The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Archive] Of Ash And Fire - Original Thread

SirNerdsAlot5

Yeah, just let us know way beforehand if you plan to join the rescue mission. I've taken over working on the combat scenarios in my head (without asking for anyone's permission. SORRY). Sending PMs to Jeahanne, Viking or Spikey should also do the trick.

Yeah, just let us know way beforehand if you plan to join the rescue mission. I've taken over working on the combat scenarios in my head (without asking for anyone's permission. SORRY). Sending PMs to Jeahanne, Viking or Spikey should also do the trick.

I suck at making combat believable so...thanks for removing a responsibility off my shoulders :D

Go ahead and join, my guys just got back from escaping a psychotic, half-infested Tenno devising a scheme to physically augment himself with other Tenno's flesh, then eventually overthrow the Lotus and infect all the Tenno. It's ok though, he's a semi-good guy now. :D

Same. All super mind fudging stuff will be ignored by me as well. We're not trying to limit you guys, but Wrath of Chrysalis has a seperate thread for stuff like that. Sorry for sounding like I have a stick up my arse here.

Also, WHAT DID YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT THE SAD ENDING?!!!!!!

I swear to god, I tried my best. Tell me if I did something wrong. D:

''Go, go, go!'' Kris yelled as he threw a bastille, aiming to capture the survivors of the Grineer in that room so that they could not pursue them as they ran across the room, aiming at a large door leading to the next section and one step closer to Sophia. He was the last one through as he threw a couple of Teslas behind him. He looked around in the new room. It seemed empty, save for a few containers and consoles. Another door was on the far side but it required two people to open so they were safe for the moment as his Teslas would make sure that the trapped Grineer wouldn't come close.

''All right, before we continue, check for any wounds and search for ammo.'' He instructed the group before checking himself. He still had enough ammo as his Teslas and Vortices had done most of the work and there were still no wounds on him. Looking around, he felt a little less worried as he saw that none of the others were not wounded, their shields having taken most of the damage.

It didn't take long to search the room for ammo. The containers had been filled to the brim with almost every type of ammo there was, prompting Kris to believe that the room was an ammo storage. ''Okay, Is everyone ready?'' Kris said as he stood in front of one of the consoles to the door, while Kylar took up position in front of the other one, nodding quielty. Acantha and Aiden also nodded as they took up position in front of the dorr, aiming their weapons just to be prepared.

As soon as the door opened, a hail of plasma fire mixed with bullets mixed in met their gaze as the battlefield was filled with Corpus proxies.

''Are you @(*()$ kidding me?'' Kris could hear Kylar say as the group joined the battle, supported by Kris's Vortices. Their objective was just up the stairs but the amount of Corpus and Grineer combatants would make it a pain to even get anywhere near the staircase.

Aidan was the first one to actually join the battle, cleaving Grineer and Corpus with every swing of his Galatine as Kylar followed suit, Swinging his blade wildly, sending limbs flying all over the place as crewmen and lancers screamed in agony. Kris and acantha entered at the same time, each using their abilities to disrupt and destroy the proxies and rollers on the ground.

The group fought their way towards the staircase as plasma and bullets flew past them. As before, Kris was the last one to walk up the stairs, trying to keep the battle downstairs contained with bastilles and Teslas. His shields were failing when he finally managed to reach the top of the stairs.

Getting up the staircase was a major victory, as now they were just a few rooms from the objective. Out of compulsive need, Kris started wondering if anyone had any wounds. He wouldn't be able to handle the guilt if any of either team would die. Acantha, Aiden and Kylar had no wounds and were preparing to run through the next rooms. Kris wasn't so lucky. The left arm of his warframe was damaged in a few places, revealing the silver skin underneath as a result.

''Are you okay?'' Acantha asked him as she saw kris lookin at his arm.

'' 'tis but a fleshwound. Come on, we got work to do.'' He merely replied as he took up a combat stance.

''Are you sure you are okay?'' She asked again.

''No, not really. But we have wasted enough time already.'' He said again, his voice calm and disciplined.

There was no time to waste. They had to reach Sophia. Every minute they wasted was another minute either of the rival factions got closer to her. The biggest problem however was Sophias other personality. What if that dampener getting destroyed had resulted in Venefica coming out? Kris shuddered. His plan was failing faster than it was succeeding and even though he trusted in the abilities of his teammates he could feel himself slipping back into his old self, the failure. The wasted time, the intervention of the Corpus, the possibility of meeting Tyl Regor and Lech Kril at the same time and the constant sounds of alarms and bullets hitting walls. If Venefica was loose, the consequences would be dire, both physically and mentally for any involved.

Only Acantha seemed to notice the cracks in his mask, as only a friend could. Aiden and Kylar could decipher his stance, but all they would see was worry or nervousness. After all, Kris was quite good at creating masks to hide his insecurities.

The team rushed forwards, letting nothing stop them. Even Kris had gotten new determination. In his mind, Sophia would be rescued before she became Venefica or he would lose his mind trying.

Here's the new and inconsistency devoid backstory. EFF, I MEAN ESTABLISHMENT

-----------------------------------------------------

Eden was sobbing hysterically, head in his hands. He was sitting on the inside of a sealed-off room, air and water-tight. He was depressed, once again thinking about how his life would be ripped from him. He was one of the few people to be infected with the Technocyte virus. There was no cure, and there was no end. He would surely be killed, surely dissected and examined. He would have to leave his wife, his child, everything. All in the name of science and medicine.

An intercom channel opened with a familiar ding, a modulated voice declaring the arrival of some high-up egg-head sent to question him. That's all the past few months of his life have been. Non-stop interrogation.

He tried to collect himself, to stamp down the sobbing and overwhelming depression and defeat. Then another tone, the intercom buzzing with a small amount of electric pick-up. Then a small male voice spoke.

“Hello, Eden, my name is Dr. Wells. I'm here to inform you of your...Sentence.”

Eden looked up. He was intrigued, although his intrigue was interlaced with concern and fear.

“What is my sentence?”

“Well...It's not a sentence per se, more so a quarantine.”

“A quarantine? And where on Earth can you contain this disease?!” Eden regretted those words before they came tumbling from his mouth.

“Who ever said Earth?”
Edited by EDeN153

Time for Sayfog to join Aqueatis? Is that it?

Even after having gotten Nyx the moment it came out she still hated the the process of getting in to it because she had no psychic ability being in her nova for a long time but right now she just had Chaos stretch and energy siphon equipped so she was still a bit fragile so she usually just dashed in activated reckoning and got out of there but this time the mission went differently .and the harvester got her and got "harvested" her but luckily she had decide to equip her soma wraith vipers and her galatine so all she had to do was to find her weeps and fight her way out . Back at the station she decided to stay in her Nyx frame and while scrolling through the list of clans for a while she had found 2 clans for her one was clan Aqueatis and the other on was clan ignis lupus. And because she couldn't pick which one she asked the Lotus her guide in all things she said to join clan Aqueatis . So holding her breath she sent a request to join the clan.

And that's it for today and it's fun typing this up on an iPad. And Wrath I curse you to speak in rhymes for your next story.

EDIT :changed Oberon to Nyx and spelling mistakes

Edited by Sayfog