Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need some help in Warframe math and number comparaisons

thegamer118

Question

Alright so here s the deal, i would look to know who between these two team gives the highest speed buff: 

1) Equinox, Volt, Nidus

2) Equinox, Volt, Zephyr

How it works is like this:

For team 1 

1) Equinox uses Peaceful provocation in Dayform, with the idea in mind to reach 80% bonus powerstrengh buff to allies

2) Both Volt and Nidus have full maximum powerstrengh builds (counting in Volt s arcane storm helmet)(both have Energy conversion) 

3) Nidus then buffs Volt with his hypercharged Parasitic link

4) Then Volt uses speed to buff the runner

Team 2 

Same idea but now we have two speed buffers as Zephyr uses Jet stream (with a full powerstrengh build) 

I did some maths on my own but at some point i lost my ability to count percentages and how Warframe calculates multiple buffs, and so i m at a stand still where i can t tell which gives a bigger buff, so if there is anyone here who would like to give me some proper math calculus and number comparaison i would be greatful 

PS: we are on a normal 4 player teams format, so no point in saying that trying in a Trial is better i know but we re not in a trial

6 answers to this question

11 hours ago, KYLoooo said:

How?

Base Volt s Speed bufff it gives 50% bonus movespeed, now what you need to do is multiply that number by the maximum powerstrengh + bonus powerstrengh ffrom Equinox and Nidus

The maximum powerstrengh that Volt can reach alone is 373 % (with his arcane helmet), then you add 80 from Equinox so 453%, then Nidus gives 25% bonus powerstrengh base bonus, you multiply that number the same way, so 443%, and so with 443% powerstrengh Nidus gives a 136 (135.75 but i believe warframe rounds up numbers) powerstrengh to allies

And so we have a Volt with i believe 589% powerstrengh, 50 + 589% = 344.5% bonus movement speed (if how did is correct) (i actually did a mistake in my first attempt, so i end up with a bigger number ha)

The order would be Equinox > Nidus > Volt

Equinox is buffing both Volt and Nidus, however Nidus is buffing Volt with Equinox's buff on.

Volt's Base Max Power Strength with Arcane Storm and Energy Conversion would be +344%. If you want to go further you can add Growing Power aura x4 and Equinox. Bringing that value to +524%.

The fun part is what Nidus does. According to the wiki. Nidus' buff is multiplicative with current Power Strength value.

So if Nidus were to Link after Equinox buffs the group and with all 4 Growing Power buffs up, he would have +529% Power Strength.

A +529% Link from Nidus would give 132% multiplicative power bonus to Volt with his Link

Volt's 524% x Nidus' 132% = 1216% Power Strength. 0.5 x 12.16 = 6.078 = 608% Run Speed Boost.

It's hard to confirm such a number since I would need all those items on hand and a willing team. There's no confirmation on how Nidus' buff interacts with other buffs like Growing Power. For instance it could affect only the base Power via mods and not the buffed value. Feel free to give it a try cuz I'm curious.

....Oh what horrors Banshee would do with that.