Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where did I get this from???

Level420Pope

Question

(keep in mind i'm mastery 5) Today I was playing solo attempting to complete my star map. After completing a boss (I believe it was Alad on Jupiter, but at the time I didn't know what I had gotten and didn't pay attention) I received an item that would later wow me. After looking up videos about top 10 weapons, there was one that stuck out to me. #6 was the dread, a bow that should take hours of farming of the stalker to get. A boss I have never seen with my own two eyes. I sat in confusion for a moment and remembered a flash in my memory, going over my loot in a mission end screen and seeing something. I had somehow gotten the dread bow as a plain drop, a solo, rank 5 player, who isn't even past Jupiter, had gotten a rare drop from a boss i've never seen before. I rushed to my foundry and after only 5 small scrolls of my mouse wheel I was struck dead in the face with something that made me jizz, yeah... right then and there it just happened. Before even finishing the video, I paused it. I had to look everywhere for the answer I was looking for! But it's like it had never happened before, and maybe it hasn't! I didn't see any threads about it, the wiki just said it dropped from the stalker. SO! Here I am, hoping to god that a dank *ss mastery 30 or maybe even a dev can tell me wtf just happened, how in god's name did I get the dread...

8 answers to this question

You were likely playing with a group, one of them got attacked by (Shadow) Stalker, they wtfpwned him like high-level players tend to do and he dropped a Dread.

As you play more you're going to find yourself saying, "Oh yay. Another Dread blueprint to turn into credits." as Dread is Stalker's most common drop.

4 minutes ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

You were likely playing with a group, one of them got attacked by (Shadow) Stalker, they wtfpwned him like high-level players tend to do and he dropped a Dread.

As you play more you're going to find yourself saying, "Oh yay. Another Dread blueprint to turn into credits." as Dread is Stalker's most common drop.

That would also be my most logical guess. Even though he is saying he plays Solo (so am i) but it always happens that you forget to change the Matchmaking back to Solo after doing some Conclave or some other form of Mission that auto-changes is into Public.

23 minutes ago, Epicnessrules3 said:

I had somehow gotten the dread bow as a plain drop

It is possible the Dread got mixed in somehow with normal loot, maybe.  Regardless, I was pretty happy when I got my first one too.  It is definitely a great weapon to have.  Then I got my 30th or so and now I just sigh and groan a lot.

No, there is nothing special that can be done with duplicate blueprints, which is unfortunate.

19 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

It is possible the Dread got mixed in somehow with normal loot, maybe.  Regardless, I was pretty happy when I got my first one too.  It is definitely a great weapon to have.  Then I got my 30th or so and now I just sigh and groan a lot.

No, there is nothing special that can be done with duplicate blueprints, which is unfortunate.

Possible but highly unlikely, even though we may never know with all those bugs that appear as fast as they get patched.

And this kind of reminds me of other RPGs where you can fuse duplicate Weapons into your 'main' Weapon of the same Type in order to make it stronger/get some glowy effects on it. Would love to see that here too, but might make it too OP (Simulor/Vayhek/etc) but at the same time usefull for lower tier Weapons.