The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Archive] Of Ash And Fire - Original Thread

SirNerdsAlot5

Be awake soon? I havnt went to sleep yet. But don't tell Jea....she will beat me over the head with something large and heavy. Which compared to her, could be anything: Large Bricks, TVs, Beju....

Hey, it would get you to sleep wouldn't it? I'm just trying to help *looks innocent*

Anyway, I won't be on a chat for awhile. If it's ok with the others, I'm going to try to at least get a story getting team one to Sophia started today, which will likely take me awhile. It should at least get our newest addition, our Nekros friend, worked in somehow, and I know fish has been waiting on that. If this is going to conflict with anything anyone else is working on please tell me and I'll hold off on working on anything.

Also! Great story Spikey!! I don't know if it's just me but I think the second draft came out even better than the first, and the first draft was great to begin with. ^-^

So, we have Craven, Jea & Vik scribbling at Team1/Sophia+Galen stuff, right?

Guess I should hold back a little, see what happens & then keep team2 going...

I am not working on Team 1 stuff...

I am working on something that just popped into my mind and won't leave.

While putting holes into heads and chests of incoming Grineer, Galen thought about what happened.
This figure was coming in soon and he didn't sound in a good mood.
Taking note of his supplies, location and situation, he started thinking on his options.
"Try me and you die? Who was that aimed at?"

"Not sure, heard a name shouted but don't know for sure if it's him. The name Kylar means anything to you?"
"Yes, he's my brother. Did something happen to him?"
Brother? Good to know, he thought. The start of an emergency plan took hold in his mind. "No. At least, not yet." he said.
"What? What do you mean?"

"I told them what you wanted me to. He started screaming. Told him to calm down.
Just a scratch on your armour, and there's nowhere in the system I'm safe, according to him.
Consider this a warning, it's more than most people get. When he gets here, you better reign him in fast. He tries to act on that threat, I'll defend myself.
If neccesary, that means any encounter between him and me can easily end as a funeral. And it won't be mine."

Galen saw shock written on Sophia's face as he said it.
Until he could put his back to a wall with nobody behind him, he decided that caution would be best.
Especially when a potential threat's family sat behind him.
There was no way to know if or how she'd interfere, or on which side. He assumed it wouln't be on his.

Sophia had watched him shoot and move for a couple minutes now. She saw the changes.
At first, when he had to reload his rifle, Galen turned sideways to present a smaller target while still keeping his eyes on the hallway.
Now, she saw him turn further, so he could keep an eye on her too.
She saw him lower his rifle further then before while reloading, keeping his hands closer to his loaded Wraith Vipers. She saw a small change in his shooting stance, allowing him to easily point the gun at her.

After a minute or so of further shooting, she spoke.
"So, now that you know Kylar and me are family, you don't trust me anymore? I saw the changes in how you move since I told you."
"In my line of work, you don't trust anyone or you don't live long. I don't have problems with you, but I might have problems with him. It's caution, nothing personal against you."
"I'll do what I can to calm him down."

No response came from Galen.
Sophia had noticed the dart pouch on his left shoulder and another on his lower back.
She couldn't help but think it might be best not to be hit by any of those darts.
Apart from the steady shots of the rifle, they sat in silence, waiting for the rescue team to arrive.

Edited by Craven287

fish, I'm also responsible for the canon stuff. Route your barrage of questions to me. She must be busy with University and life in general. And Nyght, just work on it, and then PM your draft to everyone. Everyone's waiting for everyone, and that's holding up the mission. Nyght's fight shouldn't bodge up the rest of the mission.