Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Everyone Just Stop Popping Balloons Already

Niryco

I think we can actually blame DE. Its their fault that the event is so boring, that no one wants to play it once they got their reward. Normal events should change the way the game is played, so that players can play something other than original game. In this event(like in the past two) I can't see it. Its just new enemis, boring enemis I might add, and its still the same grinding. So if company can't attract people to their event by the event itself, then yes, its the company's fault.

I think we can actually blame DE. Its their fault that the event is so boring, that no one wants to play it once they got their reward. Normal events should change the way the game is played, so that players can play something other than original game. In this event(like in the past two) I can't see it. Its just new enemis, boring enemis I might add, and its still the same grinding. So if company can't attract people to their event by the event itself, then yes, its the company's fault.

Err no? You can blame them for a semi un-exciting event sure. Just like how you can blame other developers for making an un-exciting and down right boring game. 

But you can't blame them for your participation. Only you have control over that. Sure you can argue they "dangled" this reward in-front of your face as a motive. But ultimately it's your own fault for doing something you yourself did not enjoy.

They shouldn't need to attract you to an event for a game you're attracted to. If you don't like the event than don't bother with it. I've seen plenty of people still running Voids, Xini, Outer terminus. Why couldn't you be like those players?

They could have easily just not have had an event you know? And hey if you don't find any appeal to the event than pretend like it's not there.

There were plenty of ways to avoid this event. You can't blame anyone but yourself.

Err no? You can blame them for a semi un-exciting event sure. Just like how you can blame other developers for making an un-exciting and down right boring game. 

But you can't blame them for your participation. Only you have control over that. Sure you can argue they "dangled" this reward in-front of your face as a motive. But ultimately it's your own fault for doing something you yourself did not enjoy.

They shouldn't need to attract you to an event for a game you're attracted to. If you don't like the event than don't bother with it. I've seen plenty of people still running Voids, Xini, Outer terminus. Why couldn't you be like those players?

They could have easily just not have had an event you know? And hey if you don't find any appeal to the event than pretend like it's not there.

There were plenty of ways to avoid this event. You can't blame anyone but yourself.

You see, I saw quite a few events in diffirent games. And I learned that if devs want to make this event interesting, they need to make it different from the original game.

I've seen plenty of people still running Voids, Xini, Outer terminus. Why couldn't you be like those players?

For those guys that plays the game this event is good, because you just need to play in certain locations and watch for certain enemis. But for those who don't play the game, this event wasn't something different from the original playstyle of Warframe - grinding.

And here's another thing. I wrote that previous post mostly for guys who like to blame everything on the community. You know, those guys who are saying something like: "Why does everyone stopped grinding Informers?". Its like there is some point of grinding them. Most of people out there can't compete for the top100 so they aren't motivated. And killing them just for the sake of killing? You can kill enemis in more suitebale locations for you, where you can find the resources you need. Its not like anyone has fully leveled Paris/Snipetron/Vulkar/Lex/Lanka to kill Informers in high-level missons.

I see nothing wrong with the event - it's kind of fun.

Yeah, its kind of fun because Warframe is kind of fun, and this event is just Warframe grinding in diffirent wrap. Lets say you take away the reward from this event. What we have left? That's right. Nothing. This is what's wrong with this event. There's no point of hunting these infrormers besides the reward. Edited by Redthirst

I found the enemy to be kind of boring, a spydrone that just sits there and doesn't really react to you? What is it spying on then? Is it such a horrible spydrone that it cannot even detect that we've spotted it, or that we are pointing a weapon at it? I read the thing can vanish, so why doesn't it do that the moment somebody points a weapon at it and then relocate somewhere else?
The thing was just a dumb balloon and felt really lackluster in implementation, luckily it only took 2 missions to get 20+ kills so I didn't have to bother with them after that.

I hope enemies like these will be a bit more challenging/dynamic in the future, because this thing was almost no different from a standard corpus camera.

You see, I saw quite a few events in diffirent games. And I learned that if devs want to make this event interesting, they need to make it different from the original game.

For those guys that plays the game this event is good, because you just need to play in certain locations and watch for certain enemis. But for those who don't play the game, this event wasn't something different from the original playstyle of Warframe - grinding.

And here's another thing. I wrote that previous post mostly for guys who like to blame everything on the community. You know, those guys who are saying something like: "Why does everyone stopped grinding Informers?". Its like there is some point of grinding them. Most of people out there can't compete for the top100 so they aren't motivated. And killing them just for the sake of killing? You can kill enemis in more suitebale locations for you, where you can find the resources you need. Its not like anyone has fully leveled Paris/Snipetron/Vulkar/Lex/Lanka to kill Informers in high-level missons.

Yeah, its kind of fun because Warframe is kind of fun, and this event is just Warframe grinding in diffirent wrap. Lets say you take away the reward from this event. What we have left? That's right. Nothing. This is what's wrong with this event. There's no point of hunting these infrormers besides the reward.

