Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Take On The Event.

helosie

I know there are several posts on this subject, the majority of them being negative but I feel the record needs to be set here and so i will go over this in my view and compaire this event to the fusion moa event.

Number 1: During the Moa event, we had no clue what the prize was, we had to keep killing moa's for it to become clear enough to see that it was frost prime. This was a brilliant tactic which got people to do the event to see what it was.

During this event, you told us what the prize was, and well, compaired to a prime warframe, it was kinda lackluster.

Number 2: Telling people to kill 20 to qualify for the sniptron vandal was a BAD idea. Most people saw this, killed 20, and then never bothered to kill anymore. Once again, back to the moa event, No one told us how many we had to kill to get the prize so more people were more inclined to keep killing the super chickens.

Number 3: The drones didn't spawn on defense missions. Now I understand why they didn't due to the fact that their nature is to hide, but also the more veteran players like myself see their endgame as doing defense missions to see how high they could go. We were done WAY before the end of the fusion moa event due to the fact that they spawned on defense missions.

Number 4: This might be worth mentioning as I'm effected in this catagory. This event kicked off on the heels of a major american holiday. So there was no doubt a chunk of people away this weekend to be with their family during it, including myself. Not trying to make excuses, but this is a good possibility.

Edit Number 5: Kills should count for all team members, not individuals only. This is a co-op game after all and is more fun to do an event with your friends. This event seems more catered to soloists.

Overall, Learning from the fusion moa event to this event: The less information given about prizes and kills needed to get said prizes was a better incentive.

This is just my take on the whole thing.

Edited by helosie

I agree with OP. During the moa event I had no idea what I was getting. All I knew was I needed to participate to gain the reward. Once I knew that it was a (sniper rifles are not my bag of tea) snipetron vandal I completely stopped before I started. I can care less about that reward and also the reward for being in the top 100. Now let me show you my hypocrisy.... if I were to have participated in this event not knowing what I would have gotten, I would be pleasantly surprised to have a brand new sniper rifle.

Weird huh? I guess thats just how I think on the subject of knowing what I was getting into.

I know there are several posts on this subject, the majority of them being negative but I feel the record needs to be set here and so i will go over this in my view and compaire this event to the fusion moa event.

Number 1: During the Moa event, we had no clue what the prize was, we had to keep killing moa's for it to become clear enough to see that it was frost prime. This was a brilliant tactic which got people to do the event to see what it was.

During this event, you told us what the prize was, and well, compaired to a prime warframe, it was kinda lackluster.

Number 2: Telling people to kill 20 to qualify for the sniptron vandal was a BAD idea. Most people saw this, killed 20, and then never bothered to kill anymore. Once again, back to the moa event, No one told us how many we had to kill to get the prize so more people were more inclined to keep killing the super chickens.

I think these are the central problems of this event really. Nicely put.

I think most Problems of these Events are that they counter the group-play.

Hey, it's a coop-game, why does only one man in the group get rewarded for a kill?

I ended up in switching to solo mode because I just thougt it is more productive to my counter. (after I had the 3rd rusher running in front of me and only killing the drones...)

A good event should reward all in your group I think...

If one in your team kills a Drone the counter of all should increase, that would encourage group play...

People complained during the Fusion Moa event that there was no incentive to complete it as nobody knew what the prize was.

People complaining during the Drone event that there is no incentive to complete it as everybody knows what the prize is.

DE can't please everybody.

I was under the impression that DE told the community what the rewards were this time because pretty much all the forum posts surrounding the moa event were complaining about wanting to know about the prize.

I personally don't care one way or the other what the prize is, I want it. So foreknowledge does not affect my performance.

