The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Network Not Responding fix?

Dreaper23

From their latest hotfix: 

• "Added logging to help identify why some players have slow access to our network leading to a "Network Not Responding" messages when our network is actually fine."

At least they acknowledged there is a problem. They just don't know what it is right now.

Still getting consistent "Network Not Resonding" as well probably 90% of the time , and are you guys also getting "Mission Full" when trying to populate into a mission?

I have to re-select a mission 4-5 times before it queues me properly.

I remember all of this starting when the Pre-load update went live.  Someone "Preloaded" and extra 1 or 0! I blame it on binge drinking maple syrup, and all the moose rape.

Omg it's not just me!! 

Been really bummed since I'd do long runs (i.e. Excavation, Defense) for relics or fissures but then all the rewards go poof because it says "Network not Responding" during Extraction :'(

On 07/01/2017 at 3:58 AM, Dreaper23 said:

Really wish it would be fixed soon.. Happens on 95% of the missions now :/

What's your location?

I'm in South Australia and while I get frequent  network messages, and often the rewards screen does not update on mission end, I've always still gotten my reward.

Its been affecting several people for a couple of weeks, I stopped trying to play about a week ago, because whats the point if you can't get any rewards. The game is broken for so many players and they don't seem to really care. I've put so much time into this game, I love the gameplay and the community, and have stuck with it through many ups and downs, but at this point, I'm not sure I can really bothered anymore, even when it is eventually fixed. 

4 hours ago, Carnage2K4 said:

What's your location?

I'm in South Australia and while I get frequent  network messages, and often the rewards screen does not update on mission end, I've always still gotten my reward.

Denmark.. Part of me just wants to quit sorties at this point :-/

On 1/6/2017 at 0:18 PM, RideaTear said:

From their latest hotfix: 

• "Added logging to help identify why some players have slow access to our network leading to a "Network Not Responding" messages when our network is actually fine."

At least they acknowledged there is a problem. They just don't know what it is right now.

They have acknowledged that people have a problem, not that the problem is on their end. 

Notice how they say "our network is actually fine" at the end. 

1 hour ago, Ailissa said:

They have acknowledged that people have a problem, not that the problem is on their end. 

Notice how they say "our network is actually fine" at the end. 

Notice how the posts are all pointing to the fact that there has been a widespread issue now. 

How do you explain incidents where I would get a different sortie reward than the rest of the group, or I have a different reward for rotation C on an endless mission than a friend of mine, but the third guy who hosts gets both? 

"It works for me, therefore it has to be with every one of you." doesn't exactly work, and not something you can say when the problem lies within coding. Several updates ago DE did something to the way networks are handled, and it is visible through many different posts pointing it out. Just because people including myself with issues are still playing raising the numbers on charts, doesn't mean there aren't any problems.

30 minutes ago, Kraxah said:

"It works for me, therefore it has to be with every one of you." doesn't exactly work, 

I didn't say "it works for me therefore it has to be you" I said "it's working for tens of thousands of people therefore it is more than likely you".

2 minutes ago, Ailissa said:

I didn't say "it works for me therefore it has to be you" I said "it's working for tens of thousands of people therefore it is more than likely you".

You didn't, I was pre-emptive about it. It's way too common of a mindset when it is clear something is wrong for a period of time now.

1 minute ago, Kraxah said:

You didn't, I was pre-emptive about it. It's way too common of a mindset when it is clear something is wrong for a period of time now.

over 40 thousand people online through Steam, thousands more with non Steam accounts and thousands more on console all playing now and having no issues.

A handful of people on the forum having a problem.....

That, to me, doesn't sound like network problems. It sounds like a handful of people with an issue. When problems are that isolated, the majority of the time the problem is on the users end.

I'll quote my own words for you.

2 minutes ago, Kraxah said:

You didn't,

I won't make you apologise for trying to say i'm a liar though.

Just now, Ailissa said:

I'll quote my own words for you.

I won't make you apologise for trying to say i'm a liar though.

That doesn't say people don't have problems. That says people, including me, still play the game because it is playable. Even though it constantly kicks me out after nearly every mission, rewards get mixed up and so on. People using the forums are less than those actually playing. Not to mention it is a worldwide game, not everyone is fluent in English, or will browse this section of the forums.

Aside from that, I honestly wouldn't bother about it if it was just network issues. I really wouldn't. I would wait until DE fixes whatever happened since last Christmas because I doubt after 3 years of playing with major problems being something they caused could change just now. I would simply wait it out as usual. It doesn't do anything but make me re-join my friends or re-queue for public. But this time it also messes up drops. I cannot do invasions in public groups. My rewards vary from missions. That is a more severe problem.

• 1 month later...

Going to say something that might sound odd but hear me out: I found my internet connection, which is, or should be, one of the better in my country ( cable, 150Mbit/s), been seriously acting up. I heard the same from several other people, who don't even use it for gaming but mainly netflix/youtube related. It seems there's a LOT of traffic going round and, as a backend developer, I KNOW the bandwidth available to us is not infinite. 

Now, many countries in Europe are in election state, especially the countries that matter (France, Germany, the Netherlands) on a global scale. Considering what happened surrounding the USA election, it's not a far-fetched thought that all this cyber-warfare is taking it's toll on our, the public's, connectivity. It is something IT-experts have been warning us about for the past, oh, 5 to 10 years.
This cyber-nonsense, btw, comes on top of the strain already put on the system of HD-netflix-binge-watching, which is taking the civilized world by storm. The internet in it's current state was never build for this. And, yes, gamers are one of the first to suffer the consequences since our needs are real-time -as opposed to the buffering mechanisms in place with most streaming video apps.

So, before we go out and blame DE for this, ask yourself: how is your connection holding up with streaming video from Twitch* or Youtube-live channels? Try making video-calls to friends around the globe, does your connection hold up or does it drop packets? If your experience is buggy/choppy then Warframe surely isn't at fault and we have bigger problems ('we' as the netizens of this global experiment called the Internet)..

edit: check out this map, if you are in the red areas, network issues are to be expected (11% above notrmal traffic really IS huge):
https://www.akamai.com/us/en/solutions/intelligent-platform/visualizing-akamai/real-time-web-monitor.jsp

*) come to think of it, I turned the quality of the last devstream down to "high" because it was just unbearable to watch on a higher setting...

Edited by ComCray