The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

do my graphics settings affect other people in the match

FrankeyTheCyborg

Question

alright so my brother is constantly saying that my local graphics settings on my computer is causing him to lag on his computer when were in a match and note im experiencing absolutly no lag none of my usage is going above half and were both on the same network

my specs are 
8 core 4.0
24gb ram
6tb
2gb msi card bought new a year or two ago

9 answers to this question

That should not effect him at all, plus the fact that everything you have is similar to my specs, If he's 'lagging' You might want to check his PC then, Lag is the only thing that effects multiplayer, your performance only affects you.

If both of you are using ethernet cables, and your 100% sure it's not your internet (Check by doing internet speed tests) then it's most likely his PC having an issue.

If your using wireless routers, check his internet connection to the router to see how strong it is compared to yours. If its a huge difference, try moving it about, or just move to ethernet cables. (If that's possible) 

If its his system, make sure it is up to warframe standards, make sure warframe is optimised from launcher. Try lower settings, turning a few things off and so on. if non of that works, and you are 100% sure its not his computer, send a Support ticket. It might be a problem with warframe.

Edited by SubjectL
Pressing enter reset text, so i posted this so i can edit it after >.>

Computer settings don't affect you or the people connected to you in the squad.

It's likely your internet connection or your brother's computer that's experiencing the lag. Or another scenario is that your brother is playing on wifi and you're on the wired connection then whatever data you eat up would affect him, but graphical settings have no bearing on others.

No. Your computer is your computer, his computer is his computer. Lags are delays in network transfer. Low FPS are delays in graphics rendering. These two things are separate things. They only case where graphic rendering could cause lags is with old or neglected hardware, not suited for the game/application, which is not a case here.

If he has lags and you don't then it's someone with the network connection between you and him OR something is using network connection extensively on either or both of your computers.

Edited by A68PL

your graphics settings do not affect the performance of other Players.

in any game.
period.

that is definitely not the problem. i don't know what problem you're talking about though, as you didn't really explain the symptoms.

Edited by taiiat