem upset, but rather, a bit confused of where the show had gone. Surely she wasn't expecting to have to run around to watch this.

-There'll be plenty of time to break his bones-Shade said, turning towards them-Besides, this will be funnier. You can get an uplink done with the security network to have view of them in real time. Most of the time you can even get more than one angle of view, to help with the subtleties that you might miss. I don't believe all of us have been introduced. Acantha and i met in that little incident with Venefica, you know, the psychotic Nyx. Shame, I didn't get to use my deth machine gun... And i never got my last query to Acantha answered, which stroke me as a bit impolite, even it being hypothetical and all. Anyway, this is Akinos, my Tenno. And you must be Qarin. I guess that, since you are the second Djinn i got to meet, it's good you have a name aside from "Djinn". I am Shade myself, and since i have met no other Shades, i'll keep it, for the moment.

The fact that Shade had addressed the Djinn, "Qarin", the entire time just about clued Akinos into the fact that this conversation could go either really well, or really bad. More to the bad side, if he considered how badly Shade got along with the other Djinn they had met to mean something. Then again, chances were that if Acantha wasn't used to this, she'd even think she wasn't being blatantly disregarded, with a side of insult, over some question she had not answered.

---

Yes, Shade holds grudges like Cthulhu (or, probably, like whatever that thing Viking just wrote of is) when it comes to unanswered questions. Until the end of days, or until he extracts the answer from your dissected brain/soul/whatever. He's not going to let go of it now.

Ty, Beju c:

I'm sorry but I can't stop the creative river!

I TRIED BUILDING A DAM BUT FREAKING OMEGA KEPT ON USING PIES ON MY WORKERS!

There have been at least 50 pie-related deaths! D:

Edited by EDeN153

Guys....no one has given me background info on Igilbrix. Who's guy is he? Let me know pl0x

First, its Igilblix. Not Igilbrix. If you want to know more, I posted some of his back story almost a hundred pages or so back. Just go through my profile and find those posts. It will help.

Sent Igilblix a Facebook message Bejuizb. He should be posting more info pretty soon. He doesnt keep up with the posts here, He spends more time playing lol

Thanks!

First, its Igilblix. Not Igilbrix. If you want to know more, I posted some of his back story almost a hundred pages or so back. Just go through my profile and find those posts. It will help.

I'll try hunting. If I can't find anything, I'll send you a PM. 

A snippet of pimping >:)

Aktos ran into the room with a deformed object with meat and a substance called "mayonnaise" oozing out of it. He handed it to her and waited for her response.

Vulcana stared disapprovingly  at the "sandwich" Aktos had made. She threw at him, got up off of her throne and pimp-slapped him. Aktos' helmet flew off of his head.

"CAN'T YOU DO ANYTHING RIGHT!?!"

Aktos flinched at the ferocity of her voice. This was his 20th attempt at making a "sandwich" and according to Vulcana, each attempt was wrong. He hated this arrangement.he wondered how long it would last.

"Now, GO MAKE ME ANOTHER ONE! GET IT RIGHT THIS TIME!

"Can you at least tell what a sandwich is!? You don't give hints you know!"

Vulcana adjusted her purple hat, and cocked her hand back.

"Who exactly were are you talking too? I know you ain't talking to me like that, not with that tone"

Aktos flinched and said

"I'll be making you that sandwich now" and he scurried out of the room.

"That's a good *@##$". She sat back down, grabbed her cane, adjusted her hat, and propped her feet up on Aktos' desk.