Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any tips on increasing damage output ?

Ganstrich

Question

Hi everyone,

I'm writing this topic to ask what are some basic tips to increase my damage ouptut ? I've just finished the War Within Quest. I got some warframes, my most used being Saryn Prime. I just don't know what to do to increase my damage output. Right now, I got a Tiberon with Serration max and Corrosive/Blast combination. As melee weapon, I currently use Lesion. I don't seem to be dealing the same amount of damage as others. I can't do sorties without being carried. Any ideas what to farm for ? 

12 answers to this question

Do you have all 8 mods slotted in? Are they maxed? If not, you can start here.

Also, Corrosive/Blast is a solid and balanced combination, but against some factions, there are better elementals.

A frame with a direct damage buff to the weapons is nice, especially if that frame can take a lot of hits, so you can afford to shoot more without running. Chroma / Rhino are prime candidates for this since they have large damage buffs to self.

Tiberon has the unfortunate line of stats that tend to fall off because it is purely based on raw damage. I would try to get a gun with some good status or crit stats. As for the Lesion, especially with saryn, I would probably mod for gas and status. Also you could get a melee which benefits more from the bloodrush+body count combo as that scales easier into late game. 

Edited by Vrcross

Speaking generally, weapons with high critical chance have much higher damage output than those without. Lucky for you, the two mods required for critical based weapons - Point Strike and Vital Sense - are both very easy to max out!

I'd recommend looking into weapons with a high critical chance, such as Soma Prime or Paris Prime. Make sure you have Point Strike and Vital Sense on in addition to Serration, Split Chamber, and your elemental mods, and you'll be just fine.

5 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Speaking generally, weapons with high critical chance have much higher damage output than those without. Lucky for you, the two mods required for critical based weapons - Point Strike and Vital Sense - are both very easy to max out!

I'd recommend looking into weapons with a high critical chance, such as Soma Prime or Paris Prime. Make sure you have Point Strike and Vital Sense on in addition to Serration, Split Chamber, and your elemental mods, and you'll be just fine.

Soma / Paris P is an incredible boorish starting point. Especially Paris P, it's not great at all.

From the crit weapons with very high damage output, I would recommend Dex/Sybaris, Attica or Zhuge. When properly moded, those will shred everything, much more than a bow possibly can.

For example, when there are "Bow only" sorties, I always grab Attica / Zhuge. Never ever the ppl with bows like Dread/Paris P can do half the damage I do with the auto-bows.

22 minutes ago, Ganstrich said:

Hi everyone,

I'm writing this topic to ask what are some basic tips to increase my damage ouptut ? I've just finished the War Within Quest. I got some warframes, my most used being Saryn Prime. I just don't know what to do to increase my damage output. Right now, I got a Tiberon with Serration max and Corrosive/Blast combination. As melee weapon, I currently use Lesion. I don't seem to be dealing the same amount of damage as others. I can't do sorties without being carried. Any ideas what to farm for ? 

Soul Punched from General Discussion to Players helping Players.

1 minute ago, Ganstrich said:

Okay. I got Rhino, I'm currently trying to get Chroma. I'll try with those. Also, what could be good combinations against Corpus/Grineer ? I'll also try the Soma Crit build you recommend :)

For any critical hit weapon, you can use this template to begin with:

• Serration
  • Split Chamber
  • Point Strike
  • Vital Sense
  • 3 90% elemental mods

The last slot depends on the weapon. Automatic weapons like the Soma and Attica typically like Shred in the last slot, but use what feels comfortable for you. As you collect more mods, you can replace the third elemental mod with something else as you see fit.

As for faction-specific loadouts, mod your weapons with Corrosive-Cold for Grineer and Magnetic-Toxin for Corpus. Weapon and Warframe choice doesn't matter much, though you typically want at least one automatic weapon to deal with the Corpus's Nullifiers.

18 minutes ago, Vrcross said:

Tiberon has the unfortunate line of stats that tend to fall off because it is purely based on raw damage. I would try to get a gun with some good status or crit stats.

Simply being a pure damage weapon isn't the entire story. Most weapons that have low critical and status stats don't compare to critical or status weapons because they don't have high enough base damage to catch up when fully modded.

The Boltor Prime is a pure damage weapon and is comparable to the Soma. The Sancti Tigris is a pure damage weapon and is one of the top weapons in the game overall. These can compete simply by having absurdly high base damage.

The Tiberon falls off not because it's a pure damage weapon, but because it's a pure damage weapon with mediocre base damage.

4 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

The Boltor Prime is a pure damage weapon and is comparable to the Soma. The Sancti Tigris is a pure damage weapon and is one of the top weapons in the game overall. These can compete simply by having absurdly high base damage.

These weapons you name aren't relegated to purely raw damage like you say. Tiberon has 2.5% crit chance compared to boltor prime's 10%, Soma prime's 10%(And this weapon isn't even a raw damage gun), and Sancti Tigris's 25%. Boltor can mod up its status to respectable levels as can the soma although the soma would prefer a more crit oriented build. The Sancti tigris is no where close to being only a raw damage gun. Crit and status scale higher because they either reward greatly for head shots in crit's case or strip an enemies defenses in status's case. Tiberon is a purely raw damage gun because both its supplementary stats are so low that any mods affecting them only increase the stat marginally, effectively wasting mod space. Tiberon is good until it is not, and that event takes place somewhere around lvl 60.

I modded my Soma following your advices and I'll try bringing it to Sorties while I'm farming for Soma Prime. I'm also levelling my Attica to put some forma on it. I'm farming New Loka for the Sancti Tigris, people told me it was a good weapon so I'll check it out. I just need to figure out how to farm orokin vault mods and I should be good ^^. Regarding the shotguns, can you recommand one that I should look onto ? I never really played with shotgun :p