Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I The Only Person Who Wants The Original Snipetron?

Notso

Don't get me wrong. I am overjoyed that my favourite weapon is returning in Vandal form. It's genuinely fantastic!

But I am also super, super pissed that I won't be able to obtain the original version, as far as I am aware. As a completionist, and as a lover of the original weapon too, I really, really would like to be able to obtain the original Snipetron. I don't even care if I have to pay Pt to get,

I can't be the only one. Please DE, bring back the regular Snipetron too!

I hear yah and completly understand using a reflection of myself. Perhaps their will be gun trading way in the future. Where both parties pay plat to finish the transaction.

I actually detest exclusive gear that can never be obtained again. Partly because of moral bias and partly because im reaching near the end of the mastery rank system and it sure would be nice to get a smidge more mastery from vandal items. Exclusive gear that i missed makes me so upsett that i premptively sympethize with future new players who wont get the snipetron vandal. I strongly urge DE to make the snipetron vandal really rare alert after the event

Edited by ClaymoreNo47

Welp, maybe if you spend a couple bucks on the game and bought more weapon slots, you could have kept it when it was available.

Next you'll be asking for Excal / Skana / Lato Prime BP drops because they're too exclusive.

I think the fact that they're giving out any version of the Snipetron at all shows that they care for the community. They could always, y'know, not give you any form of Snipetron ever again.

Would you prefer that?

Welp, maybe if you spend a couple bucks on the game and bought more weapon slots, you could have kept it when it was available.

Next you'll be asking for Excal / Skana / Lato Prime BP drops because they're too exclusive.

I think the fact that they're giving out any version of the Snipetron at all shows that they care for the community. They could always, y'know, not give you any form of Snipetron ever again.

Would you prefer that?

Its not about that. Its about having all the weapons in the game.

Its not about that. Its about having all the weapons in the game.

To me it's not about that. The Snipetron was removed from the market without prior warning, and players were in an uproar about DE not informing anyone beforehand.  Players who were looking forward to obtaining it were now unable, and players who reset after previously having a Snipetron weren't able to get it back again. This was bad.. especially considering the reason it was removed: Because it shot bullets instead of lasers, which could be easily changed considering how work-in-progress the weapons are in general.

I thought this event was going to be a "last hurrah" for availability of the (original) Snipetron, people would be happy DE listened, players who already had the Snipetron ages ago wouldn't have to worry about missing an event item (or having their current Snipetron made redundant!), and players who were itching to get it again would have fair warning that it was going!

No, it's about feeling entitled to everything that's in the game because you play it.

Its a human quality to want more of something. Regardless of what it is. Don't talk like you are any better yourself. We don't all want the same thing, but essentially, we all want more. It's not something to be ashamed of, that we want to have as much as possible in this game, just because we enjoy playing it. If we are devoted to the game and want to spend a lot of time on it, its only natural to set a goal and want more. Some of us likes to collect, and complete, some dont.

I don't like calling people ignorant but for the love of god, please think before you talk (take as little offense to that as possible, I didn't add it to insult you, just to give some perspective) It has nothing to do with feeling entitled. Its about trying to achieve. Aiming to get a job that you want, doesn't mean you feel entitled to it. Just an example.

Edited by Zareek

No, it's about feeling entitled to everything that's in the game because you play it.

Thats your oppinion. 

I dont need snipetron, I wont ever use it, snipers are bad in this game and the only thing I need them for is mastery. You could take mine away after it hits 30.

Its about collecting everything. You think its being entitled because thats your mentality.

Snipetron owner here, leaving behind a +1

Give these people a chance to get it, especially the ones that went for an account reset and unfortunately lost it...

Like me... 

However, probably the Snipetron will be available in a future event, when closed beta will end and the PS4 version will be launched. 

Think about it, it has no sense to give us the Snipetron NOW, in Beta version... I think that's the reason why they decided for the Vandal version. 

Snipetron Vandal to Open Beta players as a reward for play during the Beta (as Braton Vandal was for Closed Beta). Then, in the future, Snipetron event for ALL players (both PC and PS4, after the end of Beta).

