Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

That one new tileset is too dark.

Retrijeuj

Question

I understand that it IS supposed to be dark, but on computers like mine, where it's impossible to see where you are going even when you turn the luminosity to the max, sometimes you can be literally lost just because of the lack of lighting. Add to that the inaccuracy of the objective waypoints and the needless complexity of some rooms, and navigating through the Kuva Fortress is a real pain.

I mean, I just lost a 30 minutes survival because of that, I couldn't reach a life-support capsule in time because I was running in circles, trying to figure where the waypoint was telling me to go. 30 minutes isn't that much, but if this kind of thing can happen, it'll take more than a new stance mod to keep me (and I'm guessing other players) playing in this tileset. And come on, Kuvas aren't vampires, are they ? Even the most powerful royal guards need some light to wander around.

4 answers to this question

But... Is it the game's fault or you are using something terrible? I use a pretty cheap TN panel (150€ or less) and have no such issues. Some areas are a little too dim lit, but not so severely as in your case.

I mean, what kind of screen do you even use? Is your gamma too low or something?

Edited by NightmareT12

Well, it does come from my screen since I have this problem on my laptop but not my other computer, the gamma is set really low by default. I found the menu to adjust it (which I somehow managed to miss until now), I'll see if I can get the right setting so that it's not too bright either.