Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I The Only Person Who Wants The Original Snipetron?

Notso

They backpedalled on the whole frost prime thing because they couldn't have a better idea than have it to drop on Void. Don't act like DE didn't go back on their word before just to reassure yourself they'll continue being exclusive.

The idea was to have Frost Prime farmable in the void from the very beginning, they just didn't think about the problems that would cause (people winning parts for a 'Frame they would never be able to finish, etc) and so they made the whole 'Frame (BP included) farmable. Doing it any other way would have been a horrible idea. It just so happens they had already used the word exclusive by that time.

That's how it seemed to me, anyway. That's why they kept apologizing for their miscommunication.

This topic is still going? Lovely.

And will likely continue until the game is shuttered in 2035. Partly so DE doesn't forget what pulling something without announcement or good reason causes. It will come back up every time a new player sees a Snipetron and thinks we're hacking a Lankar, or wonders about that Blue-Green sniper weapon.

Edited by Brasten

The idea was to have Frost Prime farmable in the void from the very beginning, they just didn't think about the problems that would cause (people winning parts for a 'Frame they would never be able to finish, etc) and so they made the whole 'Frame (BP included) farmable. Doing it any other way would have been a horrible idea. It just so happens they had already used the word exclusive by that time.

That's how it seemed to me, anyway. That's why they kept apologizing for their miscommunication.

They shouldn't backpedal on their statements instead of trying harder on a design that wouldn't contradict their statements. That's bad practice.

Edited by Tdown

They shouldn't backpedal on their statements instead of trying harder on a design that wouldn't contradict their statements. That's bad practice.

The most "ethical" option they could have taken was to give everybody who took part in the Moa event all the BPs necessary to make Frost Prime, and then never made the BPs obtainable again.

However that would have been stupendously bad for sales of void keys, compared to the option they took.

Edited by Notso

I disagree, COMPLETELY. It's bad for both sides for DE to remove stuff with no warning, it gets their player base angry, and they don't want that.

Don't agree.  It obviously made YOU angry, and probably (without passing any judgments) other players who feel similarly to you.  Didn't make ME mad, or any of the players who think like I do.  So to impute your anger to the rest of the player base is simply over-reaching, IMO. 

I respect DE's right to do whatever they want with their game.  They don't answer to me or you, even though we are both something like 'investors'.  It's their call, and I respect that.  From your post, it doesn't sound like you agree, and so on that point we agree to disagree.

As for the "Please don't complain to someone else about your own choices." This is stupid. Notso for example reset because he didn't know that the snipetron was going to be removed, and wouldn't have reset if he had known, see how that works? People regret doing X or Y because they weren't given any warning!

I feel bad for Notso, the timing of his choice didn't work out well for him.  But excrement occurs.  If he wanted, it sounds like Notso had a (small) window of time where, if a Snipetron was near and dear to his heart, he could have purchased one.  Something could happen to my computer tomorrow, or some other crazy stuff could befall me (or you) and cause us to not be able to play the game we've invested in, thus causing our money to be wasted.  Would I complain about having spent the money I did?  Of course not.  Life happens, and sometimes it doesn't break our way.  As I said, Notso lost out, and I never like seeing that happen.  But it does happen, and that's just life.  It's something to accept, not something to whine about.  That said, would I prefer to have been given notice of the change?  Yeah, probably.  But I'm not going to stand on that.  It's DE's game, and I have no problem with them doing what they want, when they want.

Notso's situation also isn't a good example of what I was trying to get at with my comment.  The Snipetron was available for months, and anyone playing during that time, myself included, could have chosen to purchase it.  We didn't, and now that choice is gone.  WE MADE OUR CHOICE, and that's that.  Live with it.  With no attempt to curry favor with the devs WHATSOEVER, I'll quote one of my favorite Canadian bands: "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."

And by the way, a comment is not "stupid" simply because you don't agree with it.  You have the same right to an opinion that we all do.  You're certainly free to disagree with what I've said, but passing judgment on it like that comes across as arrogant, and makes you look bad.  If you don't agree, call me out, state your case, and let the readers decide.  But please avoid childish name-calling.

"As far as folk getting all grumpy because there are weapons they can't get, jealousy never looks good on a player."

I agree, but that only counts with exclusives we knew were gonna go away i.e. lato vandal/brandal, the snipetron was just removed, no heads up, no warning.

"I learned two important lessons: DE may do things with little or no warning, so stay plugged in"

Let me boil this down: "Stay online 24/7, or own every gun in the game, who knows when DE will decide to remove another gun!

I have the snipetron, that's "lore breaking", they removed it for a reason, but people still have it, why not bring it back for a weekend, then permanently retire it? Something like "We found a small cache of old/antique snipetrons, get one Tenno before the supply runs out!"

I'm honestly curious here, how can you justify defending a move like just removing the snipetron? Fanboy-ism?

If, by the over-simplification "fanboy-ism", you mean to make me look bad because I support DE's point of view as I understand it, then go for it.  That's me.  In my time playing, watching, reading and listening, DE has impressed me, and I'll stand by them.  Nope, they aren't perfect, and they've made some blunders.  Maybe the Snipetron will turn out to be another one.  But so far, I haven't heard anything that makes me think it was anything worse than unfortunate timing in the case of a few folk like Notso.

As for "lore-breaking", with the dearth of actual lore that's available to players right now (as opposed to what DE may have written but not yet released to our view) I question whether it's even possible to 'break' the smattering of lore that's out.  In this I don't agree with DE's reasoning, but again, it's their call to make.

You over-generalize, with statements like "stay online 24/7, or own every gun in the game".  YES, if you want a particular gun, or Sentinel, or fashion/bling item, then you damn well ought to go buy it, as soon as you can!!  I think the whole idea of potentially-limited availability -"who knows when DE will decide to remove another gun"- is good for the game!  There's no downside that I can see, other than a small number of players who unfortunately fall into the same category as Notso, and the probably larger group of players who think as you seem to, that DE owes them warning about all changes to the game.  The potential upside is, how many more players might look at an item, think about whether DE might remove it someday, and then choose to spend money/plat and purchase it? 

Which brings me to my justification for defending DE's decision to lose the Snipetron: Teaching players that things can go away with no notice creates in them a motivation to buy while the desired item is available, and for ANY business, motivating customers to buy right now is a good thing.

Just a PSA...

You also got the bp for the normal snipetron.

i am building the original snipetron in my foundry right now? i got the blueprint for it and i got the vandal both from the event.

Read the thread creation date, baka. I made the thread before the event finished.

Also: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/74372-am-i-the-only-person-who-wants-the-original-snipetron/?p=820677

Wow, just on the previous page ^.^