Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which orokin tower rooms contain the 'special' containers?

romakarol

Question

Hi,
I've read the void is a good place to farm for the rage mod so I read up on the secret rooms. I've been doing exterminate, checking every room etc. I'm starting to see the same rooms/tilesets over and over again and since all the containers look the same, I believe I might be wasting my time in some instances.

My question is: which rooms are those that actually have the special kind of containers? Is it only the types where there is a closing door after a pressure plate? Or can it be the kinds in water tunnels etc also? Youtubers seem to believe anything remotely hidden away contains them but I'm only seeing good drops from the times rooms (only aware of 2 such rooms personally) 

Edited by romakarol

5 answers to this question

7 hours ago, AXCrusnik said:

Any normal container in the void can drop a rage mod, it's just that the time obstacle course rooms have lots of them in a small area.

That is terribly false.

7 hours ago, romakarol said:

I've read the void is a good place to farm for the rage mod so I read up on the secret rooms.

OP, the general rule of thumb is if the container is some how hard to find / get to then it might have random mods in.  There are many places in the void where that is true outside of the actual timed treasure rooms.  But remember that the void levels were designed before parkour 2.0 so "hard to get to" isn't what it used to be.

Containers that are just sitting out in the open will (almost) never have mods in them.  There are a few exceptions of course.  Over time you learn which containers might and those that definitely won't have mods in them.  Thief's wit or looter or animal instinct is most helpful.  As are AOE weapons and vacuum to break containers behind walls and suck out any stuff.

Your best option would be to run around the void with a Vet and have them show you all the spots.  It wouldn't take that long assuming you had good luck seeing all the different tiles.