Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Archive] Of Ash And Fire - Original Thread

SirNerdsAlot5

I personally don't use a program. I just write my things down here in the forum itself.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Mike was listening calmly to the Lotus explain his 'character' which he would have to play out at the upcoming corpus ball, while ducking in cover from a trio of Grineer Heavy Gunners streams of rapid shots. 

"So, just to clear this out for me: Az will remain her usual self, but pretending to be an ex-Tenno, while I am going to be her lovey-dovey husband that she uses for his creative talent." He said to Lotus as he peeked out and shot a single bullet from one of his heavily modified Lex pistols through one of the Gunners head, ducking back into cover afterwards to regenerate his shields.

"That's right Tenno. Are you all right with your role?" The Lotus asked him as he shot down a second heavy gunner with a single shot through the head.

"I'm ok with it. How long do I have to do it?" Mike than asked her as he 'smote' the grineer, the energy of the blast it created tearing the gunner in half.

"The ball itself will be for a whole earth-day cycle. That is, if you don't make a good impression to one of the board's members. " Was the answer he got as his heads-up-display showed that there were no Grineer left on this outpost.

"So, the mission will last for 24 hours or longer, if we do this well." He said, thinking about it. "Sure, I can do that." He then said as he stepped onto the extract plate of his snub, relaxing as the magnetic clamps took over and attached him to hit as the snub took off, spinning around to get him inside the snub itself.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Just another cute little teaser for my big 'solo' story thingy. It might include the 'Oracle' from (don't remember the name)

I don't use a program to write. I just place possible ideas into notepad and then write them out in the reply box. but what works for me doesn't necessarily work for others.

I personally don't use a program. I just write my things down here in the forum itself.

*snip*

Please don't do that guys. The forums have a very bad habit of occasionally "eating" posts. It just happened to me last night in fact. You can type something out, hit post, and it never shows up, it just completely disappears. A few people have lost hours and hours of work because of that.

It's a heck of a lot safer to type it out somewhere else where you can save it than it is to type it here. I'm just saying. Especially because free programs are so easily available.

Like I sad, control v broke for me. So it's forum writing for me. 

Can't copy and paste at all? Even with a mouse click?

That said, please, please, please, please do NOT just write on the forums. I did that on SWTOR. Then they wiped the forums just before launch. I managed to save @60% of my stuff. Almost 4 years worth of writing @3000 words a day. I lost... a lot. I was... It hurt.

Luckily I had fans THERE who saved the rest or I would have gone totally nuts trying to REWRITE everything.

Backups are a GOOD thing. Never say otherwise.

Edited by Kalenath

I don't have the luxury of Microsoft office Word on my writing computer and google docs tends to corrupt any story i write in it. (aka, I can't open them again.) That is why I write in the forums. I will do that until I manage to resolve my issues with google docs at least or I actually get Word.

I don't have the luxury of Microsoft office Word on my writing computer and google docs tends to corrupt any story i write in it. (aka, I can't open them again.) That is why I write in the forums. I will do that until I manage to resolve my issues with google docs at least or I actually get Word.

Try OpenOffice. Its a freeware version of Word.

I use Open Office and Notepad. I've got an app on my iPod that I can write with as well, so when I'm on the move, I can just type it out at my leisure, and when I reach a wifi zone, I simply email it to myself. Three backups right there. Losing stuff is downright rage inducing.

I get the same problem with the copy pasting. I do, when making a particularly large chunk, make a backup/notes to restore from.

That said, most of the stuff I've done I've had 'cooking' in my head through the day, then reassemble straight into the forum box.

Although, depending on the pc I'm using, it -sometimes- works. Sortof.

the copypaste thing is a pain though, makes doing large chunks of re-text and linking images a REAL pain.

(because yay random string of complex numbers)

On a side note - Exam done, YAY. Think it went reasonably well... and now a week of freedom.

Games

Story times

TV! - I got a Morecambe and wise boxset for Xmas... hehehe