The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Archive] Of Ash And Fire - Original Thread

SirNerdsAlot5

*rollllllssssss into the thread*

Yes I'm rollin' rollin' rollin'

Yes I'm rollin' with my homies

Yes I'm rollin' rollin' rollin',

Rollin' with my homies... ooohhh....

(I realize many of you will be totally clueless....this is for the people old enough to remember Coolio) lol

Kris fought the stalker a few stories before the Zerk event. He lost an eye...but chased the stalker away.

Edit: There have also been 2 Stalker deaths in this thread, so I am okay if this one dies.

Whoa, didn't know that. SO does Kris only have one eye, or did he get a prosthetic?

Before I go on to bend canon, just a question.

Was the whole Berserker thing acceptable? Like going apesh!t and then becoming normal again? I'm talking about the mental state of the Tenno. Since the lore doesn't provide any information as to how their minds work, would I be free to do something rather different?

Before I go on to bend canon, just a question.

Was the whole Berserker thing acceptable? Like going apesh!t and then becoming normal again? I'm talking about the mental state of the Tenno. Since the lore doesn't provide any information as to how their minds work, would I be free to do something rather different?

Considering everyone went along with it, then I guess it was. Besides, it was just a combined case of light D.I.D, PTSD, and a temporary mania combined with a Tenno, having more than the usual amount of technocyte changes to his physiology, including the brain, very well treatable by either a good psychologist or a chance to go through it and facing it, combating it with some help. Kris fought it through months of isolation and discovering who he really was deep down, what kind of person he was, looking past every mental barrier that he had made in his life. 

I think that sums up our reasons for it to stay....

Also, Tenno are essentially humans (apart from the whole Orokin, Void and Warframe thing) so mental afflictions should be possible to them.

Edited by Pyjamalama

Let me say this... Berserker WAS NOT well accepted, especially when things started going absolutely nuts.

I won't name names about the people who didn't like idea, but I will admit that I was one of the people who had strong reservations about it (ok, by the end of it I was raging to anyone who would listen, I'd gone WAY past just having strong reservations). Berserker, to me, was cannon breaking, not because of his mental state, but because he was "unstoppable". In the end it turned into what felt like a contest between whose character was more powerful and broke ALL SORTS of limits. It quite nearly killed Khi's character off (ruined his warframe too, and also temporarily blinded him, and made him unable to possibly ever use a Volt frame again), &!$$ed a LOT of people off, and ended up exiling Kris.

Berskerer himself was an alternate personality that managed to take out an entire dojo and was "unkillable" WITHOUT A WARFRAME. In the end, it felt to me like that battle turned into the kind of pretend game of superheros that 5 year olds have: "You can't kill my superhero because he's got *insert new random all-laws-of-physics-breaking-power here*". Hell, I know AIglo's character stuck a Galatine through zerker and he basically flexed his pectoral muscles and broke it in two. IF SOMEONE WRITES A NEW BERSERKER, who just randomly invents powers without limits and goes Godmode like that again I WILL BE &!$$ED.

That said. The psychological problems with Kris/Berserker there weren't the issue. It was all the powers and batS#&$ craziness that went along with him. If you want to write a character with mental problems there isn't anything wrong with that, but he can't be immortal-superman-in-Godmode either.

Edited by Jeahanne

Let me say this... Berserker WAS NOT well accepted, especially when things started going absolutely nuts.

I won't name names about the people who didn't like idea, but I will admit that I was one of the people who had strong reservations about it (ok, by the end of it I was raging to anyone who would listen, I'd gone WAY past just having strong reservations). Berserker, to me, was cannon breaking, not because of his mental state, but because he was "unstoppable". In the end it turned into what felt like a contest between whose character was more powerful and broke ALL SORTS of limits. It quite nearly killed Khi's character off (ruined his warframe too, and also temporarily blinded him, and made him unable to possibly ever use a Volt frame again), &!$$ed a LOT of people off, and ended up exiling Kris.

Berskerer himself was an alternate personality that managed to take out an entire dojo and was "unkillable" WITHOUT A WARFRAME. In the end, it felt to me like that battle turned into the kind of pretend game of superheros that 5 year olds have: "You can't kill my superhero because he's got *insert new random all-laws-of-physics-breaking-power here*". Hell, I know AIglo's character stuck a Galatine through zerker and he basically flexed his pectoral muscles and broke it in two. IF SOMEONE WRITES A NEW BERSERKER, who just randomly invents powers without limits and goes Godmode like that again I WILL BE &!$$ED.

That said. The psychological problems with Kris/Berserker there weren't the issue. It was all the powers and batS#&$ craziness that went along with him. If you want to write a character with mental problems there isn't anything wrong with that, but he can't be immortal-superman-in-Godmode either.

I place all the fault on me. I really didn't think Berserker through, and it kind of ruined everything. I am still sorry about that. I should have just had him defeated easily instead of making him so ridiculously OP. It was the main reason I actually mean to, well, kill Kris off. Just so that I can start anew and with a better though out character.

So, Jeahanne, If you want to rage at me for that again, just send me a PM. 

In an attempt to keep the mood light. Superman IS God. He has a move called the "Infinite Mass Punch" for God sake's

The Berserker thing interested me at first but then worried me. Zerk was basically Senator armstrong without nanomachines. Couldn't be hurt, damn hard to kill, and damn near unstoppable. Getting stabbed with the world's largest sword didn't even phase him. He was throwing Rhino's around like toys. And took repeated attacks from a very dangerous Volt, shrugged it off, and nearly killed him. It took everyone to even get him to stay fuckin still. In the end Kris stopped himself, but still. That S#&$ was batS#&$ insane and something like that should never be written into the warframe universe. Made-up or not, EVER again.

My two-cents

I don't mean to rage... and I don't mean to bash on Kris either because I think, as a character, he's become very good. I mean, I never expected him to be "easily" taken out in the dojo either. But I do want people to understand that the reason I and others had issues with those stories about him going rogue in the dojo was simply because they weren't limited by ANYTHING, even logic.

Every character, even Ajkrumen, even KHIMERA, who in the end was who stopped Berserker, weren't and aren't invulnerable. I just don't want people looking at the Berserker stories and going "well they went along with THAT so now I can do that too". Berserker was a learning experience for all of us, and I think the biggest lesson we all learned was that all of our characters have to have limits, because by having those limits it invites other people to help and work with us and the characters we create. If all of our characters were Berserker equivalents we wouldn't have a need to collaborate would we?

Edited by Jeahanne

I still feel like an A****** for that whole berserker thing. I should have never written it. Even though it was a learning experience for everyone, It was still a stupid mistake made by me. therefore, I take all the blame, none of you can be blamed for simply following it. 

Edited by FatViking