Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Challenge...Huh???

(PSN)Regiampiero

Question

I just got a riven challenge which as left me very perplexed, and hoping some one can help me figure out what the heck I'm supposed to do.

I'm supposed to scan a simaris target, without using any powers, without using any traps, while carrying an hobbled key, and without taking any damage. WTF?! Who came up with this and how do I even start to approach it? 

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero

11 answers to this question

There's a trick to that one: You can use abilities as long as you don't use or turn any abilities on near the target. Generally peeps go Ivara Prowl or Rhino Iron Skin for that one, or just get teammates to clear everything out for them.

Edited by TrinityPrime

I think you can go on a low level Exterminate with an Ivara and a long-range melee, kill everything, then go back to the Simaris target and scan his &#!. That way you won't take any damage and the ability would be used way before you can see the target (which won't fail the challenge).

1 minute ago, Xirka said:

If you don't have to solo it, just get a buddy to do it for you while you pace about at spawn. 

You need to be close to the target to get the synthesis, otherwise the challenge won't finish from my experience.

Just now, Praxxor said:

You need to be close to the target to get the synthesis, otherwise the challenge won't finish from my experience.

I have not had that happen, and have been on both sides of a challenge like this one.

My friend got this one. He brought me along to an exterminate, I killed everything while he stayed behind. Once everything was dead we then went to find the Simaris target. If you have a friend who plays Warframe this is an easy way to do it.

If you have to do it solo I'd bring a bow, go slow, and take out enemies carefully before they have time to react. I'd still go exterminate so enemies don't spawn behind you.

The no abilities only applies when near the target,

This makes it easy to cheese by bringing an ivara with a prowl build and just go into prowl as soon as you get into the mission then roll everywhere (you may need to a bring an energy restore

18 hours ago, Pyr0calypse said:

The no abilities only applies when near the target,

This makes it easy to cheese by bringing an ivara with a prowl build and just go into prowl as soon as you get into the mission then roll everywhere (you may need to a bring an energy restore

or a rakta ballistica/cernos for silence and energy gain proc.