The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2 weeks in (New player experience)

SCP-000

The beginning of this game is so slow, I just wanted it to be over. I enjoy the grind of Warframe, but when you are just starting out with just Excal, Braton, Lato, and your trusty Skana (all in-modded of course) this game is terrible. 

Being oneshotted by a level 1 Lancer with Grakata sucks and in all honesty I didn't like Warframe, but kept playing because of all of the Dark Sector nostalgia. 

I came back a year after it launched and finally decided to push through and murdered Tyl Regor 79 times to get Equinox and finally had enough mods that I could actually do damage to anything. (Three months of play 2 hours everyday...) (I still want to eat my shorts for the Equinox grind though!) 

So after finally hitting what you would call "critical mass" the game has finally become fun and I'm able to play all of it solo. Still, this game is hard to get into and with the "free to play" as bait it is a lot better when you just decide to buy all of the 30 day boosters at the start which is worth it; in my opinion.

Warframe is a really fun game, don't misunderstand me, but it is hidden behind grindy timewalls that suck the life out of it which are there to make you buy content to play the game. I would have happily shelled out $70 usd to have a slightly less grindy painful start than play for free, but pay with my time. 

If you can, buy a Prime access with the 90 day boosters as it pays for itself, in game. It also cuts the early frustration to nothing. The only downside is that you end up paying for a game that says "free to play" when it most certainly isn't. 

Also, join a good clan because Warframe is meant to be played together! In the end, Warframe is worth it just for the Second Dream and TWW... 

11 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ZenithLord 42 said:

I came back a year after it launched and finally decided to push through and murdered Tyl Regor 79 times to get Equinox

79 times?? You're lucky my friend. Similar no. of runs but still need the main Day and Night Chassis:sadcry:

1 hour ago, Suv8894 said:

79 times?? You're lucky my friend. Similar no. of runs but still need the main Day and Night Chassis:sadcry:

i have 8 set of Equinox while farming for Final Harbringer back when it's the only place where it drop. i stopped counting after 100 ....

oh, and for OP, i give u this video: 

Edited by FireSegment

Yeah I agree that the new player experience is messy and clunky. I had to spend hours reading wiki and the forums to know what to do and how not to die and all those mandatory mods. I still don't know why I came back to this game XD.  They don't even teach you about bullet jumping when you start the game or equipping your melee by holding F. 

But grinding is part of this game so I guess this game really isn't for your even if you try to like it.

13 hours ago, Littlerift said:

From a quick skim through, around half of the posts in this thread are positive, and quite a few more are questioning the purpose or placement of the thread rather than actually attacking the OP. And it's not really like either of you did anything to help the issue of toxicity that you find so apparent.

'tis easier to destroy than build, I s'pose.

theres nothing i can personally do to help OP. I would be lying to him of i told him the grind will get better and i personally cant recommend this game to anyone at this point but thats just me

11 hours ago, Noamuth said:

I'm pretty sick right now, so I'm a bit touchy & emotionally but dangit, I put a lot of effort into my post not being negative nor belittling.  So, thanks for completely dismissing and shaming at least half the posts here that were positive and helpful.

Maybe you should take a look at your own behaviour before trying to talk down to the community. 

not mentioning doesnt mean i'm dismissing them . Its my bad for not at least acknowledging them but i dont see how you can take offense at that ?