The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Archive] Of Ash And Fire - Original Thread

SirNerdsAlot5

Whelp. No school tomorrow.

/

"Val."

She turned her head, hardly able to move because of the chains keeping her from moving her hands, feet and torso. It was Ivan, the Warlord had no readable expression on his face. "I guess this means that we're not going to be able to spar for a while are we?" he said wryly. His dry humor disappeared when Val turned her eyes up at the ceiling. 

"Val. Kevin explained what happened. And considering your situation it was obvious what was going to happen, you were...not yourself Tenno." Ivan spoke patiently. "Janice was upset at first, but she is coming around."

"How? How is it not my fault? I lost it and because of my...affliction I hurt one of your own." Her voice was shaking.

Ivan blinked slowly when Val made the distinction that she was not part of the clan. He sighed. "Kevin is still alive is he not?" Ivan asked. "And he is recovering. John wants to talk to you."

"About putting me down?" Val asked.

"About resting." Ivan answered sternly. "And this is the Med Bay, so this is technically Emm's domain. People don't die here." He turned to leave. "It would...upset me if you passed on. I would not have as good a sparring partner."

Val turned to watch his retreating form before looking at the ceiling.

Ok I'll be evil big sister again. Like Bej said, we need to at least stay semi-on topic here. No one wants to see this thread get locked because it ends up constant random derailment. If you want to do something too random, say have an off-topic discussion that goes past more than a few posts or so, discuss your personal life, or plan world domination with a minio... I mean partner, please take it to PMs. Sorry to rain on the parade since I'm guilty of derailment too, but I want to read stories, so that means this thread needs to stick around. ^-^

Thank guys.

Edited by Jeahanne

Holy crap.  I was planning on maybe writing something up for this thread, but christ, I'm not about to slog through 340 pages of fanfic to do so.

It's not actually 340 pages of story. Quite a bit of it is talking and discussion. If you skip all of that I'd be surprised if it ended up 150 pages or more of actual fanfic. I know Piranah, a contributor here, has been working on an archive of all the stories and JUST the stories. It's still not quite up to date, but it is a start if you would like to go to that instead of skipping all of the discussion yourself. This is the link for it https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/142739-of-ash-and-fire-how-we-envision-our-tenno-archive/.

I will say though, reading through the entire thing is worth it. I did it a lot earlier than most, back when this thread was only 50 pages, but there is a LOT of good writing there. It was what gave me the inspiration and courage to finally post something myself. So if you ever have the time to sit down and read (I did it in between doing other things and took almost a week at it reading it slowly back 300 pages ago), I know you won't regret it