Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simulor Riven with negative multishot

Relic0id

Question

So I rerolled a Simulor riven a few times, and eventually got a riven that reads :+95.1% Damage, +34% Fire Rate, -23.1% Multishot. At first, I thought this was an incredible riven, because it gives damage and fire rate which is highly sought after for the simulor. I thought that multishot was bad on the simulor so I didn't really mind that, but after asking around in region chat, lots of people are saying the multishot is really bad, and I would need to run Split Chamber if I wanted to use it, which isnt as good as two other elemental mods. So my question - is this riven good or even usable, or should I just reroll.

4 answers to this question

Simulor is the hardest Riven mod to roll on.

I've rolled 100k Kuva on one and it's still not worth using over a basic mod.

I can tell you that because of the chance to fire blanks that Riven is not better than a 90% elemental on a non-crit build and not better than any alternative on a crit build.

If it didn't have the negative multishot it would still not be better than alternatives for a crit build but it would be better than a 90% for non-crit.

5 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Simulor is the hardest Riven mod to roll on.

I've rolled 100k Kuva on one and it's still not worth using over a basic mod.

I can tell you that because of the chance to fire blanks that Riven is not better than a 90% elemental on a non-crit build and not better than any alternative on a crit build.

If it didn't have the negative multishot it would still not be better than alternatives for a crit build but it would be better than a 90% for non-crit.

Alright, I will most likely reroll it or try to sell it then. One other question. For a crit build would I use this to be most effective?

Serration

Heavy Caliber

Vile Acceleration

Vital Sense

Point Strike

x3 90% Elementals

6 minutes ago, Relic0id said:

Alright, I will most likely reroll it or try to sell it then. One other question. For a crit build would I use this to be most effective?

Serration

Heavy Caliber

Vile Acceleration

Vital Sense

Point Strike

x3 90% Elementals

Primed Bane instead of a 90% when possible, Primed Cryo against Infested or CPx4 and 90%Toxic + 60/60Toxic Vs Corpus but yea that's the setup I use.

I use a 90%x2 + 60/60x2 status build for high lvl armored Grineer.

I think when it comes to a Riven though a crit build might not be the best anymore. I've been messing with the numbers and in some cases I can beat a crit + Riven with a non-crit + Riven. If anything it's a little easier to roll for. This is mostly because you have to drop Point Strike to fit the Riven which is the lesser of the damage contributions but it lowers the crit value of the weapon.

This is one of the reasons I protest the nerfed stats as it's increasingly more difficult to beat basic mods. You have to roll around +70% crit chance on your riven in order for it to beat a non-crit build. I don't think there's any exceptions either.