The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Archive] Of Ash And Fire - Original Thread

SirNerdsAlot5

lol and Yes Ghost would know it but the point would is that Ghost respects Idhren enough as a person not to root through her thoughts without permission and that something like that always means more when said out loud.

So she will go through everyone else's thoughts as she pleases? *uselessly defends thoughts* I have personal things in there D:

Got the character just about right. I wouldn't have had him talk, but the story still turned out good I'd say! Also, should anyone want to try and peel off his helmet/armor (medical reasons, mostly) please toss me a PM first so I can say what he looks like. I'll respond when I can get online.

The Voices tried to stop him.

He pulled the trigger 5 times, aiming towards the Light. Only feeling the recoil of one of the 5 shots fired, the Nekros lowered his weapon and stepped forward. The Light was not extinguished, seemingly impervious to his assault. His fury replaced by mystery, he stepped towards the Light, his deaf ears clueless to the voices of the Tenno.

"The brightest of them all." His voice was haggard, hoarse and pathetically weak, and his throat felt at it had torn by the time he finished his sentence.

The Voices quickly took advantage of this and seized their opportunity to stop him from doing any harm to himself or others, and dragged him into unconsciousness. He didn't even feel his body drop to the floor, limp as a wet noodle.

The Nekros, formerly known as Servo, stood in the center of an empty room. Cracks adorned the walls, threatening to widen, grow, and shatter the entirety of it. And surrounding him, a ring of dozens of Tenno, all in seiza, all facing towards him. All were silhouettes, white smoke gently rising from their bodies. And they all spoke with one Voice.

"You have been wronged."

It was not a question.

"You have been tortured. Humiliated. Destroyed. Shoddily rebuilt. You have been blinded. Deafened. Jaded. And you have taken vengeance on your torturers."

"Now, listen."

"You've shown me who I am, Shades, but what am I?" The Nekros tentatively questioned. "You've explained what you are, but who are you?"

"You decide the answer to the first, Servos. As for the second...."

One Tenno stood from seiza, regaining color. A Nyx, with white armor, blue trim and cyan shoulders. "I am Mother."

Then, as if on queue, the rest all stood and regained their color. "We are Brothers. We are Sisters. Saved from Corpus. Saved from Grineer. Saved from Infestation. Saved by you."

The last of them then rose from the floor, and as he did, all others returned to seiza. He wore a Rhino. Black plating covered most of its body, but in the joints and trim a molten, glowing gold flowed. "I am Father."

He returned to seiza, and the Voice returned. "Your allies will require aid. Can you aid them?"

"Will you be my ears?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Nekros stirred, battle raging around him as he lay limply above one of the Different Lights. "Kin," the Voices told him. He tried to speak to the Tenno who held him, but only blood exited his throat, so he sent a close-range text communication, hoping the Tenno carrying him would be able to read it.

Put me down. A Brother is in need.

Don't worry, he's still REALLY messed up in the mind.... Right now it's mostly his self-preservation.I hope you guys have some damn good therapists.

Hope I didn't inadvertently mess up any combat scenes :D

Edited by fishworshipper

Okay, not the best I've made, but here I go.

Spikey, check your PM's, please

As his map updated with the coordinates, Galen switched on invisibility and took off on a run.

He hacked into enemy communications and heard panicked talk about a Tenno invasion force.

"Sounds like they're working hard, keeping clones and blockheads busy." he thought.

"Might not be long till someone reaches this captive, I'd better hurry."

Turning a corner, he saw a large, organised Grineer force approach.

Consisting of 3 commanders, 21 marines, 6 napalms, 6 bombards and 3 heavy gunners, they could give the other Tenno a good amount of trouble.

Raising his hand to a small pouch near his left shoulder, he took out 6 darts, and passed 3 to his other hand.

Taking careful aim, he threw darts at the commanders and 3 of the bombards. Every dart hit.

He decloaked, shouted "kill all Grineer" and vanished again.

Most kept their guns pointed at the corner, ready to shoot anyone who came past it.

Those hit with a dart however, took aim at the rest of the group.

They had no choice but to follow every order given to them until death, which the poison would deliver in 15 minutes.

Satisfied that this group would either be killed off or heavily wounded, he went up into the ventilation shafts.

After multiple minutes of running around up, down, left and right, he got near the coordinates where Sophia should be.

He got near the indicated location when dozens of guns drew his attention. He looked down through a vent.

There was a Nyx, walking to a line of Grineer, before they all died horribly.

Was she... singing?

"Damn" he thought. "Seen a lot of crazy things, but this one's high up on the scale."

There could only be one possible option. She got free. And was now slaughtering everything that moved.

Deciding to do what he came here for, he made sure once again that his guns were loaded.

Kicking down the vent, he jumped down, Latron Prime in hand.

"So, you're the one who got captured?"

"Yes. I'm free now and taking revenge."

"Ah, nice. What's your name?"

"Sophia."

"Okay, There's a rescue team here, trying to get you out. Name's Galen, I was send on to keep you safe untill the rest arrived."

"As you can see, I'm able to get out of here myself."

"Don't care, to be honest. Got a job to keep you safe, so I'll be staying with you till we reach the rest."

Giving it some thought, she responded with "don't get in my way.".

"Sure, whatever you say. So, you wanna get out of here? Exit's this way."

They went down the hall, following the path that should lead to the rescue team and the ship.

Galen opened comms, checked the last connected frequincies and selected the one belonging to Acantha.

"You there?"

"I'm here, what's up?"

"Got Sophia, we're moving in your direction. I'll put a marker on myself so you can see our direction and distance."

"Great. We might have trouble. A Nekros just appeared out of nowwhere, cut through half of our opposition and took a shot at us."

"Anyone hurt?"

"No, the blast got deflected. He walked up to us and fell unconscious. We're taking him with us now."

"...Where are you now?

"I'll send you our coordinates."

"Okay, we're on the move."

Turning to face Sophia, he told her what he knew.

"Rescue team's been shot at by a Nekros, he fell to the floor, now they're dragging him along.

Seeing how I don't trust this at all and want him within rifle range as soon as possible and your power might come in handy should he try something, how about we start running?"

And they took off on a run rowards the coordinates Acantha supplied.

So goddamn angry right now. Some elite dipsh1t just made fun of my accent on my YouTube video and started saying that I'm misleading a lot of people with my build guide. I feel like I've got the Blind Rage mod equipped in real life.

There is noting elite about someone who makes fun of someone else's build. That just makes them a worthless prick who is most likely jealous that you have a build that works. Or they suck at the game, so they spend their time demeaning people who play the game. Don't react violently, think before responding (if you plan on responding) with a clearer head, you don't run the risk of saying something you didn't mean or saying something odd because you were angry.

I remember some elite dipsh1t told me that i'm only killing level 10 enemies because i'm not using a crit build on my Dual Ichors. I explained to him that i have a max pressure point, near maxed fury, and the appropriate mods tailored to each faction. He still didn't listen, so i just dismissed him and he stopped talking.

Don't get mad, get Glad!