Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best build for Banshee?

Seir

Question

I just fell in love with Banshee after having her in my inventory gathering dust for what seems to be months. I am wondering what would be the best build for her. I have seen several youtube videos but they are all different. 

6 answers to this question

24 minutes ago, samuel3417 said:

I have seen several youtube videos but they are all different. 

This is why there is no unequivocal "Best" build for banshee. You mod her the way you play, and you play her knowing she is a squishy biscuit. 

I build for Sonar since i see this as more beneficial to the team overall. You can go Ham with damage, but try to keep some duration (unless building with a trin in mind), use Augment for Range. You can bring down damage a touch (remove a dmg mod), and it'll allow you to get a more balanced build which pushes out range, or increases duration a bit.

If you want to make a Savage Silence build, cut the range down, the Stun doesn't last that long, so you want to close the gap while they are stunned if you are going melee. Alternatively, Push the range out, but cut the duration drastically, and push up your efficiency. You can stand out in the open and keep casting Silence when it drops this way, and shoot with primaries, but will need to play the energy minigame.

Sound Quake is a bit more situational. Most people use it for a bit of CC'ing, but it can work with Sonar if you want to kill things with it. Banshee can still clear rooms if you use the Sonar Augment.

If you want to strip armour, Sound quake and Sonic Booms augments will help.

If you want her to get nerfed, build for duration, efficiency, and range. Find the middle of the map, and press '4' - On behalf of actual banshee players, please don't go this route.

There's really not a "Best" generalized build for Banshee.

It all highly depends on the level range of enemies you're fighting and even then Duration Vs. Power are at each others necks late game because of Resonance Overlaps.

Savage Silence is mandatory if you use Zenistar or melee frames in the group and not so useful otherwise.

I have like 5 Banshee builds because it just all depends on what you're fighting and your group composition.

In lower levels play the more value Defensive mods have and the less you need Power Strength/Duration. The high you go the less Defensive mods matter and the more Power / Duration you need. Savage Silence exploits stealth multipliers for melee so if you have melee effects in play it's an ideal choice. The only thing that's fairly consistent is Power Range which sits between 100-160%.

No, I don't like the last option. I normally use 4 when on a defense and we are getting overrun. Just to cc them and allow my team to re position and take out key targets. I don't use it for damage. Thank you for the great post. 

On 1/23/2017 at 4:03 PM, Nyunaisuzume said:

I just fell in love with Banshee after having her in my inventory gathering dust for what seems to be months. I am wondering what would be the best build for her. I have seen several youtube videos but they are all different. 

This built is for interception and mobile defense:

1AGosvN.jpg

This built for defense. Note that i found out that replacing energy conversion with blind rage gives better result

lE7MZpP.jpg

I like the resonance build.

Resonance, maximum stretch or Cunning Drift buffed range, High strength, max efficiency, balanced duration.

Keep Silence active, dbuff the field with resonance and use SQ if needet.

Works best with naramon and melee due to her and silences nature. Feel free to add Sonic Fracture too. Great Cc and dbuff tool.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108