Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seeking guidance on Opticor riven

(XBOX)Chyeah Hoops

Question

Hello Tenno,

Long time player here, lots of hours, kills, forma'd weapons and the like but never been much of a numbers guy and I know this game breaks down into some intense stuff.  I propose my dilemma: I have two opticor rivens at max rank and am not sure which one to keep.

1) Opticor Sati-insitin: +86.1 multishot, +41 mag capacity and +101.3 puncture

2) Opticor Toxi-ampata: +180 damage, +55 ammo max, +107.9 toxin and - 49 fire rate.  

I know I can use either as they enhance the weapon tremendously; however I'm not sure if the toxic is worth it due to the fire rate decrease.  If i slot the build with speed trigger and vile acceleration i'm giving up 10% status chance but it actually fires faster but I know corrosive builds better into late game in the void if i'm not running 4xCP.  

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

5 answers to this question

first one is better, the last thing you want on a charge up weapon like the Opticor is less fire rate. you'd have no hope vs moving targets.

I own an Opticor Riven myself: Puncture, Status and Crit Damage.  it's a fun weapon once you invest in it, and investment makes it pretty powerful.  I hope you have as much fun lasering things as I have recently!