Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

EBlade Finisher Damage Build

Theiyre

Question

So recently I've been putting work into my Excalibur and decided on decent build (quick thinking, energy conversion, arcanes etc.) for the frame itself, but I cannot decide on a good build for my nikana prime/dragon nikana.  My current build just utilizes life strike, and focus energy with radiation and viral but it can only go so far.  The goal is solo survival in T4 conditions for as long as possible.  Obviously a combination of radial blind and eblade is the highest damage output, but should I use rage and vitality on my frame with the focus energy life strike combo?  Should I go for pure elemental damage?  Is crit viable for a full naramon build?  One intriguing build is a slash damage build. High status chance and high slash damage combined with Radiant Finish augment means slash procs (which ignore armor, shields, and are finisher damage) tic enemies down extremely fast. Is it reasonable to put only status and slash damage mods on?  Should I be using Corrosive Projection if the goal is to ignore armor (steel charge instead?)  pls help

14 answers to this question

If ur using the right elementals, cp is pointless.

For a pure hack and slash build cp is better in t4.

A hybrid build isn't bad, just throw on a buzz kill for slash and some elemental.

A full naramon build would just make u do more crits, i mean who doesn't want more crits. A high crit chance is good overall if u decide to go full elemental(especially corrosive)

4 hours ago, AeroVero said:

If ur using the right elementals, cp is pointless.

For a pure hack and slash build cp is better in t4.

A hybrid build isn't bad, just throw on a buzz kill for slash and some elemental.

A full naramon build would just make u do more crits, i mean who doesn't want more crits. A high crit chance is good overall if u decide to go full elemental(especially corrosive)

I've been running full elemental in survivals and going ok, but what combo is better: elements (90% or dual stats) and crit (true steel organ strike), or element (2-3 dual stat corrosive and cold) and slash (buzzkill and maybe jagged edge) and crit.  Or is building for crit not worth it because the highest you get is about 30 something% with naramon?  The only mods I am using across all builds is pressure point and berserker, I have 6 slots to work with and there's so many options that I don't have enough forma to test them all.

25 minutes ago, Theiyre said:

I've been running full elemental in survivals and going ok, but what combo is better: elements (90% or dual stats) and crit (true steel organ strike), or element (2-3 dual stat corrosive and cold) and slash (buzzkill and maybe jagged edge) and crit.  Or is building for crit not worth it because the highest you get is about 30 something% with naramon?  The only mods I am using across all builds is pressure point and berserker, I have 6 slots to work with and there's so many options that I don't have enough forma to test them all.

Recently I modded my nikana for Excal's radient finish. I went for status combination:

primed point blank
primed fury
weeping wounds
drifting contact
healing return
relentless combination
molten impact
fever strike

This combination will build your counter very fast towards 100% status. The gas damage will totally overkill all blinded enemies. Fury or primed fury are better for finisher builds because beserker gets ignored with finishers. And sadly finishers can be quite slow. Healing return will make sure you have a steady flow of health because you will proc gas and slash quite constantly. 

I am happy with this build and it works wonders on eximus stronghold sorties. 

Radiant Finish does not affect bleed damage. If you want to kill enemies with finishers just get a CL dagger and forget about EBlade.

In solo play Steel Charge is considerably more effective than CP if you're relying on Corrosive or Slash procs.

The best EBlade-centered build I've tested so far ended up being Corrosive + Blast EBlade via dual-stat mods paired with (Primed) Fury, Berserker, and Buzz Kill. For regular content (up to enemy level 200 or so) Buzz Kill is replaced with Life Strike, but if you're intending to go higher than that - you won't be able to make use of it as pretty much everything will one-shot you. The same goes for all and every defensive mod and Rage- if you intend to go high, you usually do so a 300/300 frame. Naramon is mandatory. You'll also need to have an adequate range (at least 100%) for Spin Blind to not be useless garbage, and you'll be relying on it a lot (unless you went CL-dagger build ofc).

Maximum I've done so far was 2 hours 25 minutes of Mot with EBlade Excal.

Edited by Epsik-kun

2 hours ago, Theiyre said:

If you're gonna use EB don't use IPS mods.

On 1/24/2017 at 10:30 AM, Epsik-kun said:

Radiant Finish does not affect bleed damage. If you want to kill enemies with finishers just get a CL dagger and forget about EBlade.

In solo play Steel Charge is considerably more effective than CP if you're relying on Corrosive or Slash procs.

The best EBlade-centered build I've tested so far ended up being Corrosive + Blast EBlade via dual-stat mods paired with (Primed) Fury, Berserker, and Buzz Kill. For regular content (up to enemy level 200 or so) Buzz Kill is replaced with Life Strike, but if you're intending to go higher than that - you won't be able to make use of it as pretty much everything will one-shot you. The same goes for all and every defensive mod and Rage- if you intend to go high, you usually do so a 300/300 frame. Naramon is mandatory. You'll also need to have an adequate range (at least 100%) for Spin Blind to not be useless garbage, and you'll be relying on it a lot (unless you went CL-dagger build ofc).

Maximum I've done so far was 2 hours 25 minutes of Mot with EBlade Excal.

Radiant finish does affect bleed damage as slash procs are finisher damage, I even just tested in in simulacrum and a lvl 125 corrupted heavy gunner took a few thousand less damage per tic when blinded WITHOUT rf.  I can see why radiant finish isn't amazing but it does still increase bleed.  As far as damage types go, I understand that corrosive is great as well as adding slash to it (and to the person who suggested gas, gas doesn't ignore armor whereas corrosive and slash reduce and ignore it respectively) but is it worth it to take a fury and 1 dual stat mod off for crit?

