Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weekend Event Top 100 Not A Good Idea

inthephonebox

I'm sure this has already seen several topics and posts, but I want to keep pestering DE until they acknowledge it. Let me start off by saying, I am loving this weekend event. Its a great idea that adds new content, a new objective, and a hint of story. All great things. What is not okay is the top 100 player reward. I hope DE knows that that simply means the top 100 16 year olds with no life or responsibilities will get rewarded for no regard to skill. Me, I have a life. I work, I am part of weekend bowling team, and I occasionally like to step outside. I don't have 50 out of the 72 hours to spend in game mindlessly farming these floating bloated comm buoys. I am proud of that. But I am also proud of my skill in this game, the collection of frames and weapons I have, and the monetary and creative support I've given DE. I acknowledge what DE wanted to do with this incentive. If everyone just stopped at 20 we might not have finished the event. But basing a reward on the top 100 of a rather sizable gaming community is absurd. 

So in conclusion, good job DE. Moving forward with your understanding of events and the community, but again, there is a problem that needs to be solved...and I hope you do solve it before we have 100 barely pubescent morons running around with the best mod in game. 

As always a sincere thanks to DE for their community involvement and the communities ability to make problems known. 

in any game with progression. you get out of it what you put into it.

i would agree, if there wasnt any other rewards.

there is a reward for participation only minimally.

there is a reward with working together as a clan.

and there is a reward for the diehards that way to put in those 50 plus hours.

what are you complaining about again? everybody gets to participate as much as they like, they get something out of it and those who put in the time dont even get anything exclusive if last event serves as an example. it will be added to the drop pool just like all the other mods. they just got it early.

people will find anything to complain about.

Edited by MetalGerbil

I'm sure this has already seen several topics and posts, but I want to keep pestering DE until they acknowledge it. Let me start off by saying, I am loving this weekend event. Its a great idea that adds new content, a new objective, and a hint of story. All great things. What is not okay is the top 100 player reward. I hope DE knows that that simply means the top 100 16 year olds with no life or responsibilities will get rewarded for no regard to skill. Me, I have a life. I work, I am part of weekend bowling team, and I occasionally like to step outside. I don't have 50 out of the 72 hours to spend in game mindlessly farming these floating bloated comm buoys. I am proud of that. But I am also proud of my skill in this game, the collection of frames and weapons I have, and the monetary and creative support I've given DE. I acknowledge what DE wanted to do with this incentive. If everyone just stopped at 20 we might not have finished the event. But basing a reward on the top 100 of a rather sizable gaming community is absurd. 

So in conclusion, good job DE. Moving forward with your understanding of events and the community, but again, there is a problem that needs to be solved...and I hope you do solve it before we have 100 barely pubescent morons running around with the best mod in game. 

As always a sincere thanks to DE for their community involvement and the communities ability to make problems known. 

I get it, not a good idea.. BUT the mod thingy isnt even all that great..

I'm mostly not worried that I won't get the mod because the mod is fairly weak and I use the Latron Prime. The mod is limited to sniper rifles.

Though, my OCD is killing me.

Honestly, I'd have liked it better if it was top 1000 with the kills. That's more realistic. Oh, i'd also have liked to see how I was ranked, too.

Or we could just make this an early access mod and release the mod much later on because OCD too strong.

I get it, not a good idea.. BUT the mod thingy isnt even all that great..

Unless you use a bow as your main weapon. It basically becomes a damage mod, and depending on how high it goes, a really good one at 25% dmg per level. At least it would go to 100% dmg maxed out.

So you want in on the same thing? Don't get a life. It is either you trade it to be productive somewhere, not everywhere.

I actually commend DE on announcing the rewards for participation, top 100 players and top Clans based on the four tiers specified at the start of the event.

I find the top 100 players just fine, it allows people to decide if they want to just kill 20 and stop or continue to help their Clan or to go all in and try for top 100.

As to the Mod, yes it sounds awesome, rest assured that this Rare Mod will be added to the game, most likely with Update 9.  At which point people will just farm it like all the other non-Endless Defense mods.

The only thing I see that they could have changed is if they made the new mod to be awarded to ALL players that get 2000+ drone kills for the event.  By setting a fixed number people could plan accordingly and know if they will get it or not.

