Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennogen on native client

Hawk197

Question

Been having problems getting the Steam client of Warframe to run properly for the past few weeks. My internet is really crappy and I don't feeling spending a whole week redownloading and updating that client. Is it at all possible to link my Steam account to Warframe to purchase Tennogen items, or purchase Tennogen items through Steam?

My problem isn't fps drops or such, I don't have the Steam client downloaded because it never worked for me and was full of bugs. I don't want to spend the next 6 days downloading the Steam client and updating that version of Warframe, just to find out the client is still not working. I'd rather just buy the stuff directly from Steam if I can't buy it from DE.

Edited by Hawk197
Clarification

3 answers to this question

You can link your warfarme account to your Steam account, but all that this does is make sure that you have your Tennogen items, Rubedo-Plated items, and Phased items no matter what at all times. If you want to buy new Tennogen items, then you will have to have your game running through Steam, but once you buy the items, you can reinstall outside of Steam with them as long as your account is linked.

Edited by thewhitepanda1205

Best you can do is the below...I did reinstall via steam when I did a refresh of windows, just in case I was tempted to buy tennogen but there are some instructions to move existing installs online and from what I've read tennogen stuff once bought shows up in the main client (I can't confirm though).

I initially tried using the steam version but fps were dreadful for me so I looked into how to improve performance and found out you can run the steam version without running the steam client :)  It does however stop you from seeing the steam market but you can still load it via steam too :)

Follow instructions in spoiler (from reddit) to play without steam taking resources etc.  You can still play the steam version by linking to the original shortcut or loading via steam so best of both worlds :)

Spoiler

Edited by LSG501