Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Account Transfers... throw money at it till it works?

Trytoxania

Question

I know there are at least some other players in my situation. I have spent lots of cash on platinum and prime access, many hours, and generally made a great deal of progress in the game. The only problem, is that I started on Xbox One, and only recently built a PC for gaming. Now I know that direct account transfers from console to PC cannot be done, with contracts and consoles trying to cling to their player base, but would it not be possible to have a paid service or maybe even just pay for a private service to copy one accounts progress to a new one? Essentially, buying a replica of your old console account, without any direct, contract-muddled transfers? DE could make this outrageously expensive and it would still be cheaper than re-purchasing all my plat yet again, and I'm sure other people would be willing to purchase the service as well.... 

thoughts? 

Also thread location is due to similar threads on this board, but as I'm inexperienced in the forums it may be out of place. 

1 answer to this question

You already outlined why this won't work. The problem is not and never was a technology problem, the problem is that the console platform owners are jealous and vindictive and will never willing let you go.  That includes "account transfers by another name".  Even if DE could find some hypothetical hole in the contracts for their lawyers to slither through, using it would burn some big bridges.

Edited by Momaw