Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could the intervals between Kuva cloud spawns be shortened by ~10 sec?

Chroia

I've been playing them a lot.
I rather like them (repetition aside. The varying tilesets helps there).
What gets me about them, however, is the 'watching paint dry' of it.

The spawns aren't thick enough to warrant the downtime - which is fair, because if they were, your Operative would get instagibbed.
So you either clear the area - or bring a frame that can ignore the spawns - and then you're stuck twiddling your thumbs for 20 seconds. Again and again.

It is, in two words: 'not fun'.

It can vary, and sometimes it's almost instant that the next one spawns. Therefore, I think it's an interval of like 2-15 sec when a cloud can spawn.

Btw, between the Kuva cloud spawn you are supposed to fight for dear life and kill the Guardians. Their purpose is to spawn between waves, after all.

11 minutes ago, Kuestenjung said:

This is the worst argument you can ever bring. What isn´t fun for you can be fun for others.

I get your actual point but I disagree, I would rather see a slight increase in Kuva enemy spawns.

I get what you're saying. Yes, 'fun' is subjective.
I'd argue that no one considers standing around doing absolutely nothing but wait to be a game.
Even in the 'hide' part of Hide and Seek, you're mentally engaged - keeping an ear open for the seeker, considering alternate hiding places, weighing whether to go tag the seeker's spot.
Here, not so much.

Regardless, correct me if I've misunderstood - you agree about the underlying problem, you just disagree with the solution I chose for it.

-----

7 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

It can vary, and sometimes it's almost instant that the next one spawns. Therefore, I think it's an interval of like 2-15 sec when a cloud can spawn.

As far as I can tell, there's a static interval between cloud spawns. It seems instant if it takes you a long time to capture a cloud, or are a couple tiles away. The interval keeps ticking down even if you're not there.

7 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Btw, between the Kuva cloud spawn you are supposed to fight for dear life and kill the Guardians. Their purpose is to spawn between waves, after all.

They're honestly no different from any other of the defending spawns, aside from having their unique invulnerability gimmick.
YMMV here, but in my experience,
they're either not enough of a threat, and die fast once they're vulnerable;
or they're so tanky they're just not worth bothering with at all.
Which goes back to enemy scaling, which is a tangent.

Edited by Chroia

The interval is static indeed, and yes it's one of the most boring time-wasters in the game. To me "not fun" is the best argument you could possibly make in fact. I'm mostly just ignoring that entire part of the game because it's so mind-numbingly boring. Wasting time on instantly respawning kuva troops isn't interesting, so in reality siphons are just a 2 minute waiting game, and waiting around isn't game play, it's just boring.

Shortening the interval would only shorten the boring period a little bit. That entire mechanic needs to be scrapped and a proper game mode implemented (and if it's just adding an excavation node to the Kuva Fortress that delivers kuva instead of cryotic).