Makes sense to me, those top 100 players will kill more drones, thus contributing more to the event, if we don't complete it nobody gets anything and so the top 100 people are more responsible for winning than you.

*i also have a job, a family and many other commitments so will not be in the top 100, thankfully those who are will ensure i at least get the snipetron vandal.

so you have the free time but don't want to spent it in game and don't want anyone else who chooses to spend their free time in game to be rewarded lol ok

way to be a bitter dbag op

Unless you use a bow as your main weapon. It basically becomes a damage mod, and depending on how high it goes, a really good one at 25% dmg per level. At least it would go to 100% dmg maxed out.

There is a little problem with this statement, it's a mod for sniper rifles and bows aren't sniper rifles....therefore it won't work with bows.

Edited by bakaxy

There is a little problem with this statement, it's a mod for sniper rifles and bows aren't sniper rifles....therefore it won't work with bows.

- Don’t stop at 20—the top 100 players will receive a PRIMED CHAMBER MOD- first shot in new clip gives +25% bonus damage per fusion level.

It does not say what weapon types this mod is for, it may be the first of a generic weapon mod being able to be used in rifles, shotgun and pistols for all we know.

Edit: I do agree though that "first shot in a new clip" eliminates bows.

Edited by Mickey1779

I somewhat get your point but meh thats how life is sometimes you can't get things straight away. The mod won't even make such a big difference in gameplay(it only increases dmg nothing more) + it will become farmable after the event. So yea let them kids have their candy reward, you can farm yours later.

This weekend event turned public games from probably having some idiot running ahead of the whole team, rushing through the level, into guaranteeed idiots rushing through the levels.

If you want a successful cooperative game, then you can't base rewards on people being selfish. I was going to make an effort to kill a bunch of informers, until I realized that taking turns killing them in levels (with REAL LIFE friends of mine, mind you) simply meant that the 3 of us all got a few each mission. They don't count as a collective "group" kill. They don't ALL get tallied up for each of us.

Nope, it's whomever shoots it that gets the tally. Cooperative game promoting selfish, individualistic behavior.

I've yet to see it stated anywhere that this mod is not exclusive. If someone can point to an official post saying it will be farmable after the event, I will take back that part of my issue. I fully acknowledge that the more hardcore gamers, those who contribute more to this event, should be rewarded favorably, but there is a difference between hardcore, dedicated, active players, like myself, who do play a couple hours every day and the people with enough free time to spend all of it in game. I see no reason to fuel such behavior with this incentive, it just creates a disparity in players and promotes a selfish play style. The best part of this game, in my opinion, is its competitive cooperation. Take away the cooperation and turn it into every man for himself and it breaks the flow of the game. For the people who prefer to play on their own, good for you, but I am not addressing this towards you. 

To restate, my biggest issue with this event it that it pits Tenno against each other instead of bringing them together towards a greater goal. I am also a completionist and feel I spend enough time in game to be considered an active, hardcore player and don't want to miss out on a potentially exclusive item because a minuscule fraction of the community is able to put in a ridiculous amount of time. 

I don't feel I am being bitter or selfish, and I write this is a calm manner. I simply wish to provide DE with constructive criticism about their event, as they have stated they appreciate, and voice a concern that is shared by a  good deal of other gamers.

And I have yet to see anywhere saying that the mod is exclusive.

It will be as exclusive as the Frost Prime BP :P

As far as top 100 goes, I'm fine with it. I definitely am not going to waste my weekend trying to be in it. My choice. And I'm not crying about it.

Edited by Shifty_Shuffler

And I have yet to see anywhere saying that the mod is exclusive.

This is true. But I have grown to be a pessimist, especially in MMOs, and tend to err on the side of caution. I will also admit that I am ignorant of how the last event's mods were incorporated into the game. Are they obtainable still, because I've not seen them pop up since. If they are, then it is likely this will be too, and again, I'd drop that part of my concern. But as always, there seems be just not enough information cause these kinds of uncertainties. 

Listen here jackazz. This event is in no way shape or form a mandatory thing to do and the top 100 is the most reasonable way to do it with how the current meta game functions. Nobody cares if you got other things to do competition won't wait for you and any competition is won by making sacrifices other people are not willing to go for. And no having a big collection frames does't mean you're skilled get your head outta the fan.