Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Changes to trade function

(XBOX)CyBirdNetic

So yesterday, a pair of individuals (Won't name and shame (not connected to one another, as far as I know)) attempted to sell me mods, claiming stats like "60% Damage 45% Aim Assist" or "100% Damage + 50% Reload". When asked about the mod names, they told me they were Metal Auger and Gunslinger respectively. As I've played for a while, I knew they were scams, so I promptly blocked them and am prepared to submit the usual complaints to Support.

The thing that I'm bringing up is the obvious hindrance to preventing scams; the trade function.

When you are trading with others, you cannot see (beyond the mod name, its rank and capacity cost) WHAT it does. I know a lot of new players have fallen victim to this and I feel it's something that could easily be fixed. Allowing other players to see EXACTLY what they're are getting will only help in reducing these scams from happening.

I'm sorry if this is already been said before, it's just what happened to pop into my mind prior to submitting this post.

Edited by (XB1)Bird Sarcoma

5 minutes ago, injustible said:

I did not even know that people were scamming like that. Ever since the mod linking in Chat has been around, that is.

But then again, new players don't know much about linking or about all the mods in the game, so I see your point.

+1

on consoles we can't see the linked items

Im still hoping for a shop like experience, like the steam market, where actual player - player communication is not an issue. Trade as it is could remain for those who want to haggle a good deal, but at least new players could get a more up front system.