Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Discussion] Gore And Blood.

IronRushBR

Have any of you thought about what would happen if there are people in the same game with different gore settings?

If on one client he's chopped in half, what happens in the other client? Or would they still get sliced in half and just have no blood or innards?

I can sort of understand the appeal of having it, but given the speed of the game, I'd rather them not invest very much time in something that you are looking at for a second or two at most. The lingering effects of killing someone already cause enough issues as it is (Ash ultimate targeting the dead bodies, not being able to shoot through them, etc). Cleaning up the animations might be nice, but in terms of more gore/blood and so on, i'd much prefer they invest time into other things. It doesn't add very much to the gameplay experience, especially when i'm usually in the next room before the body hits the floor, anyway.

And more importantly, if you think about it, the ninja style of killing something doesn't really lend itself to a gore-focused game.

Edited by Sumnus

When I first got my dread I went around shooting enemies in different sections of their bodies to see what would happen. I was impressed by how shooting enemies in certain body parts would result in those body parts becoming impaled to walls and floors. The best one is when you shoot an enemy just right and they are split in half.

It was awesome, but I felt a bit ashamed at finding so much enjoyment in dismembering enemies. >.<

Even though I don't mind the game's gore, I think a visual setting to enable disable gibbing and/or all gore would help suit all players.

As for gibbing itself.  Ah, gibbing, gibbing, gibbing.  How strange you are in Warframe...  I think it ought to work like this: if you deal a major amount of damage quickly to a certain body part, and your final hit that finishes the enemy hits there, that part is gibbed.  Massive overkill damage would also be able to cause random gibbing or even explosive gibbing (OGRIS plox?).  Melee would have a random chance of performing these appendage gibs, and only if the hit connects with the appendage (this would have to be detected).

As for splits, the type should be determined by the direction of the cut made, which also needs to be detected.  In the case of a cut, the halves would fall unless flung by contact with the melee swing (which would pretty much always happen... tl;dr use physics).  In the case of a body being torn in half by force, as with a DREAD arrow or a hard punch or kick, the part that got hit would fly, the other would fall.

Non-organic enemies should be "gibbable" too; imagine cleaving a MOA in half and watching the sparking, crackling electronics clattering to the ground!

There's my two cents (Credits?) on the topic.

While I'd love gore, I'd be happy with just getting rid of those damn elemental effect deaths. I hate those. I want to slice that guy in half, not watch him burn.

THIS!

I have the exact same gripe with this. At the moment, only CRYO power will make enemies explode, which is awesome and satisfying and -gets enemies out of the way- (important) - A maxed out FIRE mod should make enemies explode, or burn to ashes; which would not only look cool but would get enemies out of the way. The same for electricity... a higher level mod should start to change the way the enemy die, resulting in something  a lot cooler and more useful than the enemy staggering and falling down slowly engulfed by fire or electricity while he blocks you from shooting the enemies behind him.

As far as gore, I'd rather have performance over aesthetics. Warframe looks great, and uses a ton of particle effects and the characters aren't MMO quality, they are closer to a AAA title, so they do a great job keeping everything running at 40-60 FPS (on my end at least).  That means that the developers are constantly looking for ways to optimize performance... so if you start adding bells and whistles just for looks, you lose this.  If they can add more gore detail without the performance of the game suffering I'm all for it.

No, just more consistent and believable gore/gibbing. It's weird to have blood splatter appear sometimes, and other times not for the same type of kill based on whether or not the surrounding terrain accepts the decals. It's annoying to cut into someone with a sword, and have them appear riddled with bullet holes. Improved consistency, not necessarily drastically increased quantity.

No, just more consistent and believable gore/gibbing. It's weird to have blood splatter appear sometimes, and other times not for the same type of kill based on whether or not the surrounding terrain accepts the decals. It's annoying to cut into someone with a sword, and have them appear riddled with bullet holes. Improved consistency, not necessarily drastically increased quantity.

This! And a little more blood splatter. Now, with update 9, we already can disable gore, if anyone not like.

YESSS more gore please and get rid of the slow death animations where enemy stays up and doesn't respond to anything hitting it anymore. Im so glad im not the only one that likes physx dismemberments and nice reaction to bullets by enemies, I think its one the first thing that made me fall in love with this game, very satisfying too shoot those grineer because they react to everyshot very very nicely. So i vote yesss to more gore more slicing and dicing and dismemberments !!

ahahahaha BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD!!! MORE BLOOD!! make it more brutal than mortal combat, make finishers like in the NINJA GAIDEN 3 Razor's edge. but for warframe it will be autofinishers when Enemy will die because of low Health and of course while animation we don't get damage, but make animations just fast enough 

I played DARK MESSIAH of might and magic, edited blood scale about 5 times ,not too big just good enough about 1metres blood on the floor, killed 8 enemies allot of blood...SMILE ON MY FACE :D what a mess, this is fuc*ing awesome!!! Edited by IfritKajiTora