Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please remove [hidden] mission timers!

magusat999

I'm suggesting, asking, begging and pleading to remove the time limitations from Exterminate and Assault missions. I don't know yet if there are timers in other modes (well actually I found it in Crossfire and Spy modes). Basically, these time restrictions, some of which are not even indicated in the GUI - and someone telling us in the forum does not satisfy the logic, before anyone tells us there is a 15 minute limit on Exterminate... That isn't sufficient. The game should let us know, not by Ordis or Lotus whining or some ambient hint - but by an actual timer displayed on the screen.

I'd like the timer to be there before the time is at 40 seconds. I am initially asking for not time limit at all, but if there is going to be one it shouldn't be 40 seconds, all of a sudden while you are looking for a Grineer cache.

There are sub-objectives, like the aforementioned looking for Grineer caches, that these timers and time restriction make unreasonable to try and accomplish. Some of us like to explore the level and look for stuff - you cannot do that if the game suddenly slaps you with a timer. If this is a response to AFK, it shouldn't be a HARD TIMER. As soon as the player is moving around the timer should go away.

I had three missions fail because of this. because I am not rushing through the missions i am being penalized and that is not right - I hope this will be repealed / adjusted so it isn't just one more punishing, time wasting thing.

As stated in the 18.5 patch notes, the timer is negated if you complete the extermination objective. All you have to do is kill everything and then walk back to the beginning and do whatever you want. 

I actually didn't know this was a thing, at all. I've spent literal hours in a single mission, and never seen a timer, most likely because this has always been my basic procedure. Complete the objective and then roam. 

Edited by (PS4)theelix

7 minutes ago, (PS4)theelix said:

All you have to do is kill everything and then walk back to the beginning and do whatever you want. 

It would still be nice, if they are going to add a timer to a mission, for it to be displayed somewhere in the UI, as a gesture of courtesy if nothing else.

Just now, Xekrin said:

It would still be nice, if they are going to add a timer to a mission, for it to be displayed somewhere in the UI, as a gesture of courtesy if nothing else.

I agree, I'm sorry. Should've been more clear about that. These timers should defined if they're going to exist at all, otherwise it's not that great of a mechanic.

I suppose it's made to discourage AFKs? Or combat some other sort of exploitation? 

10 minutes ago, (PS4)theelix said:

I agree, I'm sorry. Should've been more clear about that. These timers should defined if they're going to exist at all, otherwise it's not that great of a mechanic.

I suppose it's made to discourage AFKs? Or combat some other sort of exploitation? 

I'm pretty sure its there to discourage something - but it's sweeping legitimate play in along with it. One of the missions I failed was an alert. After I failed it the alert was gone. I completed all of the Grineer caches, so it was really bitter (why we have to lose everything is another bother). BTW, I was literally one step away from the last objective when it timed out.

I think if it is going to be timed, time the whole mission. Show us the timer from the beginning. But truly, most of these timers should be removed. If, as you said in your other post, we can complete the objective and stay in the level with no timer - why have one at all? It just forces you to traverse through an entire level that you just went through. One of the games I failed was HUGE and included Arch Wing areas - who wants to back-track through all of that? That is just making the mission unnecessarily longer than it needs to be. We should be able to do all of the objectives with or without the need to back-track. i know you are saying how it is, and it's true - but that is so painful, it needs to be changed.

2 hours ago, (PS4)theelix said:

Probably because otherwise you could keep things like alerts indefinitely open - once you have an open session you invite more players, trigger host migrations to split the one session into multiple sessions, rinse repeat.