Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Archive] Of Ash And Fire - Original Thread

SirNerdsAlot5

Tried out my new Magnus, loved it, is eating Panko-breaded chicken, pasta, and corn. Going to be like 17 degrees in the morning and i have to stand outside and wait for a bus driver that is late on the worst possible days. When it was 9 @(*()$ DEGREES outside, i was standing outside for at least 20 mins past the time she was supposed to come. I got so cold this morning, i couldn't feel my nose or hands.

Might be a bit dramatic, but decided to give it a whirl any ways. Needed to get the thought of exams off my mind.

Aiden boarded the shuttle along with the others. It would take him a while to remember their names, but he was pretty pleased with the selection of Tenno. The Vauban who called for their assistance, Kris, seemed to know what he was doing. He had divided the squads very well: A Rhino per team just in case things went south.  Two Nyx’s to serve as distractions. An Excalibur to travel fast and hit hard. A Vauban to trap targets, and a Nova to annihilate anyone that stood in their way.

Aiden looked down at his Lex, safely holstered by his right thigh. It wasn’t modded the way he wanted it, but it would do nonetheless. One must always blame the creator, not the object he created. The more he looked around, the more intrigued he was with the world. On their way to the shuttle, Acantha and Qarin had taken turns explaining the Grineer to Aiden. A totalitarian monarchy which used brute force and cloned troops to subdue innocents’ and the defenseless. The very thought of them angered him.

Shelving his anger in the attempt to clear his thoughts, he looked closer at the Vauban. Acantha stood next to him, silently nodding at his glance. Aiden nodded in return and went back to analyzing Kris. From what he’d seen of Kris and paying attention to his body language and emotions during the briefing, Aiden guessed that Sophia meant a lot to him. Not just as an ally, but something more. Love, he thought. The strongest feeling in the universe. I will make sure that he is reunited with her. Even if it means sacrificing myself, I must protect something so precious with all I can.

Nyght, the Excalibur Prime, decided to start a conversation. “You seem to be deep in thought.”

Aiden looked at him and nodded. “All of this is new to me. It will take a while before I fully understand the world I’m in.”

Nyght leaned against the wall, crossing his arms. “I know what you mean, Tenno…”

“Aiden, of the White Fang.”

Nyght chuckled. “My apologies. As I was saying, Tenno Aiden, I am on the same boat as you. But we are amongst good people,” he said, waving his arms at the others in the shuttle. “They welcome anyone with open arms.”

Aiden nodded, absently tracing the outline of his Lex’s trigger. “Yes, I am grateful for that. Only time will tell if things change.”

Nyght decided to leave Aiden to his musings after that rather cryptic statement. He found it odd that a Rhino had such a varied train of thought. All the Rhinos he had encountered, including the other one on the shuttle with them, seemed to have their minds riddled with testosterone, dimming their intelligence to the point where he would have called them mindless, but this one was different.

Silence permeated the ship; even the talkative sentinels were quiet apart from a few clicks and beeps.

Aiden began to sing a song in his mind. His tutor had taught it to him, with the hopes that he would pass it on to the future generations. It was a song of peace, one made to soothe the mind, erase all unnecessary thoughts. It made his one with his body, and with that, he gained strength.

Strength to protect the weak.

Strength to fight evil.

He took a deep breath, holding it in for as long as possible, singing all the verses of the song as he did.

As he exhaled, one lone thought lingered in his mind.

I am Aiden. Fear me. 

Edited by bejuizb