You seem to be missing the point. All I'm trying to say is that the event was something EXTRA. An additional thing that DE didn't even need to introduce. But they did. And now people complain? 

It's like they give free content and people complain how they don't like it. But when they don't do anything people complain there isn't enough. I don't see the point in these threads. It's not like they made you pay money for it? Why do people continuously nag and complain?

I just don't get it. My clan mates and I (those that didn't feel like doing the event today) were just messing around in Dojo having a fun time. Why can't more people just do that? Just enjoy the other aspects of the game if the event wasn't for you. I personally liked it more than the Moa. A lot of my clan-mates agree. People just complain for the sake of complaining. 

You seem to be missing the point. All I'm trying to say is that the event was something EXTRA. An additional thing that DE didn't even need to introduce. But they did. And now people complain? 

It's like they give free content and people complain how they don't like it. But when they don't do anything people complain there isn't enough. I don't see the point in these threads. It's not like they made you pay money for it? Why do people continuously nag and complain?

I just don't get it. My clan mates and I (those that didn't feel like doing the event today) were just messing around in Dojo having a fun time. Why can't more people just do that? Just enjoy the other aspects of the game if the event wasn't for you. I personally liked it more than the Moa. A lot of my clan-mates agree. People just complain for the sake of complaining.

Re-read this sentence

And here's another thing. I wrote that previous post mostly for guys who like to blame everything on the community. You know, those guys who are saying something like: "Why does everyone stopped grinding Informers?". Its like there is some point of grinding them.

The thing is, DE got negative feedback on all of their events, yet they give us another such event. I'd like to see more complete events which will change the gameplay, even if it would mean much rarer events.

Oh, and almost forgot. I forsee a new wave of rage because of Snipertron Vandal. Especially if DE won't give us weapon itself, and instead will give us blueprint to farm Void again(I know that Vandals are Tenno modifications of weapons, but who knows, maybe we'll need to farm Void to gather tools for this modification.)

Edited by Redthirst

I'm happy with the event. I'm unhappy with the community.

DE aren't obligated to make these events for us. They do so because it's been suggested so many times by so many players, and they're simply trying to please the community.

So every time I see a thread full of negative responses like this, I cringe.

Re-read this sentence

The thing is, DE got negative feedback on all of their events, yet they give us another such event. I'd like to see more complete events which will change the gameplay, even if it would mean much rarer events.

Oh, and almost forgot. I forsee a new wave of rage because of Snipertron Vandal. Especially if DE won't give us weapon itself, and instead will give us blueprint to farm Void again(I know that Vandals are Tenno modifications of weapons, but who knows, maybe we'll need to farm Void to gather tools for this modification.)

Look that still doesn't change my point of YOU'RE NOT FORCED TO PARTICIPATE. They don't have to have events. But they had it the one time and now everyone expects one and to be just as good or better than the last. They've only done a handful of events. Let them try different things, it's their game for crying out loud. Like I said before they don't have to have a single event, ever. But they do it to try and change things up,which they did, Instead of going to the objective and killing Grineer in my path, now I got to also play hide n seek with these drones. Sure they don't do anything but they make me focus on more than just killing and objectives.

But I do agree with the last bit. If I need to go back to the void and collect 3 bps and take a few days to make one weapon I'll be throwing a fit. Probably take out my rage on some Grineer.

So few deserve the reward? What's your problem?

Yeah for example so many of my friends and people in the clan tell me how they got only 20 and decided that would be enough for them to get the reward and called it a day while im here with 567 kills trying to help move that progress bar along with the other community members that are atleast trying to get this done so yeah i would agree with the fact that people who are mentioned above do so little and expect others to do more for them and still get something out of it a bit BS and they shouldnt get anything

Yeah for example so many of my friends and people in the clan tell me how they got only 20 and decided that would be enough for them to get the reward and called it a day while im here with 567 kills trying to help move that progress bar along with the other community members that are atleast trying to get this done so yeah i would agree with the fact that people who are mentioned above do so little and expect others to do more for them and still get something out of it a bit BS and they shouldnt get anything

I get how you feel.

I'm happy with the event. I'm unhappy with the community.

DE aren't obligated to make these events for us. They do so because it's been suggested so many times by so many players, and they're simply trying to please the community.

So every time I see a thread full of negative responses like this, I cringe.

So, what are you trying to say it that the community needs to stay silent? Its beta, we need to give feedback. You might not know it, but the feedback could be negative.

Look that still doesn't change my point of YOU'RE NOT FORCED TO PARTICIPATE. They don't have to have events. But they had it the one time and now everyone expects one and to be just as good or better than the last. They've only done a handful of events. Let them try different things, it's their game for crying out loud. Like I said before they don't have to have a single event, ever. But they do it to try and change things up,which they did, Instead of going to the objective and killing Grineer in my path, now I got to also play hide n seek with these drones. Sure they don't do anything but they make me focus on more than just killing and objectives.

