The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Archive] Of Ash And Fire - Original Thread

SirNerdsAlot5

Generally used my great love of videogames on the PC to de-stress myself. Helped that it was one of the few places I had managed to make friends with common ground, and we all knew how to lift each others spirits, either through choice of game or some good British humour. Stiff upper lip.

Suppose it also helped that I was often decent at most games I picked up... a group of us going and clearing a server of 'top rank' players and 'l33t' guys always did clear me up again. 

I personally don't see error in having the odd creature get found - I've toyed on the idea of my characters old, pre-collapse clan, having animals from the area they looked after.

(Don't know how many of you know warhammer40K, but think of the space wolves and their... wolves. Or a people inhabiting a wild world and sort of... making peace with the scary animals.)

One must assume that at least some of the solar systems wildlife survived, and that where people survived, domestic animals/pets did so too.

Better take it up with the 'stricter' lore guidliners. *Cue Aiglo* 

FINALLY caught up! Jeez, I go for a week long vacation with the family, and suddenly you guys are updating faster than I can read! And I'm the kind of person who can read an entire paragraph at a glance. ( That's always been a weird skill of mine, for as far back as I can remember.)

Anyway, I'm planning something with X, Loki, and Anya that may become big, maybe not. But I think I'll wait till the whole rescue mission settles down first. Still gotta write most of it down anyway. Great writing everyone! Hope to see more!

Gor Dei held the runic Galatine casually, in one hand. He grinned, a uniquely cruel grin Morlan had only ever seen in a few of the most degenerate Tenno, those who were egotistical, those who preyed on other Tenno, and who valued money over their brethren and honor. Morlan saw for instant the face of his brother, someone he felt was beyond hate, who had moved into the realm of pity.

Morlan charged forward, spinning his Hate in a pattern that allowed for instantaneous switching between offense and defense. He ducked a clumsy swing from Gor, grimacing behind his mask. He would not fight this sword. The sword was familiar, it’s owner, a friend.

Scythe and sword connected repeatedly, Gor proving a skilled adversary. But Morlan was an Ash, and a Hunter. Blades were his friends, his tools, his trade. And in the hand of an expert were far more versatile and deadly than one might think. He fell into a defensive stance, and prepared for Gor’s next attack.

Gor’s next attack’s, while powerful and somewhat thought out, were still predictable. Morlan caught the Galatine in the crook of his scythe, sharply twisting his wicked weapon to wrench the blade from Gor’s hands. Morlan had perfected this technique, but had never used it against a foe with as much strength as Gor Dei, save for a few Rhino’s who knew how to enter the Berserker’s trance.

Because of Gor’s strength, his grip on the Galatine was not lost, but his attack power disabled for a moment. “One moment, that is enough” Morlan narrowed his eyes, smiling behind his mask  at Gor. He let go of his scythe with his right hand, and lowered it to his side. When it came back up, it held a Wraith Viper. Gor’s eye’s widened a split second before Morlan emptied the Viper’s clip into Dei’s head.

Both combatants fell together, with Morlan panting. Exhausted as he was, he had to find that data. “Peek,” he gasped, opening the comms, “ Get here as fast as you can.”

Edited by MandoKarla