Edited by Theiyre

1 hour ago, Theiyre said:

I even just tested in in simulacrum

Then you're doing your testing wrong, unless DE had changed it in like 3 last hotfixes - I've done the same exact testing not so long ago. Neither Radiant Finish nor Savage Silence affect bleed damage. They only affect prompted finisher damage. Not to mention, if Radiant finish were to affect bleed damage, it would change not by a few thousands but by a few orders of magnitude.

1 hour ago, Theiyre said:

is it worth it to take a fury and 1 dual stat mod off for crit?

No. Losing Blast in your combo will make your resource economy dramatically worse and will decrease your Slash proc chance considerably. I would go for Fury even if you don't have a primed one yet. If you want to go crit so much, then remove both Blast dual-stats, so you'll have one less element, and replace it with crit mods. It's a worse option for a prolonged survival, but It's a better one among them. Be prepared to blind a lot, though.

On 1/25/2017 at 5:20 PM, Epsik-kun said:

No. Losing Blast in your combo will make your resource economy dramatically worse and will decrease your Slash proc chance considerably.

Could you elaborate on this a bit? This is my first time hearing that decreasing your elemental weight will decrease your chance of landing a physical proc.

6 hours ago, SortaRandom said:

Could you elaborate on this a bit? This is my first time hearing that decreasing your elemental weight will decrease your chance of landing a physical proc.

The status weight of IPS damage is four times higher than that of elemental damage. Most of the time total status chance increase from a single dual-stat outweighs the addition of an extra elemental - unless we are talking about near 100% status chances. On Exalted Blade in particular (base status proc chance 10%) every single dual-stat nets in an effective increase of Slash status proc. Not to mention, Blast is godlike on Exalted Blade in prolonged Survivals.

16 hours ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

Some prefer the Corrosive+Blast status build. Some prefer the Blind+Gas build.

Guess both sides swear by their opinions. 

I use them both.

Corrosive + Blast build also utilizes Blind. The problem of the pure Gas EBlade is the resource economy. Gas being garbage damage type on its own results in you resorting to the help of Blind much earlier that you would with Corrosive + Blast combo. Overextended scaling is also worse, compared to Corrosive + Blast build that uses Buzz Kill, unless you aren't going to face any armour on your enemies.

When the resource economy and endless scaling are not a problem - sorties, for example - Gas build is pretty strong. 

6 hours ago, Epsik-kun said:

The status weight of IPS damage is four times higher than that of elemental damage. Most of the time total status chance increase from a single dual-stat outweighs the addition of an extra elemental - unless we are talking about near 100% status chances. On Exalted Blade in particular (base status proc chance 10%) every single dual-stat nets in an effective increase of Slash status proc. Not to mention, Blast is godlike on Exalted Blade in prolonged Survivals.

Oh, you were referring to 60/60 mods. I completely that part in the bit you quoted, so I assumed you were talking about 90% elementals and got super confused as to why removing one would make your bleed procs less reliable. XD

Regarding the Gas thing, though, a recent hotfix changed it so that hitting enemies with a melee weapon doesn't wipe the stealth multiplier-- so using Naramon should produce identical results to Blinding everything in sight (damage-wise) as long as you don't bump into anything. I haven't tested it on EB yet, but it works on everything I've tried so far (including Telos Boltace waves for some ungodly reason) so I assume EB waves would be no different.

I'm sure this is just a freak bug, but while it's here, Gas EB builds just became a million times more energy efficient.

Edited by SortaRandom

By reading a bunch of wiki stuff, reddit pages, and forum posts, I've concluded that the following build suits me well ^.^

Excal Build:

I put a bunch of forma on it so I can fit a blind, general use, and endgame build(a,b,c respectively).  I use either the arcane pendragon helmet or a helmet with an arcane strike as well as a syndana with an arcane fury.  This build gives me plenty of damage with my energy conversion intensify and steel charge to melt enemies with status.  The handspring rage and qt are there for the survivability (currently trying to get good enough to replace rage with another strength mod).  The remaining mods are for channel cost as well as the radial blind that is a lifesaver in between Naramon invisibility sprees.  This build is kinda flexible and depending on what high-level missions I'm running off to, I switch mods around (especially changing to cp when in a squad)

gcg9tKy.png

Nikana Prime Build:

Combined with Naramon passive, the 2 crit mods at the far right make me invisible for long periods of time as well as dishing out massive status damage (critical status procs yay!)  Berserker and ppp are obvious choices, as well as buzz kill for those slash procs that demolish effective hp.  The remaining 3 mods are maybe a little unconventional.  I went for viral rather than corrosive/radiation etc. Cutting an enemy's hp in half and then proceeding to melt it with armor/shield-ignoring crit-bleed procs seems to work for most high-end enemies.  The condition overload is just there cuz why not.  If I apply viral and 1 slash proc to an enemy, each new slash proc will deal an additive 120% extra damage(or so I hope), but I'm still testing and can't decide whether I want to return to a 3rd dual status mod or keep the condition overload.  Basically this build halves hp then proceeds to ignore damage resistances with critical slash procs with condition overload buff.

9TmjnFn.png

If anyone's still reading this thread, tell me what you think of muh builds!