Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

sentinel recovery

(XBOX)destructo nl

i was thinking about sentinel recovery in late game. a thought came to me, how about an item you can build or get from sorties or something like that. this item will be in your equipment wheel and this allows you to recover your sentinel. some sort of penalty should accompany this (FE: not being able to use frame powers for a minute or something like that). so that you can recover sentinels similar to pet revival.

what are your thoughts on this?

I don't think it really needs a drawback like power disabling as long as the usage of the item itself is balanced (i.e., you can only carry say 5 of them on you in each mission) and they have build requirements that prevent mass-production like energy pizzas etc.. There's already enough things in Warframe that limit or disable our powers.

1 hour ago, Inarticulate said:

I'm seeing no real functional difference between your suggestion and the current revive system besides how it is obtained and activated.

Both obtaining and activating are very functional, dont you think?
And thats what op meant, suggestion to change HOW you revieve your pet, and WHEN you do it.
It would give more control over very limited sentinel lifetime.

noone is trying to reinvent the wheel here, just polish the edges
+1 Op

Edited by Sophista

9 minutes ago, Sophista said:

Both obtaining and activating are very functional, dont you think?
And thats what op meant, suggestion to change HOW you revieve your pet, and WHEN you do it.
It would give more control over very limited sentinel lifetime.

noone is trying to reinvent the wheel here, just polish the edges
+1 Op

How it is obtained is not a functional trait.

At level ranges where your sentinel is in danger of being killed, there's no glaring difference in the amount of control you have between "I need to revive my sentinel. Let's open up the gear window and use a consumable." and "I need to revive me sentinel. Let's let this next enemy kill me." other than the second can't be done in the absence of enemies (unless you have a self-damaging weapon).

My primary criticism is the OP's suggestion of a drawback. The current suggestion is too similar to simply using a revive.

If anything, a more appropriate drawback is simply a restrictive limit to the number of these consumables you can bring to a single mission. I'm thinking along the lines of 1 or 2.