Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Display settings; how to properly set for playability?

(PSN)theelix

Question

So, I just fought Sargus Ruk as that was the sortie today. Bows only. Disgusting experience. 

But anyway, my problem is that I couldn't see a damn thing when his weakpoints opened. The glare was so bright it looked like it was coming from various places. I was stopping during the boss battle just to change my display settings and as of current, everything is off except color correction which I actually just turned back on to see if it would help me see more clearly. 

So, just asking, of these settings what should or should not be enabled? I know for PC it's a little different, so I'll make a list of what's on PS4 so that we can stay on the same page. 

Adaptive Exposure Off | On 

Glare Off | On 

Ambient Occlusion Off | On

Depth of Field Off | On

Motion Blur Off | On 

Bloom Off | On

Color Correction [Off] | On (I hate color correction, and it didn't help. It's probably going to stay off unless someone says otherwise.) 

2 answers to this question

Playability is directly proportional to the amount of options off, in my experience.

My choices would be;

Adaptative exposure off (I think that's the iris light level change, very annoying in all games to me)

Glare off. I don't want no Arbok moves played on me.

Ambien Occlusion on

DoF off.

Motion blur off. This, DoF and the iris light level effect shouldn't exist at all in games.

Bloom on (In my experience it just makes light sources a little more glowy)

Color correction: Off and shouldn't exist either.