It has sense. Isn't it? Also because a lot of players were asking for a reward for players since the Open Beta. 

You play since February.. i think you had your chance.

Nama, you've always come across as though you were a logical, rational, reasonable person. I sincerely hope this is sarcasm. Quite apart from the fact I reset my account a few days before they removed the Snipetron without any warning [and thus didn't have the credits to purchase it], should it matter? They never announced they were going to remove it, however they let people keep it who had it already.

Would you prefer that?

You're joking? You are joking right? Did you even look at my profile picture? I'm a Master for God's sake - quite apart from the fact that whether or not one had the slots at the time to get the Snipetron - weapon slots are not a problem for me.

Also, can my grandfather hire you to work on his farm? You seem pretty good at making scarecrows.

Edited by Notso

Nama, you've always come across as though you were a logical, rational, reasonable person. I sincerely hope this is sarcasm. Quite apart from the fact I reset my account a few days before they removed the Snipetron without any warning [and thus didn't have the credits to purchase it], should it matter? They never announced they were going to remove it, however they let people keep it who had it already.

I did not know that, Notso. I may be an &#! but i'm not a psychic. Sorry for you in that case. To remove the Snipetron without any notice was a *@##$-move from DE, i aggree and to be honest.. i would've liked it more to give out the normal Snipetron instead of a Vandal version with (presumably) identical stats to the masses to shut them up.

The Original Snipetron really isn't that great.

It has a horrible sound (sneezing cat), it has an amazingly low fire rate and slow reload coupled with a really low magazine size.

Honestly, the only hope of redeeming this weapon is with a nice coat of vandal paint and a decent sound and (hopefully) a little boost either to damage but hopefully actually tot he magazine clip size.

The original snipetron has been reborn as the Lanka corpus sniper rifle, and honestly, I whole heartedly believe we should be thankful that's the case.

It has a horrible sound (sneezing cat), it has an amazingly low fire rate and slow reload coupled with a really low magazine size.

Honestly, the only hope of redeeming this weapon is with a nice coat of vandal paint and a decent sound and (hopefully) a little boost either to damage but hopefully actually tot he magazine clip size.

The original snipetron has been reborn as the Lanka corpus sniper rifle, and honestly, I whole heartedly believe we should be thankful that's the case.

Hahaha! Sneezing cat. Now I want it even more

You're missing the point.

I don't care if there were better weapons. I loved using it [it is actually the better sniper over the Vulkar anyway], and I want it back. Nobody was told it was going to be removed, yet people who had were still allowed to keep it. Just because you don't like it does not invalidate the wishes of people who would actually like to own it.

This is grossly unfair as far as I'm concerned, and DE needs to fix the problem rather than just re-skinning it and calling it a day.

Edited by Notso

Consider the Snipetron a limited edition weapon.
Also, the Snipetron is better than the Vulkar because the Snipetron ignores armour. Give it enough damage, fire rate, and reload mods and it'll turn into a very formidable weapon. 

But it's still not fair for those who reset the days before they removed the Snipetron without any announcement.

meh, I had it and reset. I don't miss it THAT much. Anyway, the Vandal version is better, so couldn't give a damn about the vanilla one.

This is grossly unfair as far as I'm concerned, and DE needs to fix the problem rather than just re-skinning it and calling it a day.

Life is unfair, get used to it :P

Edited by Shifty_Shuffler

They removed Snipetron because they don't want it to exist. And yet announce before hand so that everybody can get one "before it is gone"?

They could have removed it totally, even from those who owned it before. They have the rights to do so, but prob would cause so even more rage that it would be better to treat it as a limited edition thing (like Vandal?). Easier to just let it die out slowly by having people sell it, quit the game etc.

I am NOT saying that I like this, but from a neutral stand, I couldn't really blame them. (from an individual player's stand, i agree that people may feel short-changed for having some "content taken away" from them)

As for the new snipetron, ... I think we need to see the thing first (which means clearing this event!) The original reason for removing old snipetron was that it did not fit the lore (coming from an era when DE wasn't really planning out the lore in detail). Let us see the new snipetron and how much better it will fit the lore before we make further judgements :)