Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help building a few things

DageWasTaken

Question

I'm currently transitioning into strongest enemies. I need help from fellow Tenno to transition into a more late game-ish kind of build.

I need help modding Nezha, Ash Prime, and Frost Prime. (I was working on Chroma, but he's crazy hard to build)

As well as my main weapons; Nikana Prime, Dread and Sonicor.

Lastly, I have Karyst with Covert Lethality whenever I use Ash (with Fatal Teleport augment), should I fully mod the Karyst or is Covert lethality all I need? If I do need to build it up, how should I build it to fully fit into the Fatal Covert Lethality combo.

Thanks fellow Tenno! Happy Holidays! 

5 answers to this question

Well i for one dont really use Nezha much if at all and my Ash is in the same boat but i can speak for a Frost build confidently. Of Course its all up to you for how you want to go about it but ill throw in my two cents as a mastery rank 20 tenno.

Frost is best modded to utilize his defencive capabilities. You will almost always see Frost used in any defence mission and thats because hes real good at holding positions. So with that in mind you would want to build him towards getting the most out of his 3 "Snow globe". Ill list off the mods im using and the reason why i'm using them. This is in no way the only way to play frost, but this setup has done me quite well in Sorties and kuva siphon/Flood missions.

Aura slot mod choice will vary depending on what the team is made up of but in an ideal world everyone on your squad will be using "corrosive projection" or " Energy syphon".
~
Primed flow: Standard on all warframes excluding specific builds or playstyles but for our case we want a good buffer of energy to use should we want to cast afew extra snow globes.
Stretch: This mod will make your snow globes range big enough so that it will cover an area wide enough to allow you and your fellow team mates to stay safe from explosives hitting the globe itself from enemies like bombards.
Vitality: Besides giving you more survivability, it also effects the total effective health your snow globe has; essentially making it stronger and last longer under heavy fire.
Steel Fibre: Just like vitality, it will add to your already tanky self as well as increase the overall effective health your snow globe has.
Chilling Globe: This augment isn't a must but it will save your life when enemies find their way into your snow globe. By freezing them stiff for a few seconds, you buy yourself more time to deal with the threats to you or your allies inside the globe itself.
Transient Fortitude: Similar to vitality and steel fibre. This will add more effective health to your snow globe but in addition it will help with giving more damage to your other abilities too. Also, duration isn't required on this frost build so the sacrifice is worth it.
Intensify: Just adds more effective health to the snow globe as well as more damage to your abilities just like transient fortitude. but with no downsides.
Fleeting Expertise: Efficiency is always a nice thing to have, as duration is not something we need to worry about on a defencive snow globe setup there is no reason to not use it. Reducing the cost from 50 energy per cast to 20 with a rank 5 fleeting expertise.

Note: I would highly recommend to prevent eye bleeding colors, using the far bottom left shade of black in the "smoke colors" tab in appearances as your energy color. Tenno with low settings will greatly appreciate it! It will hide all the snowy particle effects inside the snow globe so you can see perfectly fine from within.

Edited by zattez
Happy holidays! ~ added note regarding energy color

3 hours ago, DageWasTaken said:

I need help modding Nezha, Ash Prime, and Frost Prime. (I was working on Chroma, but he's crazy hard to build)

As well as my main weapons; Nikana Prime, Dread and Sonicor.

Rather than give my full builds on all this stuff, lets kind of take a more meta approach to your question of how to mod stuff.  Basically all modding is either enhancing the strengths of a thing or perhaps minimizing a weakness.  The latter applies more to weapons than frames though (ie an ammo mutation mod on an ammo hog).

To give you an example lets look specifically at Chroma.  What is good about him?  Well he's pretty tanky with lots of armor.  That means an armor mod like steel fiber or armored agility will have a big impact on him.  His health, shields and energy pool are all nothing great (but not bad either) so you maybe get less impact from mods in those areas.  I'd still run vitality though!  Hard to tank with low health.

