Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Difficulties

Eraxero

First of all, I would like to declare a few things.

1.English isn't my first language so please endure my bad English.

2.I don't know if this topic belongs to this category.

So to start with is that I was playing Diablo  3 these days and I just come up with some idea related to Warframe.

The idea is that we can create a paragon level within each warframe. Since we can know how much affinity we earn through our profile, we just need to run a script in order to calculate how much level we earn. So after rank 30, we can still level up our frame in following ways:

Power: Power Strength, Power Range, Power Efficiency, Power Duration

Core: Health, Energy, Shield, Shield Regen

Utility: Resource find, Credit find, Mod find, Endo find

So the more you play the more level you earn, the more time you can survive in long runs

Of course adding this function means the difficulty changes in game.

Now we change the whole game difficulties in Tiers 1~4, and the more difficult it is the more chance of the drop rate.

Tier 1 is like for beginner, enemies are level 30 below

Tier 2 will start from L.v. 30~60 for players who are starting to collect mods

Tier 3 is like L.v. 60~100 for players who are kinda maxed out their mods or mostly end-game

And for Tier 4 enemies are starting from L.v. 100 above, which means players gather their paragon level abilities and focuses and in this difficulty. Tier 4 elites have a chance to drop a forma blueprint or maybe some catalyst blueprint e.t.c , while boss will have a chance to drop a fully built forma or catalyst.

Since the relics now aren't really a difference in difficulty for vets, and since Warframe is not a open world game, it is a squad-room game, we can decide the difficulty. The higher the difficulty is the more rewards and affinity.

So the relics stays the same, since there is no difference. For short missions, vets just run through the map, for long runs it just depends how the endurance of each players builds.

No sorry, not convinced at all. We are already way too strong, that last thing we need is making frames even stronger and fracturing the player base. Also making frames stronger but not weapons is not in the best interest of the game, press 4 to win is ultimately boring.

That aside, your tiers are way way off. I can still run around a sortie 2 killing everything with ember, not firing a single shot. Also are you seriously suggesting Forma as the top tier reward? Really?

tl;dr: nope

On 17.01.2017 at 10:31 AM, Eraxero said:

snip

I don't want to shoot your idea down, but "paragon" was what made Diablo 3 bad. Unlike Diablo 2 where you have had set max power obtainable ceiling (paladin with hammers, javelin amazon), in Diablo 3 there's none.

If there's no ceiling then mobs should scale infinitely aswell. But then some frames are "better" than others, thus it creates a weak situation where only few of them are worth using and rest is crappy, because they don't scalew ith "paragon levels" as good.

That's exactly the state of Diablo 3.

And then we have infinite numbers. Do you really want everyone shooting for millions of damage? Imo that really made D3 so lame I actually felt bad about wasting 60$ on this game.

Edited by deothor

7 hours ago, deothor said:

If there's no ceiling then mobs should scale infinitely aswell. But then some frames are "better" than others, thus it creates a weak situation where only few of them are worth using and rest is crappy, because they don't scalew ith "paragon levels" as good.

This is what we have in the game currently. Some frames collect dust because they aren't as useful. Having a system like paragon leveling wouldn't add that to the game, it's already here.

On 1/17/2017 at 2:49 AM, lukinu_u said:

Totally disagree. It will totally destroy the balance between players and put higher number in game without reason because your stuff will be better, even without mods, so the quality of your build dont really count.

They would need to look at scaling along with it. Your build would still count, if they scale it right. It wouldn't work if I had a ton of "paragon" levels and tried doing a lower tiered difficulty, but I think if they scaled everything right it's a really cool idea that can add an actual sort of end game to warframe. 

Overall, DE would need to look at enemy balancing in order to get it to work, because yes, we are pretty over powered currently. D3 has done enemy scaling beautifully. It's drawn out play time by putting in a huge array of difficulty while still making the rewards worth the challenge and still making it really re-playable. 

Having this kind of system would bring longevity to the game while pushing the vets that are mostly maxed out to play in between updates, rather than playing for the 5 hours it takes to complete the new content and then moving on to different games until the next update.

+1 from me.

1 hour ago, Mutt2679 said:

Overall, DE would need to look at enemy balancing in order to get it to work

I heard they'll soonTM work on damage and mobs scaling.

Overall if here'd be some amazingly well made and balanced'ish Paragon system, then I'd love it :)

58 minutes ago, deothor said:

I heard they'll soonTM work on damage and mobs scaling.

Overall if here'd be some amazingly well made and balanced'ish Paragon system, then I'd love it :)

Yeah, they have been saying it awhile. XD My fingers are crossed.  Probably WAYYYYY easier said than done, but as an almost 4 year player, I'd love to see the challenge and reward back in warframe. And I think the OP has a great system in mind for it

DE_Steve mentions from a stream that users have already very many different missions to play, and so few play the non-essential / non-meta nodes that having the users playing together is difficult already to achieve. Dividing by more tiers makes this fragmenting so very much worse.

Making more powerful the frames encourages also less playing together. Solo Mirage+Simulor? Very common.

More of such things are maybe not so good to recommend.