The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is this out of bounds?

Xekrin

Its been a while since I fought Sargas Ruk but today's Sortie reminded me of a question that has nagged me often here and in various tilesets.

Why is this area out of bounds?

5Q7W1SI.jpg?1

As you can see, there are solid surfaces and it isn't even that deep, yet going even a meter below the outer edge and it is considered a pit.  I must ask, why???

I made a similar thread a while ago, so this isn't a new query, I just wanted to bring it up again to freshen the thought of it in everyone's mind. It is especially weird in tilesets like earth where going just over the edge of some stairs is out of bounds.  Or falling below onto a ledge.  Bottomless pits make sense for this to happen, but when I see a solid terrain being out of bounds it just bothers me.

Particularly frustrating was the fact that we had Sargas more or less trapped right next to this "pit" so every time he got all hot tempered, we'd get tossed over the edge.  I fell in at least a dozen times whilst trying to whittle this guy down with nothing but a bow (hurray 2000 endo reward)..

Edited by Xekrin

I noticed this during the sortie today, and it was particularly annoying because I had my Scarab Swarm armor up as Inaros. I got knocked into the pit and lost it. If Ruk can be instantly defeated by forcing him into the pit then the pit should be fixed, and not just with an out of bounds zone.

2 hours ago, Caobie said:

It might be a hold over from the days before parkour 2.0 where we couldn't really make it back out of there reliably

Possibly, this is likely true for most of the out of bounds areas but I've encountered a few (more than a few on earth) that are simply slightly off the beaten track.  I don't have a screenshot atm but there are a set of stairs where if you move slightly to the left of them, onto a small ledge slightly below it and against a wall, it will reset you.

There's also a few hallways on some grineer galleons where if you go in between the 'railings' of two separated staircases that is considered out of bounds.  

And, of course, the infamous 'jump too high above extraction sends you reeling backward to wherever you leaped from.  A few of these are clearly from before we 'could' jump very high so it was never and issue, but the ones on the ground where we just happen to step off the wrong way are just odd.

3 hours ago, xcynderx said:

if i recall it is because ther was a way to force sagarus into there or something and he would be instantly defeated...makeing the boss fight cake

I can see that being an issue for sure, but I have to agree with this guy.

2 hours ago, ADFXOzymandias said:

If Ruk can be instantly defeated by forcing him into the pit then the pit should be fixed, and not just with an out of bounds zone.

At some point, these deserve a bit of attention.  Once I know its 'on the list' I'll feel much better knowing it will eventually get taken care of.

That sortie fight was SLOW. 
Not hard but my frost was getting bored once I had Ruk in a good position XD

I think a lot of these places should be revised now that we have bullet jump. Those corpus ship blue-floors are also weird.