Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host migration even with firewall turned off, no antivirus - SOLVED

Kyanzes

So I'm at a loss. No matter what I do, I almost always get host migration when entering a multiplayer mission and then I'm delivered back to my ship. And then any time I try to reconnect to squad it fails all the time. I'm seldom able to play. I have now turned off the firewall completely, no antivirus. I'm at a true loss here. What to do? Help pls, I'd like to play this awesome game. 

This problem been around for me for about two weeks now.

Edited by Kyanzes

1 minute ago, Kyanzes said:

So I'm at a loss. No matter what I do, I almost always get host migration when entering a multiplayer mission and then I'm delivered back to my ship. And then any time I try to reconnect to squad it fails all the time. I'm seldom able to play. I have now turned off the firewall completely, no antivirus. I'm at a true loss here. What to do? Help pls, I'd like to play this awesome game. 

I have the exact same problem on my laptop computer, but not my desktop.  Thought it had to do with some software I installed, but it's not.

The only missions I'm able to join are ones that are already in progress with one missing squad member.

Also, if I stay in mission in endless missions, I risk being thrown from the mission every time we progress to the next rotation. It's about 50-50 if someone else leaves. If no one leaves, I'm allowed to stay. If someone leaves, I'm often thrown from the mission. No rewards and progress ofc. It's so freaking frustrating you won't believe. Basically, I can be happy if I'm able to do 5 rounds (1 rotation) and then usually it's best for me to leave unless I want to risk all rewards taken from me for "leaving". Even though I'm not leaving, I'm thrown.

Edited by Kyanzes

Could be NAT settings on your router, wired vs wireless connection to your router, improper adapter settings either on your PC or your router, could be ISP related issues that are out of your control...

Hard to say what exactly is going wrong. It may be a good idea to grab your EE.log and give support a buzz the next time you migrate hosts; support will be better able to determine the likely causes for your disconnects since the EE.log gives them a glimpse of what's happening under the hood of the game.

45 minutes ago, ViS4GE said:

Did you not forget to keep your dial-up connection going by throwing in new coin every min ?

2 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Could be NAT settings on your router, wired vs wireless connection to your router, improper adapter settings either on your PC or your router, could be ISP related issues that are out of your control...

Hard to say what exactly is going wrong. It may be a good idea to grab your EE.log and give support a buzz the next time you migrate hosts; support will be better able to determine the likely causes for your disconnects since the EE.log gives them a glimpse of what's happening under the hood of the game.

I'm directly dialing in from my pc. No router as there's no need for it (only my comp in  the apartment).

Noticed that as well, but only today and only in a few sessions. Same as described, either host migration mid game or only allows me to join already in progress. Maybe last hotfix broke something along the way?

Could also be ISP, mine likes running their maint on Tuesdays and I entirely forgot to do a router power reset this morning.

Edited by Souldend78

2 hours ago, Kyanzes said:

is this happening with made groups or pugs?

Cause if its a pug it's likely that you have the slowest connection and by the time you finally get out all the other people left.

I had the same problem like 2 weeks ago but I searched the forums for a solution and saw someone get a "fix" by turning off DirectX 11 and 10 in the warframe launcher settings. I tried it and haven't encountered the problem once since doing so. I know it's not the greatest solution but at least it's something. Good luck, man.

1 hour ago, Kyanzes said:

I'm directly dialing in from my pc. No router as there's no need for it (only my comp in  the apartment).

Err... dialing?

Because if you mean dialing as in dial up or DSL... You are not going to be getting anywhere near enough bandwidth to reliably connect to other users...

Or did you just mean your PC is connected directly to your cable modem?

SOLVED: having disabled DirectX10 and 11 the issue disappeared as it has never even been around. Found this on youtube. Worked instantly and no issues since then. Before that: 9 out of 10 times I got the migration. DX 10/11 disabled: nothing. Switching back instantly makes the issue come back.