Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible bug with duration on Banshee

Sphirical

So I was checking out my Resonating Quake build on Banshee and I noticed I was wasting efficiency with a maxed Streamline and Fleeting Expertise so I decided to change that up a bit.

After changing them out for a rank four Streamline and a rank three Fleeting Expertise my Power Efficiency stayed the same and my duration increased from 67% to 88%.

But after checking the stats on the Ability page it shows that having MORE Power Duration on the Banshee increases the Energy per second. It went from 3 per second to 3.48 per second.

Before:

kO5NsrX.pngEcTQdIl.png

After:

JoBCo74.pngLxzznr3.png

Arcane Chorus Helmet me so jelly

For abilities with a permanent Evergy drain per second like Sound Quake,
Efficiency beyond 175% does actually get included in the calculations
if your Duration is below 100%, it's the ultimate cost reduction that's capped at 75%.

[The Arsenal stat screen really needs to be updated to acknowledge / incorporate drain costs.]

Just because, some breakpoints for minimum drain:

190% Efficiency & 40% Duration
175% Efficiency & 100% Duration
130% Efficiency & 280% Duration

Aaaand some more:

BNos4zK.png

Edited by NinjaZeku

15 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Spoiler

Arcane Chorus Helmet me so jelly

For abilities with a permanent Evergy drain per second like Sound Quake,
Efficiency beyond 175% does actually get included in the calculations
if your Duration is below 100%, it's the ultimate cost reduction that's capped at 75%.

[The Arsenal stat screen really needs to be updated to acknowledge / incorporate drain costs.]

Just because, some breakpoints for minimum drain:

190% Efficiency & 40% Duration
175% Efficiency & 100% Duration
130% Efficiency & 280% Duration

Aaaand some more:

BNos4zK.png

So efficiency above 175% does work for the Resonating Quake build and is a visual bug or a bad calculation behind the scenes.

I'm sure this will be tweaked in the future then.

Thanks for the info!

2 hours ago, Sphirical said:

So efficiency above 175% does work for the Resonating Quake build and is a visual bug or a bad calculation behind the scenes.

It's neither.

Displaying power efficiency above 175% in the Arsenal would be misleading for abilities that don't drain energy over time. The background calculation for drain-over-time ability costs that doesn't cap power efficiency until the end of the calculation is also completely intentional.

If anything, the only thing that would make sense to be done would be to have an additional stat in the Arsenal for channeled ability power efficiency on Warframes that have at least one channeled ability.