Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ignis build

genr8k

Question

Ignis is one of the weapons I use when I don't feel like aiming.

I was modding it for Infested, but I want to make sure it can be used against corpus and grineer also.

I tried to see what elements I can add on and I realized that I can't do some, like Viral, or magnetic. 

2U1PrMg.jpg

Is firestorm worth having on it?  the increase range is nice, especially when I don't want to aim.  Is Combustion beam any good?

Is there a way to forma it so I can get any status mod?  Im think I can if I change the V Polarity used for Heavy Caliber or split changer to a D or bar polarity.

How can I increase the damage more?  I can trade out firestorm for wildfire, but I only get an extra 100 dmg, 

Edited by shiro.OoKami

9 answers to this question

You should be able to get Viral or Magnetic as long as you don't mind having Heat as well (or something that uses Heat).  For example if you swapped Hellfire and Infected Clip round on the build shown then swapped Firestorm for either Cold mod the Cold and Toxin mods should combine into Viral and leave Heat as a separate damage.

If you want damage do not remove Split Chamber as it almost doubles the damage everything else is adding.  Adding Wildfire wont be adding much since you have +300% Gas damage with the mods already in there.  Going up to +360% wont seem like much of a change.

Swapping one of the elemental mods for a Primed Bane of... will increase your damage against that enemy type but you would need to switch mods for each faction and you would need all three Primed Banes at max rank.

Mod for corrosive-heat so that you have more corrosive than heat, use every mod that increases your damage, use 90% elementals 

like this: http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Ignis/t_30_22203330_128-3-3-132-1-5-133-5-5-137-2-10-138-6-5-141-4-5-150-0-10-265-7-3_150-8-132-8-137-7-128-7-141-6-133-6-138-6-265-7/en/2-0-12/119303/0

Edited by SpeedOfLightPuncher

In general there won't be room on a good Ignis build for Firestorm or Combustion Beam, unless you want to make some serious compromises.

For those kinds of situations, I'd recommend you use Sinister Reach, as it certainly makes my usage more rewarding. Bear in mind I mainly use it with Ember Prime or Saryn Prime. It can be fun with a HoM Mirage build.

Ultimately you're probably going to have to look at acquiring a Riven for any major upgrades, which can be frustrating dealing with RNG.

15 minutes ago, Katinka said:

You should be able to get Viral or Magnetic as long as you don't mind having Heat as well (or something that uses Heat).  For example if you swapped Hellfire and Infected Clip round on the build shown then swapped Firestorm for either Cold mod the Cold and Toxin mods should combine into Viral and leave Heat as a separate damage.

If you want damage do not remove Split Chamber as it almost doubles the damage everything else is adding.  Adding Wildfire wont be adding much since you have +300% Gas damage with the mods already in there.  Going up to +360% wont seem like much of a change.

Swapping one of the elemental mods for a Primed Bane of... will increase your damage against that enemy type but you would need to switch mods for each faction and you would need all three Primed Banes at max rank.

Thank you,  I was able to get Viral

I have Prime Bane of Grineer, and Im waiting for Baro to have the others. What mod would be best to swich out for Prime Bane?

5 minutes ago, Arezael said:

In general there won't be room on a good Ignis build for Firestorm or Combustion Beam, unless you want to make some serious compromises.

For those kinds of situations, I'd recommend you use Sinister Reach, as it certainly makes my usage more rewarding. Bear in mind I mainly use it with Ember Prime or Saryn Prime. It can be fun with a HoM Mirage build.

Ultimately you're probably going to have to look at acquiring a Riven for any major upgrades, which can be frustrating dealing with RNG.

I forgot about sinister reach.  I got 1 ignis mod from sortie, it has +44 max ammo, +80 status duration, and -20 reload speed.  im still trying to get a better roll.  

16 minutes ago, SpeedOfLightPuncher said:

Mod for corrosive-heat so that you have more corrosive than heat, use every mod that increases your damage, use 90% elementals 

like this: http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Ignis/t_30_22203330_128-3-3-132-1-5-133-5-5-137-2-10-138-6-5-141-4-5-150-0-10-265-7-3_150-8-132-8-137-7-128-7-141-6-133-6-138-6-265-7/en/2-0-12/119303/0

thank you I will try it. Im still trying to figure out how status works on ignis.   

1 minute ago, shiro.OoKami said:

I have Prime Bane of Grineer, and Im waiting for Baro to have the others. What mod would be best to swich out for Prime Bane?

Okay, getting mathematical here but if you can follow this you'll be able to apply it to other weapons yourself instead of me just telling what to do with this one...

Certain mods add to each other while others multiply.  Serration and Heavy Calibur for example add as they are both base Damage but elementals multiply with them, the more base damage you have, the more damage Hellfire will give.  Now, mathematically you want to increase each of the things that multiply rather than going overboard on one, 2x2 being better than 3x1.  So, you have (1+Base Damage mods)x(1+Multishot mods)x(1+Elemental damage)x(1+Faction damage eg Bane) where your Base Damage mods are Serration (+165% or +1.65) and Heavy Calibur (+165% or +1.65) and so on giving (1+3.30)x(1+0.90)x(1+3.00)x(1+0.00)=32.68 times original damage, so you want to increase that (1+0.00) to a (1+0.55) by adding Primed Bane but you don't want to drop the others by too much, especially that Multishot as going from x1.90 to x1 is almost halfing your damage and the Bane wont make up for that!  That leaves either Heavy Calibur or an Elemental damage but HC will drop by 1.65 whereas you have 0.90 or even 0.60 you can sacrifice from the Elemental damage.  So, focussing on damage over Status Chance on a Status per second weapon I'd say drop a 60% Elemental/Status mod giving (1+3.30)x(1+0.90)x(1+2.40)x(1+0.55)=43.0559 times the original damage of the weapon.  Things get more complicated when you throw crits into the equation but I wouldn't worry about them on an Ignis.

I use my Ignis to apply status for lots of enemies at a time. Because of reach and PT, Ignis can apply the status to lots of enemies, but since it is a continuous weapons, it will work better with status that dont need continuous application like corrosive to be effective. Viral and Blast are examples. I use VA to get to 100% status.

5 hours ago, shiro.OoKami said:

thank you I will try it. Im still trying to figure out how status works on ignis.   

it is basically status chance/second. That means that in 1 second you have 25% status chance instead of 1 bullet like other rifles. If you put a fire rate mod on you are going to have a lot more status chance because you are going to be dishing out more ammo/second. You shouldn't really mod any beam weapon (stats/sec) weapon for status because it isn't going to help much.