Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Love this game. Cephalon scanning about to make me quit.

(PSN)Karma2992

Question

Downloaded this game on my PS4, been playing it non stop since then and i'm loving it. Recently i got to a junction that asks me to scan Cephalon fragments on mars. I did some research and apparently they are easy to find and are a 100% spawn, but i've been stuck 2 whole days looking for them in mars and i haven't even beeb able to find one.

I understand there are some mods that help in the fragments detection, but i've been doing alert missions hoping the loot detector mod will drop and haven't had luck with that either.

Anyone know some common locations for the cephalon fragment spawns on mars? I'm not joking i've been doing capture and extermination missions on mars for two days, i've looked al over the map and i haven't been able to find ONE.

As most have said, they are spawning on every mission besides Inter and Def. The thing is to find them, you gotta check the whole area. If you are running with Speed Runners....it becomes harder since they love to start that 1 minute timer.

If you are going solo, take your time til you find them. Keep an eye on the mini map as well as pull out that scanner to see whst is scanable. 

Congratz on joining the best game on Consoles IMO. Do not give up over the fragments. There are many other things to see and do and find and kill and scan and horde and collect and.....you get the jist. Keep at the game and enjoy it. Mlst see a grind....but it is just a game....that takes hundredz of your hours playing and cooping with friends and randoms. LoL

I suggest using Exterminate instead of Capture. Exterminate has a much smaller chance of spawning extremely long side paths compared to Capture (where there's a decent chance that the target's escape path leads to a dead end).

As mentioned by others, make sure to explore the entire vertical range of each tile. Your minimap will only display objects a maximum of about 10 meters above or below you.

On 12/29/2016 at 9:04 PM, (PS4)Karma2992 said:

Downloaded this game on my PS4, been playing it non stop since then and i'm loving it. Recently i got to a junction that asks me to scan Cephalon fragments on mars. I did some research and apparently they are easy to find and are a 100% spawn, but i've been stuck 2 whole days looking for them in mars and i haven't even beeb able to find one.

I understand there are some mods that help in the fragments detection, but i've been doing alert missions hoping the loot detector mod will drop and haven't had luck with that either.

Anyone know some common locations for the cephalon fragment spawns on mars? I'm not joking i've been doing capture and extermination missions on mars for two days, i've looked al over the map and i haven't been able to find ONE.

I'll be honest with you: I know your frustration. On the other hand, I've also overcome it, and found a way to do it easily. Many of the mods that give Loot Radar are found a little later in the game, and the ones you can get at the place you are do not give exceptional range, meaning you have to walk through every room until it appears.

That being said, just jump into the recruiting channel and say something to the effect of "LF help finding Mars Cephalon Fragments, plz have Loot radar" and I'm sure someone will send you a message offering to help.

Yes, do capture/extermination and finish the objective without going to extraction with loot radar + animal instinct equiped, and then start looking for every entrance/exit that you see on map hitting "M" ocasionally so will always find one blue mark on the map waiting to be scanned by ya.

I would recommend doing exterminate missions, because usually the maps are not that complicated and usually everything (including the cephalon fragment) is on your objective's path to exterminate everyone and extract. Equip a thief wit or better an animal instinct on your favorite pet/sentinel (ask friends/clan/trading for one if you don't have it yet)  and everything is going to be easier for you in the future. Just look a bit more careful for that big blue spot around or in the map if you have a mod of the above.