For powers his first is weak, just throw it out of consideration.  His second and third are very powerful and pair well.  Both greatly benefit from power strength and power duration while range is not important.  His fourth is interesting and has it uses but to be honest I don't use it that much.  To me its more of a niche credit farming build that uses Effigy any more than once in a while.  A power I use once in a while isn't something I weigh heavily in my build choices.

All that adds up to I pile on duration and strength mods while being conscious of any negative effects from corrupted mods.  Transient fortitude is great for your strength but bad for duration for example.  You can still use the mod (and I do) but do so looking at the whole end result.

After your survival mods (health, armor) and power mods (strength, duration) how many slots are you left with if any?  In those you've got a handful of QoL mods to consider and these will be a lot of personal preference.  Things like rage, rush, handspring, drift mods, etc.  Power efficiency is always good.

Finally the most important thing is to play with your builds and try different things.  If something isn't working well enough look at what you can change to make it better.

8ynWlEd.jpg

My Ash build. Swap Constitution for Streamline. I use Arcanes for energy.

LhobSDb.jpg

I have like 4 Frost builds but I guess this is the one I use most.

6acm1rW.jpg

Chroma is pretty simple once you know how his abilities function. Remove Blind Rage if you don't have Zenurik Focus Passive.

ukVZeb6.jpg

This is my Nezha build, it might be out of date though. I hardly play him.

I don't use Ash or Chroma much so I can't really recommend a build for them.  Nezha I have a general build (all positive) that works well even on sortie level missions.  For Nezha to reach his full potential, you will need to use all of his powers and a general build works the best for that.  Of course you can make changes to adjust your play style, but start with an all positive build first.  I love his Warding Halo augment Safeguard and I've saved numerous people with that ability.  Sometimes I swap Safeguard out for Armored Agility or Rush if I'm certain I don't need to cast Warding Halo on other people. I notice Xzorn's Nezha build tanks strength.  I'm pretty sure he's going for crowd control, judging by the 235% range, but unless you're just going to spam Divine Spears, I wouldn't use that build because all of his powers, including Warding Halo's health, benefit from Strength.  If you're interested in crowd control aspect of Nezha, all of his abilities have that so another reason why you should use all of his powers and keep things positive.

As for Frost, he's another frame whose abilities are all viable and useful.  Again, I would start with a general build, and make modifications based on which ability you use the most and what you want Frost to do (defense, crowd control/armor stripping, or damage).  Depending on which of the ability you use the most, I would equip the appropriate augment mod.  His augment mods are all very useful so you can't go wrong with any of them really.  I have a general build for my all purpose Frost, but I also have one for defense (high armor, some range--Stretch is usually enough, Chilling Globe) and another for crowd control (high strength or high duration, high range, Ice Wave Impedance or Icy Avalanche depending on the situation).

My Nezha:

grxgSE9l.jpg?1

Definitely not the best Nezha, I only use him when fighting infested. Since I have no survival mods, I always keep the Warding Halo on, although has negative Strength, the huge range can burn infested near you to prevent damaging. With max Efficiency and Flow, I can always cast 4th when I needed.

My Chroma:

AjQny8Wl.jpg?1

If you have more forma, add Power Drift to the Exilus slot. I usually run with Zenurik, if you have energy problem, switch Blind Rage to Transient Fortitude. Always keep your 2th and 3th skill on, and better to bring some life steal weapon like Furis or Life Strike Melee.

My Frost:

Ud3I5Oml.jpg?1

Although my snow globe health only about 5600, but with max efficiency I can stack it many times that is 20000 hp for 50 energy. I like to have my 2th skill to slow enemies far away, so I put in Ice Wave Impedance. Also I don't think Chilling Globe is much useful since I can recast bubble and knock enemy away. Also 4th to freeze enemies.

Dread:

9gdDdYKl.jpg?1

You can replace Bladed Rounds with anything you like. Argon Scope, Elementary, Riven etc.

Sonicor:

eEf9AgTl.jpg?1

Though it says 0% status, but the impact did actually have status chance, that's why there's a dual stat. You can replace crit chance to anything you like.

Nikana Prime:

Y40ZhFCl.jpg?1

You can swap Reach with Life Strike if you like.

Finally, mod with how you feel the best.

Edited by (PS4)Akabane85