Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The new Charger Companion raises one Question (Not sure if this is the right Forum, my first post)

Final_Heartbeat

As has been stated before...

The content guys were basically ded.  This is the best we got; After holiday break, we'll see a new model.

Also please, add a spoiler tag.  This was your first post, so mercy shall be shown.  For the road though, OK?

Edited by Sintag

Just now, Richtor2415 said:

They're working on a better model. They released the charger right before holiday-leave so they had little-to-no time to make a good model. RN it's just a small, stretched charger.

I wonder where people get the Idea that they are working on a new model? Steve pretty clearly confirmed that what is in the Game now is NOT a placeholder and that this Charger was always the Concept. All he said later was that there MIGHT be a few tweaks in 2017

Just now, Sintag said:

The content guys were basically ded.  This is the best we got; After holiday break, we'll see a new model

Please don't perpetuate false information. This hasn't been stated. Steve said there may be touch ups, and they might cut off the Grineer head, but we don't know anything for sure.

The pet was always supposed to be a pet Charger, it was always supposed to use that model. 

5 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Please don't perpetuate false information. This hasn't been stated. Steve said there may be touch ups, and they might cut off the Grineer head, but we don't know anything for sure.

The pet was always supposed to be a pet Charger, it was always supposed to use that model. 

While it is supposed to be a charger type infested, it should have a unique model.  Not the grineer one.

Just now, LeighWong said:

While it is supposed to be a charger type infested, it should have a unique model.  Not the grineer one.

Another perspective would be that it should have a different acquisition method rather than injecting Kubrow eggs.

I'll acknowledge that the current scenario isn't particularly logical, but I also don't think it matters. Unless you believe in 100% immersion, it doesn't hurt anything, and it's a cool addition to have a well-known enemy as a pet.

2 minutes ago, LeighWong said:

This is true. The charger was born from a Kubrow egg, it was not a Grineer unit that was infested. No offense to DE but this is straight up dubious/lazy.....

1 hour ago, AM-Bunny said:

Another perspective would be that it should have a different acquisition method rather than injecting Kubrow eggs.

I'll acknowledge that the current scenario isn't particularly logical, but I also don't think it matters. Unless you believe in 100% immersion, it doesn't hurt anything, and it's a cool addition to have a well-known enemy as a pet.

Still you can't deny that it was really lazy. Charger model, slightly altered (with some very low res textures that look horrible up close), put on the Kubrow animation skeleton, even uses the same mechanics (loyality loss on death, and so on) and same Mods as Kubrows (the mods even still say Kubrow). Its pretty much just a Skin for a Kubrow with tiny bit better Stats. That is not really well done.

I personally really hopeDE will rework all of it. Give it a unique model (that still looks like a charger), give it its unique animations, unique mechanics, unique abilites. That would be the way to go now. I really, really hope it doesn't stay what it is now.

2 hours ago, Final_Heartbeat said:

How does this work:

Kubrow Egg + Infested Eww = Infested Grineer ?

You can't tell me that's not just copy & paste :|

I don't get it either. I think they should just cut the grineer head off. Throw on a bit of fur and then we will be all set.

2 hours ago, Richtor2415 said:

They're working on a better model. They released the charger right before holiday-leave so they had little-to-no time to make a good model. RN it's just a small, stretched charger.

Actually. They aren't working on anything at the moment. They all enjoying their well needed holiday break. Also what you see is what was Intended. Now it will get touch ups (hopefully cutting off that grineer head and maybe adding a bit of fur maybe?) such as updating the charger ability mods display the charger and somehow maybe making the kubrow armor fit on him when they come back in 2017. 

37 minutes ago, Evers said:

Still you can't deny that it was really lazy. Charger model, slightly altered (with some very low res textures that look horrible up close), put on the Kubrow animation skeleton, even uses the same mechanics (loyality loss on death, and so on) and same Mods as Kubrows (the mods even still say Kubrow). Its pretty much just a Skin for a Kubrow with tiny bit better Stats. That is not really well done.

I personally really hopeDE will rework all of it. Give it a unique model (that still looks like a charger), give it its unique animations, unique mechanics, unique abilites. That would be the way to go now. I really, really hope it doesn't stay what it is now.

Yeah, some of the rigging to the Kubrow skeleton could really use some work. I definitely think the mod card art should be altered to feature the Charger, and some of the general glitchiness needs to be ironed out obviously. It could use some touch-ups, for sure, but overall, I'm okay with it.

You could say it's lazy, but a more generous way to view it is a clever re-use of pre-existing assets. I'm personally fine with it the way it is -- The Charger's a nice little bonus, and I think that's all it was ever intended to be... just a nice hidden treat, not a full-blown new pet type. If DE wanted to introduce a completely new companion type, I'm sure there are things higher on the list than Infested monster.  

I think people's expectations were really high for some reason. 

2 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Yeah, some of the rigging to the Kubrow skeleton could really use some work. I definitely think the mod card art should be altered to feature the Charger, and some of the general glitchiness needs to be ironed out obviously. It could use some touch-ups, for sure, but overall, I'm okay with it.

You could say it's lazy, but a more generous way to view it is a clever re-use of pre-existing assets. I'm personally fine with it the way it is -- The Charger's a nice little bonus, and I think that's all it was ever intended to be... just a nice hidden treat, not a full-blown new pet type. If DE wanted to introduce a completely new companion type, I'm sure there are things higher on the list than Infested monster.  

I think people's expectations were really high for some reason. 

I find it to be a nice side grade companion rather than a whole new companion. Plus I honestly do think that the Charger mod art will get touched up when they get around to it. Honestly if they can just remove the grineer head and add some patch of fur (so it look like it grew from a kubrow) then I'll be okay with it. Also am I the only one who kinda want it to have some kind of Synergy with Nidus like how the Djinn sentinel has with the Gazal??

16 hours ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Actually. They aren't working on anything at the moment. They all enjoying their well needed holiday break. Also what you see is what was Intended. Now it will get touch ups (hopefully cutting off that grineer head and maybe adding a bit of fur maybe?) such as updating the charger ability mods display the charger and somehow maybe making the kubrow armor fit on him when they come back in 2017. 

Which means it's not the final model.. If they intend to change it in any way, it's not yet finished.

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

They said on Twitter that what you see is the final model because players always demanded a pet charger. Yet here it is. There is no remodel changes. Just tweaks.

Personally we didn't saw the same things on Twitter.     Steve said that the pet Charger was the concept and it may get some tweaks in 2k17, and Rebecca said that it's what player wanted.    they never said "it's the final model deal with it".

And between us, concepts are mean to change, to be tweaked and enhanced to become the final product.