Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee & Macro

SpicyVeggy

Long story short, I love melee weapons as much as the next guy, but when it comes to spamming a button, left click, or scrolling a mouse wheel, it can get tedious. I do realize that macros are not at all supported by Digital Extremes, however, I've looked through some threads and found that some staff of Digital Extremes claim it to be alright. I haven't used a macro nor have I thought about using it until now with the issue of redundant spamming. Don't get me wrong, though, I do not want to cheat, especially with my extensive hours of gameplay and my continuity of support towards them via Platinum purchases. I would at least like to know if I could use the AutoHotKey macro for melee purposes or not. Otherwise, I'd suggest adding a function in which you can hold down a button to auto melee which can be toggled on or off in the gameplay section of the settings menu. Thank you for taking your time to read this!

Posts about Macros

> The last post is the point of interest here, but the thread can also be viewed for further information.

> After reading this, I wanted clarification on what qualified as a ban particularly and if my instance would count as a ban.

There are way too many people using them already. It makes some missions unfun for others, when people just spin all the way to the end, killing everything in their way. Personally it doesnt bother me but if you want to be considerate of other, try to only use it in Solo play or with friends that know your using a macro.

1 minute ago, Krhymez said:

There are way too many people using them already. It makes some missions unfun for others, when people just spin all the way to the end, killing everything in their way. Personally it doesnt bother me but if you want to be considerate of other, try to only use it in Solo play or with friends that know your using a macro.

Thank you very much for the speedy response Krhymez! I'll be sure to use it only in Solo play.

1 minute ago, HerpDerpy said:

DE has stated that the only thing not allowed in terms of macros etc is things that take the human element out of playing the game. Auto aiming, auto farming, etc.

Oh yeah, I remember DE mentioning that HerpDerpy. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't violating anything, that's all. Thanks regardless!

3 minutes ago, SpicyVeggy said:

Thank you very much for the speedy response Krhymez! I'll be sure to use it only in Solo play.

You could use it in multiplayer, because i think the "stance" on macros from DE is, That you can use macros as long as it is not playing the game for you. Example, a simple "shift, attack, forward" macro is fine... BUT if you have an elaborate macro that plays for you, thats not allowed.

Only reason i mentioned solo play was some people get "angry" when others do this. But imo its no differant that any "mirage/ Simular" game play.

SpicyVeggy i PM'd you. I have an idea. Why not start an "AutoHotKey" Script thread. This way people can share scripts. This way if someone feels like they are at a disadvantage.... They can install and try those macros. "fairplay"

Edited by Krhymez

1 minute ago, Krhymez said:

You could use it in multiplayer, because i think the "stance" on macros from DE is, That you can use macros as long as it is not playing the game for you. Example, a simple "shift, attack, forward" macro is fine... BUT if you have an elaborate macro that plays for you, thats not allowed.

Only reason i mentioned solo play was some people get "angry" when others do this. But imo its no differant that any "mirage/ Simular" game play.

while it might be allowed in PvP i think its heavily frowned upon even by DE.

So I would still not use it in PvP just in case.

Just now, HerpDerpy said:

while it might be allowed in PvP i think its heavily frowned upon even by DE.

So I would still not use it in PvP just in case.

I agree, while on the other hand, its really easy to target macro users, they "spin, spin, spin... die". 

DE's stance is they allow it simply because someone may have a disability that doesn't allow them to play "normally".

But using a macro out of lazyness (playing for you) or to gain an advantage is not acceptable. (Aka Tellos macro  spinners)

Edited by SilvaDreams

1 minute ago, SilvaDreams said:

DE's stance is they allow it simply because someone may have a disability that doesn't allow them to play "normally".

But using a macro out of lazyness (playing for you) or to gain an advantage is not acceptable. (Aka Tellos macro  spinners)

no those are fine too im pretty sure.

2 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

But using a macro out of lazyness (playing for you) or to gain an advantage is not acceptable.

Not sure if this is true. Its not limited to people with a disability. They only say that you can not use to fully automate gameplay. Meaning if you can turn on the macro... then walk away from your PC, then thats not allowed. BUT a macro that pushes a few buttons at a time is fine.  TOO many game mouse and keyboards have built in macros.

I remember when people were considered "cheaters" if they used macros in games, not sure when it happened but not it seems to be the norm.

33 minutes ago, SpicyVeggy said:

Long story short, I love melee weapons as much as the next guy, but when it comes to spamming a button, left click, or scrolling a mouse wheel, it can get tedious. I do realize that macros are not at all supported by Digital Extremes, however, I've looked through some threads and found that some staff of Digital Extremes claim it to be alright. I haven't used a macro nor have I thought about using it until now with the issue of redundant spamming. Don't get me wrong, though, I do not want to cheat, especially with my extensive hours of gameplay and my continuity of support towards them via Platinum purchases. I would at least like to know if I could use the AutoHotKey macro for melee purposes or not. Otherwise, I'd suggest adding a function in which you can hold down a button to auto melee which can be toggled on or off in the gameplay section of the settings menu. Thank you for taking your time to read this!

Posts about Macros

> The last post is the point of interest here, but the thread can also be viewed for further information.

> After reading this, I wanted clarification on what qualified as a ban particularly and if my instance would count as a ban.

Seems you can in fact get your account suspended for macros. But in other post there are DE admins saying they are fine.... Seems they dont even know if they allow them.

Edited by Krhymez

3 minutes ago, Krhymez said:

Not sure if this is true. Its not limited to people with a disability. They only say that you can not use to fully automate gameplay. Meaning if you can turn on the macro... then walk away from your PC, then thats not allowed. BUT a macro that pushes a few buttons at a time is fine.  TOO many game mouse and keyboards have built in macros.

I remember when people were considered "cheaters" if they used macros in games, not sure when it happened but not it seems to be the norm.

Quite well aware of the keyboard and mouse thing, my keyboard has 12 and my mouse has a "auto-fire" function.

I never use these except to flash like a strobe light at the end of a round when I have a melee weapon equipped.

They became more acceptable over time due to MMOs and people making macros for timed spell casts and companies pushing them Pre-installed on the hardware, before that you actually had to know how to code a bit.

21 hours ago, Krhymez said:

*cough* I'm one of the guys who's been spinning nonstop for past 2 days with boltace at the speed of light getting most kills in entire team, but i'm doing that without macros. Cmon it's not that hard... CTRL+E. It used to be much harder Shift->Ctrl->E , Shift->Ctrl->E, and was bloody nightmare for Dual Zoren times - Shift-Ctrl-E-(Block) ; Shift-Ctrl-E-(Block) The block was necessary cause Zoren was so fast it started holstering after every dash which caused a delay for the next spin. Block canceled the holster and allowed for seemless chaining of spinattacks. Pretty sure i was the only one that was using such complicated combo but if i wanted to dash at the speed of light on the ground when we didn't have maneuver 2.0 then i had to use it. 

Edited by WingsOfGryphin