Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Archive] Of Ash And Fire - Original Thread

SirNerdsAlot5

Start off with Code Geass and Code Geass R2, Then go to Death Note, Sword Art Online and the finally some long lasting series like Naruto or Bleach. Don't even bother watching One Piece, there's far too many episodes for you to be able to catch up.

Took some stupid test that we aren't even graded on. Was piss easy, using an IPad for an assignment and Aiglo sent me a link to a website to watch anime. I'll have to look at it when I get home.

Also.....strange name for some of these shows. If I hadn't seen an advertisement on TV. I would've thought Sword Art Online was an MMO XD

Allright, just a recap on the Teams.

Team One:

Kris

Kylar

Acantha

Aiden

Team Two

Lyc

Nyght

Ghost

Idhren

And the Latecomers, Aktos And Vulcana, are what is bugging me. should they be split up so that Aktos lands in team one and Vulcana lands in Team Two or should they both be dropped into Team Two?

This is most likely not going to be a very well liked post, But honestly I think it needs to be done. I'm not naming names, but im certainly not the only one who feels like we are dangerously close to tipping this whole thread into the abyss of canon-breaking horror. Sure, Its fun to do Crossovers into anime/romance/time travel/whatever, and yes comedy is fine once in a while to break up serious writing....But that was not what this thread was about.

We have gotten to the point where literally anything could happen and nobody would say anything about it. We should really get back to what this thread is about, which is directly in the title "How we Envision our Tenno". This thread is easily the largest i've ever seen, and its full of some of the best writing you can find anywhere, but its also strewn about with some seriously out of canon stuff.  I think before we continue with the line of great stories, We should set up some sort of Guidelines as to what is and is not canon. Im not saying we have to be Nazi-Strict about it, but we definitely need to address this. Just to get my point across, I've come up with a small list. This by no means says the stories are bad, please don't think that, it just means that some of these occurrences need to be kept to a minimum.

1. Time Travel - Its already been discussed, and agreed upon that it really shouldnt happen again.

2. Talking Sentinels - Perfect example of Bending (but not breaking) canon. Its totally within the realm of what we have seen Tenno/Orokin tech is capable of.

3. Sex and Pregnancy - We don't even know if Tenno have Genitals to begin with, and if they did, We have no way of knowing that they would be capable of becoming pregnant. Plus, Its not exactly something DE would approve of, if they happened to read it. We know some of DE have been watching this thread, so its totally possible that one (or several) of us may be contributing to ACTUAL lore. If they don't have to sift through stories of Tenno Romance stories, all the better.

4. Warframe Modification - Again, something that i can easily see happening, but should probably be kept to a minimum.

5. PvP Stories - This one is very hard to codify. When done correctly, it can be great fun and amazingly good to read, but when not done well, it becomes a juvenile case of "My X beats your Y, because i say so"...So please, When you are writing something like this, Realize that the other person's Character(s) are just as important to them, as yours are to you. Even if you plan to beat them to a pulp, thats fine, as long as you don't make them seem like an inferior character. Sure, I could write Aigloblam taking on Heus, Acantha, and Igilblix all at the same time and have him totally beat the living crap out of them, But thats totally unrealistic. In a real fight against those odds, He would be picked apart in no time. So if he were in such a situation, The best way to go about it is to have him escape, but barely. That way nobody's character is shown as inferior to anyone elses, but the Hero of the story (if i'm writing it at least) gets to win in the end. If i were to do something like this, I would make absolutely sure to run the story by anyone involved, before its posted. This may take a bit longer, but it will ensure that everyone is happy in the end.

I know i honestly don't have any Authority here, All i have is Seniority and that doesn't amount to anything really. I can't force anyone to not write something, So this may just be me squawking and making trouble. But in the end, I really do think its for the good of the thread as a whole.

So i think the best way we should go about this is that everyone who wants there to be official canon rules, PM me and say so. The same goes for anyone who doesn't want their infinite creativity hindered by anything, PM me and tell me. Ill keep a count of how many votes i get for Each, and then we can figure out the next step from there.

Sound Good?

Edit: Just to make 100% sure that nobody is singled out for any reason (other than me really), I'll keep the votes confidential. If you don't want to elaborate on why or why not, A simple Yes or No will do.

