Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Archive] Of Ash And Fire - Original Thread

SirNerdsAlot5

Hrm, how do I get Nyght roped into the rescue...

He's in Aedquitas, spent all his time so far training and meditating.

Perhaps he just 'bumps' into people all scrambling to gear up and launch, throws his aid in like any honourable, chivalrous gentleman would?

Does someone else want to weave me in? Or shall I try and blend him in myself?

(Don't want do stuff and end up stepping on others feet, if get my meaning)

Booyah!

I'm armed and ready to kick &#!!

Thanks a lot Jeahanne, you portrayed Aiden perfectly.

So who's up next? When does the mission begin?

You're very welcome. I'm just sorry it took so long. I'm glad I portrayed Aiden alright though. I always get woried when I'm handling other people's characters ^-^;

Hrm, how do I get Nyght roped into the rescue...

He's in Aedquitas, spent all his time so far training and meditating.

Perhaps he just 'bumps' into people all scrambling to gear up and launch, throws his aid in like any honourable, chivalrous gentleman would?

Does someone else want to weave me in? Or shall I try and blend him in myself?

(Don't want do stuff and end up stepping on others feet, if get my meaning)

You're more than welcome to start something on your own if you want to. It's up to you ^-^

Okay I threw this together while I decided to take a crap (you didn't need to know, but now you know anyways). Just a little continuation of Acantha's part. I hope I got Qarin's responses right. If not, I'll fix it ASAP. Now, back to physics!

Aiden jogged to keep up with the Nova. Acantha…an intriguing name. And that creature flying besides her. She called it Qarin. He looked around him, soaking in the unfamiliar surroundings.

Spirits know where I am, but at least I’m armed, he thought as the drummed the handle of the Lex. Back in the war, the Lex had saved his life many times. He was glad to be able to hold on to a piece of his past.

Acantha stopped in front of a room. Without saying anything, Aiden stood outside to give her some privacy as she changed. She nodded and walked in, the door silently closing behind her.

He drew the rifle from his back, looking at the craftsmanship of the weapon he chose. Definitely not Tenno, he thought paying close attention to the barrel of the rifle. Some sort of tape was wrapped around it, giving the gun a worn down look. I hope it doesn’t perform as bad as it looks, he thought with amusement.

He sighed and looked around him. How many years have passed since I entered the pod? I despise being in the dark. But I suppose I can always find out from others. Right now my mission is to aid Acantha with rescuing an ally named Sophia. Considering her hastiness in responding to the call, she must be a good friend.

He was annoyed with his mind. Ever since he was a child, inquisitiveness had left him tired and impatient. He always wanted to know more. Knowledge is power, he told to himself. Even more than strength.

But it was at moments like this when he just wanted his mind to focus on nothing; drowning in his own thoughts was a common occurrence for him, and considering his lack of information regarding almost anything at the moment, he was struggling for breath.

Breathe…ease you worries…calm your mind.

He was startled out of his reverie by a question from Qarin. He didn’t realize that it had remained outside with him.

“I assume you are attempting to figure out the whereabouts of this place?”

Aiden nodded. “That, and much more.”

“You must not worry yourself, Tenno Aiden. All will be made clear at a later time.”

Aiden nodded bemusedly. He wasn’t sure he would ever get used to being given pep talk by Qarin. He didn’t even know what it was.

“What are you thinking about now?” asked Qarin.

Aiden shook his head. “Nothing of importance.”

Qarin beeped. “Very well then, I shall leave you to your machinations.”

Aiden leaned against a wall, holstering his rifle. Such a strange world I've woken up to, he thought.

Scholarly Rhino.

Who can swing a Galatine with blinding speed. Yeah, my guy's an all rounder.

@Jeahanne

Good. I barely knew much about him/her/it. Just read your latest part and figured it out from there.

Edited by bejuizb

Qarin is pretty innocent, a quick learner, and very, very logical in how he thinks. I like to think of him as the kind of person you'd run into who learned how to speak english right from a textbook (that is, if you could download the whole thing right into your head and understand it all right away). He speaks very properly and uses words that sometimes are technically correct, but not what a human would choose to say (such as the time in the Station Security Office when he suggests that the Tinkerer would be good at "servicing" Acantha. He thinks of servicing as synonymous with repairing, which is technically correct, but when you apply it to people it means something entirely different). So he tends to understand dry facts and "common-sense" things well, but get's confused by things that might be obvious to us but have no really easy explanation, like slang or inferences that aren't obvious right away.

Edited by Jeahanne

These stories. I wish had something as interesting to post. Or to write for that matter. Awesome stories. Qarin makes me laugh with his random questions.....i find it funny for some reason.

EDIT: Not sure if i want Aktos and Vulcana to join in or not...............They can come, if you so choose they are up for grabs. I'm not sure how to write them getting pulled into the mission without them breaking off what they are doing. If i have to i can edit out a particular part and then have it continue. Better yet, mine could take place after the mission......GAH BRAIN OVERLOAD!!

Edited by DraikoHunter

Getting swept along by you two as you make for your Snub sounds good to me.

Alright ^-^

Are you writing or should one of us?

These stories. I wish had something as interesting to post. Or to write for that matter. Awesome stories. Qarin makes me laugh with his random questions.....i find it funny for some reason.

^-^; thanks. I like him too, and I'm glad you enjoy the stories.

Well, given that you two are at Acantha's room, with Aiden and Qarin just outside, I think it might fit better for one of you to write next. Sort of, come out, all ready etc., then come charging down the halls to the hangar and Nyght happen be in the path, bit quizzical.

And then I'll likely start popping stuff up from Nyght's view, getting whisked along in his first mission since cryo!

Well, given that you two are at Acantha's room, with Aiden and Qarin just outside, I think it might fit better for one of you to write next. Sort of, come out, all ready etc., then come charging down the halls to the hangar and Nyght happen be in the path, bit quizzical.

And then I'll likely start popping stuff up from Nyght's view, getting whisked along in his first mission since cryo!

JEAHANNE!!!

You're up next :P

No rush this time from my end. Just the others. 

Ghost jerked her head to the side as she felt something.. off. She didn't know what was wrong but something... something terrible would soon happen. She frowned, thinking over that strange feeling. She checked her inbox to see if anything had come in, and boy was she surprised to see a outgoing message to all Aequitas members from Kris asking for help rescuing someone named Sophia. She snorted then paused as the ramifications for this took hold. Kris was asking THEM for help... well then... it must be pretty bad. She let out a silent sigh before standing up."Come Idhren... we have a mission waiting for us now. We will test the strength of your mind during this. This will be no easy fight I assure you. Gather your weapons and meat me in the launch bay. You have 10 minutes" Ghost immediately turned and left for her room, walking at a fast, brisk pace. Once at her room she gathered everything she even remotely thought she would need. Lanka, Gremlins, Ballistica, Pangolin sword and plenty of other weapons, just in case. She the made her way to the snub, using Fenrik's Carrier he had loaned to her to carry and transport everything. She began to prep the snub for launch while she waited on Idhren. At the 9 minute mark Idhren showed up, climbing into the snub. Ghost nodded in approval before they took off, launching themselves out and away from the Dojo.