Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Archive] Of Ash And Fire - Original Thread

SirNerdsAlot5

Before we went to church me and my mom had this verbal exchange. Tell me, just how did she get to this conclusion?

Mom: We're about to go to church and you're wearing white sweatsocks *chuckles*

Me: *Looks down, laughs* Oh! i wasn't even paying attention,i forgot i was wearing white socks *chuckles*

Mom: You don't care about how you present yourself to the Lord. That is basically what you said.

My Thoughts: WTF? I say forget i was wearing casual socks and not "church socks" and you get that out of what i said? HOW THE F*** DOES THAT HAPPEN!

EDIT:Still workin on a larger story.

Edited by DraikoHunter

Before we went to church me and my mom had this verbal exchange. Tell me, just how did she get to this conclusion?

Mom: We're about to go to church and you're wearing white sweatsocks *chuckles*

Me: *Looks down, laughs* Oh! i wasn't even paying attention,i forgot i was wearing white socks *chuckles*

Mom: You don't care about how you present yourself to the Lord. That is basically what you said.

My Thoughts: WTF? I say forget i was wearing casual socks and not "church socks" and you get that out of what i said? HOW THE F*** DOES THAT HAPPEN!

EDIT:Still workin on a larger story.

Draiko, i'll cut you a break here because you probably haven't had the chance to realize this few things yet, but:

To make a big deal out of any thing like this doesn't really improve it. In fact, the best way to deal with this is to minimize it. If you can get to pretend you need nothing at all, it's a great boon.

Keep your cool and pick your arguments carefully. If you get to point out a logical flaw, do it calmly, use small words, don't lose it (hard one).

And, you get like... 3 complains to other people. If you do more than that you are just undermining yourself in the eyes of those people (*wink wink*).

And that's pretty much it, i guess.

Draiko, i'll cut you a break here because you probably haven't had the chance to realize this few things yet, but:

To make a big deal out of any thing like this doesn't really improve it. In fact, the best way to deal with this is to minimize it. If you can get to pretend you need nothing at all, it's a great boon.

Keep your cool and pick your arguments carefully. If you get to point out a logical flaw, do it calmly, use small words, don't lose it (hard one).

And, you get like... 3 complains to other people. If you do more than that you are just undermining yourself in the eyes of those people (*wink wink*).

And that's pretty much it, i guess.

I know but i've had alot of stress over the years and no way to properly vent it. Writing it out here helps with that since i can't punch my bag on a regular basis. I'll try to keep cool but it's difficult. Speaking of punching, my is mom asleep and so is my smallest sister...... I'll be back.

Edited by DraikoHunter

In Good old blighty England too.

However. STREEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS. Exam tomorrow. Just the single 3 hours of engineering maths stuff. (So many mechanics and physics and kinetics and electronics)

then a whole week of F--- ALL! Which shall be spent liberally. Maybe more story for Nyght.

G'Night!

I'm making tacos.....and i haven't posted a story either. Need to hurry and work on that. I have notes on it but i haven't started typing it yet.

EDIT: You have not lived until you have tasted tacos the way me and my mom make them. We could run Taco Bell out of business if we wanted to. The same applies for my dad's fried chicken. Heavenly. We could run some restaurants out of business since my dad fries his chicken crispy and my mom knows how to make a damn good taco.

Edited by DraikoHunter

Is it me or has this thread been fairly quiet today? Or could it just be I'm in a different timezone to most others? (lives in England)

Maybe this will help. Next part. Hope you enjoy! :D

*Thump* *Thump* *Thump*

“Those footsteps sound a lot heavier than than a normal lancer. Perhaps Gor wears the armor of a Napalm or a Bombard?” Morlan realized he was sweating in his suit. His hands shaking ever so slightly, his breath, erratic. “What’s wrong with me? He sounds even heavier than an elite Grineer!! Am I excited? Will I find what I’m looking for? I must be close to the end, right? I don’t know, focus, Focus, FOCUS!!” He shook his head and slowed his breathing. He analyzed the sounds of Dei’s footsteps, judging the sounds, to determine which entrance Gor would come from, as well as what his armor was. Morlan clenched his fists, remembering the cause of his journey, his mission, his life’s work.

The door in front of him opened, revealing Gor Dei, the Brute. Morlan was shocked at what he saw. Gor Dei looked about 8 feet tall, wearing what appeared to be a slim version of Lancer armor. The armor was more like the skin of an Old Earth snake than just armor plating. It had fewer openings than normal Lancer armor, reducing the chance for a crippling melee blow. “I don’t think my Hate will do much good here.” But looking down, he saw Gor’s legs. They weren’t robotic. In fact, the large Grineer had a physique more akin to a Tenno than a Grineer!

Gor Dei had what appeared to be an Ogris in each hand, with enlarged grips and extended mags. “There’s probably more detonite in each warhead too….” Morlan stood, his Twin Wraith Vipers  holstered, his scythe sheathed, but his mind and body remained ready. “Hoooo..? You think you can take me on without a weapon? Even you vaunted powers are no match for Grineer supremacy and advanced genetic engineering!”

“Genetic engineering… This must mean Tyl Regor is the reason this guy is the way he is. Gor shouldn’t be telling me crucial information such as that.  Wait…. no wonder he hasn’t been mass-produced. He’s an idiot, even by Grineer standards. But then” Morlan’s train of thought was broken off in order to dodge Gor’s rocket. It was a desperate evasion, and he was knocked backwards into a slime-covered terminal. “Tch! I’ll have to think after the fight.”

“HAAaaa!! There never was information from Vor to Hek! You’re a fool, Tenno. Now DIIIEE!!!” Gor began firing rockets as fast as they could chamber. Morlan executed a series of backflips to evade the rockets. He was on a course for the wall, but that was no stopper for a Tenno. As he was halfway through the last flip, he twisted 180 degrees and began to climb the wall. Morlan smiled at the simplicityof the maneuver, when his foot encountered something: Infested blood.

Morlan fell and landed on his back, ungracefully, stunned at his error. Gor trod heavily towards the downed Ash, chuckling as he pointed his launchers at MOrlan’s face. “You, Tenno, failed.”

“I was right Gor, you are an idiot.” Morlan’s warframe was not the typical Ash frame. Still on his back, he pushed off with his arms and extended his legs towards his hulking opponent. When his legs were close enough, Morlan activated his hidden calf blades. The blades cut through the Ogris’s, detonating the remaining warheads, knocking Tenno and Grineer away.

Both combatants stood, Morlan’s leg blades shattered, Gor Dei’s armor blackened but intact. Morlan drew his Hate, confident that his scythe could now shatter his opponents defense. Gor, still shking with fits of cruel laughter, drew a Galatine with runes inscribed upon it.

Morlan’s eyes grew wide behind his smooth helmet. “That….. blade…..”

Edited by MandoKarla

Just found out how much I underestimated my exam syllabus. 

Now I need to study 1800 pages worth of stuff in three days.

I'm contemplating popping pills...seriously...life is at an all time low now.

I fear for my high school and college years if this is seriously what i'll have to go through. But i want to be successful, but i hate studying.....and once again: I can't sit still to save my life. Must......be.....successful!

You know, the key to success isn't based off of Academics alone. You don't have to torture yourself over this stuff to be successful in life!

I know, but my main issue lies with the fact that i want to be a game designer when i get older. You need to be some kind of math wiz to even have a chance. I hate math. I could always take up cooking though, so there's that.