Edited by Aigloblam

Talking Sentinels are ok. Like i said, they just bend Canon, not break it. And if done right ( see Jeahanne for PERFECT example) they can be a lot of fun. I was thinking about giving one of mine a personality of sorts...Not words as such, but definitely not your average follow-me-dont-get-killed stuff that normal sentinels do all the time.

I agree. I know Jrogar is SOMEWHAT canon breaking, but not as much as the time travel or Rule 3. THAT was a bit much...

Jrogar could be real with the new faction soon, having been in Cryo for centuries, but luck may have it that the Gyroog are the new faction. He is like a crack in the canon, not the Crater that the time travel was.

-snip-

Sound Good?

All VERY good points.

Time travel in my fanfictions happened once. (If it did at all and wasn't some odd dream. I am still not sure about that and I wrote it.) But it opens all KINDS of cans of worms. I did it on SWTOR for my fanfictions there and OMG the HEADACHES! Don't guys... Please... spare your brains the strain. I am not kidding... You don't NEED it to tell a good story. And if you are travelling into the future and not coming back? Hey! Tenno DID that when they went into cryo.

Any ultra-tech is within reason for Orokin/Tenno as long as it isn't TOO over the top

Romance is HARD to write and not have it turn into things that would get deleted or have the writer banned. I have done it, but it was VERY hard. Pregnancy is not something I spend a great deal of time on. It's a sidelight, an important one, but not integral to my stories. And I DO try to keep it clean!

As for PvP? I have written brother fighting brother/sister fighting sister. I can write it. I don't ENJOY it in games for the most part, so I don't enjoy writing it that much for the games I do not enjoy it in.

Pvp......ive played games that are only pvp and enjoyed it so i have the need info to write it if i wanted to but, i have no need at the moment to write pvp and well, which one of my character is going to duel someone? the foundry master?!? pfft

Edited by QuinnsWing

Well... I think Dakkacube(DETH) has a wonderful personality and no problems with him being sentient. :3

As long as it is believable and not a MINATURE DEATH STAR OF DOOM packed into that small cube....

Um... wait...

Ah... Hmm.

Forget I said anything.

Edited by Kalenath

As for PvP? I have written brother fighting brother/sister fighting sister. I can write it. I don't ENJOY it in games for the most part, so I don't enjoy writing it that much for the games I do not enjoy it in.

Im pretty much the same way. PvP sets up a whole new dimension for people to be douchewaffles to each other. But here theres really only two scenarios. One is that you write the story, and just post it to whoevers characters are in it. 99% of the time they will either be totally fine with it, Or suggest something that might make it even better. Or the Second, when they are both your characters, in which case, Anything goes, of course.

I've said from the first day i learned about Conclave, that its a horrible idea and that Dueling should have never left the dojo. In a friendly match between clan mates, wonderful, and a decent teaching tool. But open PvP is nothing but trouble.

Im pretty much the same way. PvP sets up a whole new dimension for people to be douchewaffles to each other. But here theres really only two scenarios. One is that you write the story, and just post it to whoevers characters are in it. 99% of the time they will either be totally fine with it, Or suggest something that might make it even better. Or the Second, when they are both your characters, in which case, Anything goes, of course.

I've said from the first day i learned about Conclave, that its a horrible idea and that Dueling should have never left the dojo. In a friendly match between clan mates, wonderful, and a decent teaching tool. But open PvP is nothing but trouble.

PvP CAN be good. IF the game is designed for it, has planned for it, and has made allowances for it.

Shoehorning PvP into a game expressly designed for PvE is usually a recipe for disaster. DE has done FAR better than I had anticipated in keeping it somewhat reasonable. And... frankly... Duels were THE primary teaching tool for old style martial arts.

But step onto a training floor against a 4th dan master of Kendo with the attitude of some of the PvPers I have met? You gonna get HURT!

Edited by Kalenath

Aigloblam...y u no care about my comment on da rulez?

Because im typing in 4 different private messages and have three tabs open....all with this thread in them, typing to different people.

Even at 90+ words per minute, its a lot of work :)

And specifically for your comment: I honestly think that anything that isnt actually a Tenno may be a bit too far. Sentinels are ok, because they are sort of minor characters that dont tend to do a lot on their own, but i think it would be a good idea to limit ourselves to things that are actually in the game, at this time.