Man, you seem to don't understand me. Sure, DE don't have to have these events, but why won't we give them our feedback, even if its negative. If the community would have been perfectly calm, DE could have thought that they doing all this stuff with events right. Which they not, in my opinion. We need all this hate and frustration to let DE understand how we feel about this event. If part of the community thinks that this event sucks, then DE should understand that its not how we want see these events. Sure, its their game, but all those fanboys out there always yell about DE making everything for their players. We are part of Warframe players and our opinion should not be disregarded.

So, what are you trying to say it that the community needs to stay silent? Its beta, we need to give feedback. You might not know it, but the feedback could be negative.

Man, you seem to don't understand me. Sure, DE don't have to have these events, but why won't we give them our feedback, even if its negative. If the community would have been perfectly calm, DE could have thought that they doing all this stuff with events right. Which they not, in my opinion. We need all this hate and frustration to let DE understand how we feel about this event. If part of the community thinks that this event sucks, then DE should understand that its not how we want see these events. Sure, its their game, but all those fanboys out there always yell about DE making everything for their players. We are part of Warframe players and our opinion should not be disregarded.

Eh honestly F*** it man. I'm over this S#&$ already. Opinions suck. This has been my motto recently. No 2 people who think differently can ever agree on anything. Like I said I enjoy the event and those that don't shouldn't *@##$ about it but rather constructively list what they didn't like about it, not force others to hate on it like they do (IE like the OP). 

But that's my standpoint. You have yours. 

Also alcohol made me lose the will to argue and watch some shows so I'm off to do that. Sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way.

Eh honestly F*** it man. I'm over this S#&$ already. Opinions suck. This has been my motto recently. No 2 people who think differently can ever agree on anything. Like I said I enjoy the event and those that don't shouldn't $#*(@ about it but rather constructively list what they didn't like about it, not force others to hate on it like they do (IE like the OP). 

But that's my standpoint. You have yours. 

Also alcohol made me lose the will to argue and watch some shows so I'm off to do that. Sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way.

Good for you. I enjoyed this little argument. We all have our point of views. Have a good day!

I actually enjoyed this event, I thought the drones were a neat enemy, even though they just sat there, playing hide and seek was fun.

Same. I'll openly admit I didn't go extremely out of my way to farm these enemies, since I had tunnelvision while trying to get my Ogris (And finally, I shall have it this Tuesday!) But I made sure every place I went to was Grineer so they'd spawn. It was pretty fun trying to find them - they weren't always just out in the open. Yeah, they don't "attack" you. So the F*** what? Not all enemies need to attack you to be a threat, nor be "fun" to fight.

I think many of the complainers have totally forgotten just what is the core element to this game. And that is gunplay and farming. A widespread, community event like this one had to have been some sort of farming. I'm frankly not sure what everyone's crying about when it comes to the event itself. It was JUST like the Fusion Moa one, only this time the lower levels were able to join in on the fun too.

The only two things I can see was a problem, was that Drone kills weren't shared with your party (that I know of) and DE giving that 20 kill restriction. Either should've been higher or never issued - but I DO understand why they did it. The Fusion Moa event had people sliding in right before the event ended and killing a Moa or two so they can get the prize. DE didn't want that to happen again.

It's all a learning process.

No one is happy with the event, lets just stop popping balloons and since we are all at fault, no one can blame each other maybe except DE.

Truly so few deserve the reward, rather die in a fire than get a gun so many don't deserve.

Sorry OP but you do not speak on my behalf. I thought the event was interesting. Who cares if people in "General" chat didn't care about it. The fact it reached 100% shows A LOT of people were interested in it. 

Stop trolling. The only thing DE can learn from this event, is to NOT announce the rewards and how to get said rewards. Anyone who complains about weapons obtained in BETA are bitter children. Do you think ANY of the weapons we use now, will compare to weapons that are released down the road? Seriously, some people just want to *@##$. 

Sorry OP but you do not speak on my behalf. I thought the event was interesting. Who cares if people in "General" chat didn't care about it. The fact it reached 100% shows A LOT of people were interested in it. 

Stop trolling. The only thing DE can learn from this event, is to NOT announce the rewards and how to get said rewards. Anyone who complains about weapons obtained in BETA are bitter children. Do you think ANY of the weapons we use now, will compare to weapons that are released down the road? Seriously, some people just want to $#*(@. 

Clearly because my opinion doesn't coincide with yours you are taking it out on me and calling me a troll.

Thanks for expressing your anger because i don't feel any happier with what you told me.

Just to put it bluntly, you agreed with what i said that there are many who do not appreciate the efforts of the few. That people do not like others having special items, read my post proper before you post.

Edited by Jacate