Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Longer Pay To Win?!

KindCollusion

TLDNR: I no longer think Warframe is Pay to Win. What do you think?

So, as Rebecca said during the last live stream they have tweaked the RNG to end famines. I have been seeing way more potatoes appear from alerts. Potatoes were my main argument that the game is pay to win and I am seeing them at a common enough rate to be satisfied. There could be more Forma but I have always been satisfied, pretty much, with its appearance rate. I wish we weren't limited by frame and weapon slots but technically u don't need many of those to play successfully.

So I no longer believe this game is pay to win! What do you think?

PS: and please don't bother to post a reply if you think me calling this game P2W in the past is blasphemy...

Edited by KindCollusion

This game has never been pay to win.  It's been pay to progress faster, that is all.  You can't win Warframe.  There is no PVP.  Pay to win is thrown around way too loosely on here.

Take for example "OMG I can finish my potato right away with 10plat but now I have to wait for it to craft because I didn't buy a founders pack/plat - PAY 2 WIN!"  

Edited by iPrevenge

I guess the many games out there created that notion that all free games need you to pay in order to be better then the players that do not pay.

This game was never pay to win to begin with.

This game placed very high standarts compared to many games out there, you get to experience the entire game without paying and that few companies are able to do.

Games are either advertised greatly so that ppl buy the 60$ game on launch, support is often negleted afterwards, or the game is "pay2win", meaning they exploit the competition part in each gamer.

Warframe has great visuals, great gameplay, great appeal, great support, offers a fast alternative to many items and bundles, makes the community a significant part of the game and DEs like to hear players opinions and concerns.

Let's be honest here, if the game was bad, ppl wouldn't buy anything from the market with platinum, this means the DEs always try to give the best content, because they know the better the stuff they make, the more players will be willing to pay for them, sometimes players only pay because they want to support the company, the approach the staff has made raised the standarts, other games will somehow be forced to do the same in order to compete with warframe, doing anything less will hurt them

Edited by KIREEKPSO

yeah, no. it was never pay to win. i got myself much farther then many excal primes just by putting in a bit more effort. to be honest, there arent that many pay-to-win games out there, considering you can do plenty so long as you work for it.

some people just prefer to work for it by actually getting an IRL job. 'Pay-to-win' is an excuse pre-teens made up because they got caught trying to steal their parents credit card, and now they have no way to fund themselves.

yeah, no. it was never pay to win. i got myself much farther then many excal primes just by putting in a bit more effort. to be honest, there arent that many pay-to-win games out there, considering you can do plenty so long as you work for it.

some people just prefer to work for it by actually getting an IRL job. 'Pay-to-win' is an excuse pre-teens made up because they got caught trying to steal their parents credit card, and now they have no way to fund themselves.

Tell it like it is brother! I work my &#! off and if I want to pay to get a weapon so I don't have to waste my free time grinding then F*** yea. Not like it means I'm going to be killing people in game somehow...

Was never P2W....useless thread

xDDD

go back to old : Go Pro (and you have P2W)

TLDNR: I no longer think Warframe is Pay to Win. What do you think?

So, as Rebecca said during the last live stream they have tweaked the RNG to end famines. I have been seeing way more potatoes appear from alerts. Potatoes were my main argument that the game is pay to win and I am seeing them at a common enough rate to be satisfied. There could be more Forma but I have always been satisfied, pretty much, with its appearance rate. I wish we weren't limited by frame and weapon slots but technically u don't need many of those to play successfully.

So I no longer believe this game is pay to win! What do you think?

PS: and please don't bother to post a reply if you think me calling this game P2W in the past is blasphemy...

nah no more p2w soo you can play :)