I was very disappointed when I realized they wouldn't show up in defense...they did say ANY grineer mission 15+ after all...

theres also other differences .. and that is if you let a fusion moa live you would suffer damage and they would rush at you .. theres no draw back to letting a drone live and they stay in one spot from the time of spawn to the time of end mission i think they should have made them follow you around or something else at the least make their living an annoyance to the players and we will definitely kill them instead of rushing past them

I killed 30ish drones in the first few hours of the event and I'm done farming them now. Sure, if a drone finds itself in my sights it's going to get an arrow stuck through it, but generaly I'd rather play warframe how I want to (usually defence with other people, not solo grineer missions over and over). And the best bit? I'm sat here just into the 20+ kills category so, provided that we win, I'll be getting my vandal. The exact same vandal that the guy who clocked up several thousand kills over the weekend will also be given.

Perhaps a tier system would work better, with increasingly awesome rewards as you push on - even go as far as to make the vandal the big shiny top tier reward (but not top X players, that just puts people off even trying if they don't have hours to spare). Killing the drones is not particularly engaging or fun, and when I've only got to murder 20 of them to become eligible for the vandal that's all I can be bothered to do. Sure, the primed chamber mod is a thing, but realistically you're going to need to give up your whole weekend for a shot at it, which I'm not prepared to do.  Give me motivation to actively go above 20 kills and I'll gladly blow more of them up (note that watching a % bar of unspecified quantity slowly increase does not count as motivation)

People may have whined due to not knowing what the reward was, But they still did it anyway to find out WHAT it was.

There will always be compaining.

Also added a 5th reason.

Edited by helosie

Also in events they should give us something that we didnt see. 

After they announced that rifle most of the people stopped before even trying.

Be it a potatoed sniper rifle with its own slot(my guess) i dont care anyway because im not a fan of those weapons.

Lets hope DE takes this Event as a lesson and dont do the same mistake because this and the event before this was a fiasco IMO

Number 3: The drones didn't spawn on defense missions. Now I understand why they didn't due to the fact that their nature is to hide, but also the more veteran players like myself see their endgame as doing defense missions to see how high they could go. We were done WAY before the end of the fusion moa event due to the fact that they spawned on defense missions.

Number 4: This might be worth mentioning as I'm effected in this catagory. This event kicked off on the heels of a major american holiday. So there was no doubt a chunk of people away this weekend to be with their family during it, including myself. Not trying to make excuses, but this is a good possibility.

Edit Number 5: Kills should count for all team members, not individuals only. This is a co-op game after all and is more fun to do an event with your friends. This event seems more catered to soloists.

Overall, Learning from the fusion moa event to this event: The less information given about prizes and kills needed to get said prizes was a better incentive.

This is just my take on the whole thing.

A very well written post. I don't really have anything else to add to it, but it needs to be seen.

The event just didn't have much in the way of planning behind it, that I could see.

The "goal" was a hodgepodge mess of common objective and competition with the end result being that it wasn't particularly good at either simply by design (and silly metrics). Pick one of the two, devote your time to making that one enjoyable and stick with it.

For example, the tier system they had for clans was one of the laziest things I've seen slapped together. If a clan had 101 members (which would pop it into the highest tier) they stood zero chance of getting anything beyond the basic reward. Basing the awards on the average number of kills per member would've been far better, but god forbid, it might've required a little more work.

As noted, telling people the minimum number was a bad idea, particularly since I know some people were confused about the fact that yes, the bar actually needed to be filled. I know this also resulted in resentment from some people involved in the late-night/early-morning push that got the bar filled and didn't receive anything extra for those hours of work than those who put in the absolute minimum. That does the exact opposite of fostering team building or cooperation.

Finally, to a pretty big extent, after a while, it was work. It's easily the most tedious experience I've had playing the game. That's the biggest failure in my view, it wasn't actually fun (and I know I'm not alone in this opinion). The Fusion Moas were actually interesting and shot back; the balloons had neither of these going for them.

This event was okay...it was sure of a grind though once it reached it's end, id know personally trust me....

The event was just "okay" and nothing more or inspiring...  didn't inspire alot of team work for clans, alot of warlords i'm sure said "lets split up to score more kills so our clan can make the leaderboard".

Future events should have the options suitable to engage them solo, random pubs, and ESPECIALLY by clan squads.

If this could be executed you'd see alot more enthusiasm and activity for future events