Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do graphics conflict with multiplayer issues?

(PSN)ihaveseensome

Question

17 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, (PS4)ihaveseensome said:

OP here, I don't know how to describe specs, for I am a pleb. What I can tell you is that I am using a 2016 dell laptop, don't know what else to say about it.

If your running in steam there is an option that will pull your system specs for you. Also your problems seem to be related to the words "Dell" and "laptop".

Specs might help.

Only way I can think of it having any conflicting issues is if you are trying to run it on a potato and having more than one person on screen causes it to cry and try to kill itself.

Just please, please don't say the words "laptop" or "onboard graphics" or I might cry.

Edited by Ailissa

Just now, Ailissa said:

Specs might help.

Only way I can think of it having any conflicting issues is if you are trying to run it on a potato and having more than one person on screen causes it to cry and try to kill itself.

Just please, please don't say the words "laptop" or "onboard graphics" or I might cry.

laptop

onboard graphics

Might want to not use wifi and get a cable.

38 minutes ago, (PS4)ihaveseensome said:

On PC, I am unable to run Directx10 or Directx11, because they cause my multiplayer connection to be lost every time I try to load in. I can only play on very very blurry 20/80 graphics. How does the way my computer displays graphics conflict with the connection to Warframe's multiplayer?

Check your drivers for your Video card. 

5 minutes ago, AerinSol said:

laptop

onboard graphics

Might want to not use wifi and get a cable.

I made the ever so foolish mistake of hovering around Steams forums during the Christmas sale.

So many people buying games, not being able to run them and then asking on the forums why their antique laptop with onboard graphics can't run anything.

Even worse was one of the Deus Ex reviews about how he got it for his birthday and he couldn't run it and neither him nor the person who bought it could understand why. It seems neither of them can read system requirements that said "DX11 required" which his toaster didn't have.

Too many people think PC's are like consoles and anything can play games. 

Too many people keep buying laptops to play games on but not laptops built for gaming.

Edited by Ailissa

20 minutes ago, Ailissa said:

Specs might help.

Worst he could say is Mac... From the 90s...

You seem to missed the question Op asked.

WHY does GRAPHIC setting has SEVERE IMPACT on NETWORK/CONNECTIVITY.

I cannot pinpoint the issue, but 3 factors seem relevant.

1. Textures are being streamed.
  2. HOST machine handles math for clients.
  3. Clients/Host are ALLOWED to join session, with miss-matching OS/DX versions.

If you ad these 3 together, there is enough room for error everywhere around it.
    Im aware that my answer didnt really help you, OP. but i hope that someone else with much more knowledge than my 2c will jump in discussion.

6 hours ago, (PS4)ihaveseensome said:

On PC, I am unable to run Directx10 or Directx11, because they cause my multiplayer connection to be lost every time I try to load in. I can only play on very very blurry 20/80 graphics. How does the way my computer displays graphics conflict with the connection to Warframe's multiplayer?

Alright, could we have the specs of your system and your launcher settings that you are currently using?

As far as I know it has no direct impact on connectivity. However, if there's a long enough freeze/hangup (during which the game isn't maintaining connection) the connection will time out.

As for why DX10 and/or DX11 cause these freezes on the loading screen for some people, I uhhh... I have no idea, sorry. Good luck.

8 hours ago, (PS4)ihaveseensome said:

OP here, I don't know how to describe specs, for I am a pleb. What I can tell you is that I am using a 2016 dell laptop, don't know what else to say about it.

Not a prob, would you happen to know the model number? If you do, we should be able to look it up and see what specs the systems has.