Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator Warframe

Lance_Lionroar

I'd absolutely love for a future quest to give us something similar to Hayden Tenno, where the operator is actually inside of a Warframe. Maybe your Warframe gets captured and Transference is completely cutoff, forcing the operator to make and wear a Warframe and go rescue the original one. Any decent story will do really. I just wanna watch my operator do this:

0AcKegn.gif

And their powers could basically be enhanced versions of what we currently have, all void related. It would be epic. Hell, they could also incorporate the Sun/Moon alignment system into all that, since so far we've technically had no use for it.

Edited by Lance_Lionroar

4 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

No thank you. I like what we have now. I don't get the love for Hayden Tenno, he wasn't that cool of a character.

I'm not a fan of Hayden either, but he's the only example I had. I just like the idea of my operator being inside of a Warframe.

Edit: Reply to your edit: That's the thing, you're not gonna gut a current Warframe and wear it... That's just no. I said build/create a new one that's not based on a living thing. A la Iron-Man, if you will. The new Warframe would be the only one that's not based on Transference, well because it's you.

3 minutes ago, Alex9-3-9 said:

As if that hasn't happened before...

Hah, whoops. Welp, I'm sure they could come up with a better scenario.

Edited by Lance_Lionroar

44 minutes ago, Volinus7 said:

Recent warframes aren't anatomically correct you can wear it after breaking a few bones though.

As I mentioned earlier you wouldn't be wearing already existing Warframes, which would be disgusting and wouldn't really work. They don't even look right to fit a human. You'll create a new one for yourself.

1 hour ago, Lance_Lionroar said:

As I mentioned earlier you wouldn't be wearing already existing Warframes, which would be disgusting and wouldn't really work. They don't even look right to fit a human. You'll create a new one for yourself.

So when you die it's perma death because the operator is in warframe?

kinda make the second dream obsolete and redundant too

Edited by Volinus7

1 hour ago, Volinus7 said:

So when you die it's perma death because the operator is in warframe?

kinda make the second dream obsolete and redundant too

So every time you die in-game and click "Revive" it's canon? The game just acts as if you never died, otherwise you would be long dead before you discovered you were just a kid and woke up from the Dream. I'm saying death is basically just a mechanic like any other and lore-wise, you don't die.

1 hour ago, JalakBali said:

And make Warframe into generic "bad-&#! space guy in power suit" game #30,810?

No thanks. I'll take my "space orphans turned magic mutants remote controlling humanoid monsters".

Excuse me, it's "space orphans turned magic mutants remote controlling humanoid monsters who became developed enough to wear a space suit of their own and kick &#! for once". Sounds way better to me. I'm thinking don't make it a perma Warframe like all the others, but simply part of a quest just like the "find yourself" part from War Within.

2 hours ago, JalakBali said:

"space orphans turned magic mutants remote controlling humanoid monsters".

This the best description of the Tenno I heard. Ever.

I like what we have now going on, we don't need another generic sci-fi theme.

I want the next quest featuring my operator to be a Rocky like montage where he starts running, and hitting meat, and eventually, by the end of the sequence he's a full grown man, and as the montage plays out his voice changes and gets deeper.

At no point during the montage does he ever whine at anyone about calling him a kid or anything like that.

Then I want eyepatch, scar, beard, and cigar accessories, and maybe a couple tattoos.  Or sunglasses.

Or maybe, after countless times of being a pasty little twerp getting his butt kicked at Kuva siphons, he finally starts levitating and his hair turns all blond, and the rocks on the ground start vibrating and his Kame Ha Ma Ha wave starts just melting kuva guardians while all the lancers just stop and go "AHH he's so powerful!"

Or he could "meld" with his suit and instead of walking out of it in transference he could "summon/unsummon" it around him from within missions---that'd pave the way for operator based focus system stuff with really cool things like being able to switch frames mid-mission.

Because seriously, I'd rather be badass #30,810 any day of the week over wheezy little dork playing VR robot controller because while I'm hardly a space ninja samurai duke nukem doom guy in the real world, I'm a hell of alot closer to that than I am atrophied weebo kid that lives in a coccoon.  It'd be more relatable.

11 hours ago, JSharpie said:

No thank you. I like what we have now. I don't get the love for Hayden Tenno, he wasn't that cool of a character.

Edit: Also, how the hell are you going to wear a living being? Carve out their organs and strap their skin on yours with duct tape?

Worked for Chroma.

Also, I could see it working more like we upgrade operator-form, so when we pop out of the warframe we are more armored, can void shift (bullet jump) at will, and have a handful of other void based powers. Nothing too extravagant, but maybe capable of completing a spy or sabotage mission on their own.

Bonus points if we masteres "remote transferance" and could activate our warframe like a specter while we are in operator mode. Or maybe we awaken the frame and it acts independantly when we arent possessing it.

That last idea is actually something i suspect they are building up to. At some point, I wouldnt be surprised if we had the warframe and operator working in tandem, with the player able to switch control at will. 

I would see Operator gameplay to be like a loki/limbo hybrid, but then I am naramon and obsessed with stealth, so I am sure people could come up with unique gameplay styles for the operator.